Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

641 - 650 of 713 Replies | Last Page

babybump- I know I'll just be nervous until I get the call of how many were retrieved. Just knowing the cost and depending on someone else is so nerve wracking but my donor has donated twice before and also did a frozen batch so I think I can relax a bit. They will call me after each of her appointments and let me know how many follicles and sizes so I guess that's good. It'll be like I'm going through it lol minus physically going to appointments. Did you start your bcp yet? Mine didn't do bcp, just started me on lupron but said if the donor starts before me they will have to put her on bcp. I'm just ready for this to happen. I really think if I would get a negative this time I would be even more devastated than with my own eggs, but I'm being POSITIVE and know it's going to happen :-)

6 years ago

They actually told me to wait until the next cycle, so we've got another "free" month. Doesn't make much of a difference here, can't try naturally anyway and don't want to go through an IUI again and have it fail. So now we just wait!

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies,
I just thought I would check in on how everyone is doing!

Babybump- enjoy the break, sometimes it's nice to not have such a busy schedule with Dr's appt!

Lucky- how are things progressing for you? I have a good friend who just had their transfer from a donor and is in the 12 day wait- I am so excited for them and hopefully you too!

As for me, we were on a bit of a break (from seeking treatment, not trying). It turned out to be just as well though as I had a breast cancer scare. My GP found a lump on my annual, which has since been checked out and is clear (thank god), but that was a long week and a bit between finding it, testing and waiting for the results. I am also in the last week of my semester and am just coasting on fumes. I will submit my grades tomorrow and then start to enjoy my two months off by getting ready to move! lol

Hope all is well!

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- I'm glad everything turned out ok. That would have been a long scary week. Hopefully you will be able to relax when your semester is over and enjoy your break.

AFM, my donor starts her meds tomorrow. I'm so excited, this is really happening now. My transfer will probably be July 9, 10 or 11. I've been taking lupron shots for 3 weeks and will add estrogen tomorrow. My donor will have her first US appt Tuesday and they will call me after each appt to let me know how things are progressing. I'm so ready :-)

6 years ago

Yay Lucky! I am so glad the ball is officially rolling, so to speak! It's getting so close now! Keep us posted!

I was trying to not freak out too much about everything last week, but it didn't realize how much I was stressed about it until we got the call and got the all clear! lol

I have just started my vacay today and am just thrilled! I think I slept for about 10 hours lastnight! lol

6 years ago

How is it going for everyone? Lucky, what step are you at!?

Hey Babybump!
How are things for you two? Any news regarding when you will be starting with your donor? I just had a close friend get a positive beta using donor eggs and a surrogate! My fingers are crossed that you will be seeing a BFP soon too!

I am 12-13 dpo today (not 100% sure, didn't bother to use opk's this month). Yesterday was my birthday and I took a cheapie in the afternoon for the sake of it (and to see if I could have a glass of wine with supper). There may have been a faint line, but nothing that I would show DH (still didn't have the glass of wine). If AF doesn't show her face tomm than I'll take another Wed morning. Only things we did diff this month is that I am taking vitex, that I was a lot more active (not having to commute 3+ hours a day) and my TSH is below 2 (1.76). We have been so busy lately that the past couple of weeks have flown by, but the last 24 have been brutal for symptom spotting!

Lucky, how are things going? You must be in the thick of it by now!

6 years ago

Hi ladies!

I am having my embryo transfer tomorrow! I am so excited its finally here. Hopefully by this time next week I can test and have a positive hpt for the first time ever :-)

babybump- are you getting close to your donor cycle? I remember you saying you were going to start bcps to get your cycles synced, have you done that yet?

twwtoolong- I'm praying AF stays away and you get that bfp. Maybe all you needed was to be done with the school year for the summer. It will be nice if you get it naturally.

6 years ago

We have officially started syncing! She will start stims mid August and the transfer will hopefully be at the end of that.

Let us know how your beta goes, it's so close!

I will. I'm hoping I get good news tomorrow and have some embryos to freeze as well. I had 11 on day 3 so we will see how many tomorrow. I'm going to transfer 2.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo