Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

521 - 530 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Twwtoolong- your results sound great! Hopefully everything tomorrow looks good as well. You will feel so much better when you get the answers and have a plane. I started my estrogen and will have an US and BW the 27th and the transfer could be as early as 3/3 :-) I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Just need these 2 little embryos to survive the thaw and they said it's a 50-75% chance. Praying I get 100%!

7 years ago

OMG - luckykap -that is happening so soon! I am so excited for you and praying this will be your BFP!!!

Keep us posted on how it's going! I can't wait to get some answers, even if they aren't the ones we want - I still want to know where we stand and, you're right, what the plan is!

7 years ago

Ugh, nothing to update here twwtoolong. Still waiting to hear from the clinic if they found a donor. They said expect it to take 3 weeks or so, its been 8 days and I'm already itching for an update. We decided I'm going to contact them on Thursday (just shy of 2 weeks) and be like "hey, so uh, how long do you think its gonna take???"

I'm going to be a stern voice here and say MAKE your dh do the sperm analysis! Mine was very hesitant about doing it, I mean we held onto the specimen cup for 2 months before "filling" it and getting it analyzed. I think they're just scared theyll lose some manly feeling or something. But if your doctor is saying everything looks good with you, that could mean it's him and wouldn't you both rather know sooner than later? That way you don't hold out so much hope each month, if you can pinpoint the problem there could be such an easy fix to it and then you could have your baby!

Luckykap - I'm so excited for you! The time is passing super quick!

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- I can't imagine - I feel like there is so much hurry up and wait! At least with the tww you there is going to be a BFP or AF will show up, either way, at least you know. Waiting without knowing when the wait will stop- that is just so hard! I have heard from a couple of friends of mine who have adopted that it was so hard to wait. They were told that it could be 1 year or more, but it ended up only being a couple of months and when you get the call, everything happened so quick!!

I hope they find the perfect match for you soon! I totally think it's reasonable to call at the 2 week mark!

As for DH- I pretty much insisted he go "donate his sample" before he leaves on his trip. What's driving me crazy is that the Dr. won't speak about the big picture with us until he has DH's SA - so all of my thumnbs up have come from mostly the nurses and Dr. Google (but I actually look at legit research articles). We are in my FW now (CD12) so are looking to early next week to do it. Fingers crossed!

7 years ago

twwtoolong- Praying that this is your cycle and you get your BFP :-) Hopefully DH will cooperate with you and go get the testing done. I don't know why the doc won't go ahead and meet with you bc he would at least have an idea at this point what is going on especially since you've had all your testing. Hang in there, you will soon have answers and a plan. This just all seems to take forever especially when everyone around you is pregnant or carrying around there newborns:-(

7 years ago

Hi ladies-I'm been reading along but haven't had a chance to chime in. Lucky, so exciting to hear things are moving forward and I hope the thawing process is successful for both embryos!

Babybump, I can't imagine how time must be standing still for you. It's certainly a long wait but I hope the nurse is able to find a perfect fit for you guys!!

TWW, I have to agree with Babybump about the SA. The longer he waits, the longer you go without answers. You might also run the risk of your testing getting too "old" and they might want to do all the BW and US stuff AGAIN on you to make sure your results are accurate.
They won't discuss results with you (this is a universal protocol) because they need to give you a COMPREHENSIVE overview of what they see and how to proceed. They can't do that without knowing DH's side of things. I was very fortunate-DH was totally on board with testing and his thought process was better to know than not/better to be informed and know how to proceed. It was actually MY remaining testing that caused a wait for us. (we started testing in Nov and I need up conceiving around Dec. 21) All it takes is one tiny piece of the puzzle being "off" to cause problems. A friend has PCOS but if she's SLIGHTLY underweight, she doesn't ovulate. 130+ she does. Something that basic can throw conception!
AFM, I was diagnosed with PCOS and the "fix" was as simple as taking fertility pills to force ovulation.
We never got that far. I suspect doing the HSG and taking Provera to force AF (so they could do testing) reset everything and within 1.5 months I was pregnant. But it likely wouldn't have happened if we didn't move forward with testing. I'm 33 and not getting any younger; I wasn't going to waste 1+ years waiting and hoping, just to find out that it wasn't going to happen.

I hope I don't sound forceful or harsh-that is NOT my intention. I just wanted to share how simple it was to KNOW what to do. For me, I didn't have to go any further. You can't be afraid of the results-they INFORM you and help you move forward. I'm an advocate of knowing so you can move forward SOONER. I hope your DH is really open to going early March so you can both set a plan to have a baby :) Keep us posted!! XOXO

7 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for the delay in response - DH and I decided to go off the grid for the family day holiday, not due to anything anyone said on here or anything, just wanted to be to ourselves since it was right in the sweet spot of my FW!

Sarah - I totally appreciate the honest reply and I completely agree with your approach but DH doesn't feel the same time crunch as I do. So I have wrestled with how to approach this with him since we are not quite on the same page about our enthusiasm to get tested and get results. As much as I really would have liked it for him to have sucked it up and gotten in done already, I REALLY would not be happy if he was trying to make me do something I wasn't ready to do, so I am trying to be sensitve to his feelings and not put too much pressure on him without going insane myself. We are just out of my fertile window now, so we are planning early next week for his analysis. I will be sure to let you all know if/when it actually happens! lol

As for the RE business, I have had a number of friends who have gone to other clinics in my province/city and they talk to the RE every visit. It sounds like at our clinic that even when we have our tests complete, it might take over a month to get an appt to talk to the RE. I talk to a nurse every visit and have gotten my results for everything they have tested with the exception of my AMH. It would just be nice to know, I'd hate for it to be low and then have taken another 6 precious months to complete the rest of our testing thinking we have time still. We'll stick it out at our clinic for now, but I am not sure that we will stay there.

Either way, I am officially in the TWW and ya never know, maybe this was our month, we BD'd most fertile days (every other day at the end of the fertile week, as per nurses orders). We'll see what happens!

How is everyone else doing?

7 years ago

I finally heard back from our donor search nurse..she said it could be several months before we are matched with anyone. Ughhhh. I feel like I've waited several months already. This is just a rough process all around.

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump that would be awful to have to wait months, especially since you have waited this long already. Praying they find you a donor soon and you can get the process underway.

twwtoolong- how is the tww wait going? any signs or symptoms?

AFM, I will be having my FET on Friday. Praying these 2 little embryos survive the thaw and both implant.

7 years ago

babybump- that is so sucky, hopefully your wait won't be that long!

luckykap - soo soon! I hope you have a sticky bean and you finally get your BFP!

I am 7 dpo and a little crampy tonight, but nothing else besides that. I actually have a busy week at work and then am visiting with a friend this weekend - so it will keep me busy until AF is due (this time next week). DH's SA is finally booked!!! 9 am Friday, hopefully it all goes smoothly that morning - if we get this done, it's a huge win in my books! I'll keep you all posted!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo