Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

531 - 540 of 713 Replies | Last Page

babybump-I hope they find a match sooner for you guys and you can get the process started :)

lucky-my fingers are crossed for you!! I hope all goes well Friday and you have one or two little sticky beans!!

tww-that's great news about the SA. Hope everything goes well for you guys too!

7 years ago

Been quiet around here, how is everything going with everyone?

Not much to update on here. They said it would be a few months to find a donor so it's been quiet. I made an appointment at another fertility clinic to have generally the same tests done and just get a second opinion I guess, but not much will change I'm sure. I go for my consultation with him on April 4.

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- maybe that clinic will have their own database of donors that you could choose from.

AFM, my FET failed as well and doc said probably the only way I will carry my own child and have a live birth is with donor eggs. So, once I figure out how to get the funds that the way I'm going. I've already been looking at donors on the database so just need funding and I can proceed. I'm going to try one more IUI just to ease my mind this next cycle and give my eggs one last try. I'm emotionally drained.

7 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Babybump - I think it's great to get a second opinion and Luckykap is right, it might provide a second route for donor options as well.

Luckykap - I am soooo sorry that your FET didn't work. I can totally appreciate wanting to still do something before getting into donor eggs.

I actually have a close friend (who I have mentioned here before). After many years of treatment 2 failed IVF cycles and assocaited FET's, she discovered she had endometrial lining issues (a lot of scar tissue, similar to asherman's syndrome). She had a couple of surgeries to remove it, but they weren't succesful. They actually had decided to move on to adoption, but then a friend offered to be a gestational carrier. So she did 2 more back to back IVF cycles but none of her embryos made it to freeze. So now, they are in the process of organizing donor eggs, with their gestational carrier to try. It's absolutely amazing the science we have now to start a family!

ASF, we were all geared up for the SA two weeks ago and the morning of (we were collecting at home), I was "helping" with the situation and ....WE MISSED THE CUP!!!! ARGGHHHHHH!

It ended up being a good thing, as I had a mini meltdown and laid out all my frustrations about this whole infertility business. I don't think he really understood how hard it's been as I've been trying to not dwell on it in the day to day. So despite still not having any answers, we are at least on the same page now and are in a musch better place. DH was travelling the week after that happened and I was travelling this past weekend and we are in my FW window this week/weekend, so we are waiting for the start of my next cycle to do his analysis and finally get an appt with the Dr.

This cycle has been really odd though, I was using opk's as we care not cycle monitoring this month, and I got a strong positive on cd 10, which is super early for me. I was pretty dehydrated at the time (had to teach for 5 hours and didn't have any water with me that day), so maybe it was a false positive. I tested again yesterday and it was close to being postive but the control line was a little darker than the test line. I'll test again today and see what happens (typically I get a positive on day 12-13).

Hope you ladies are hanging in there!

7 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I thought I would drop by and see how everyone was doing.

I had a weird experience this weekend. We are moving the beginning of June and so I am in cleaning mode to get rid of everything that we don't want to pack and move. When I was cleaning out the bathroom cupboards I found a first response test that I had taken in the fall and had just put back in the box (we had company and they didn't know we were ttcing so I didn't want to put them in the garbage). When I was checking to see if had been one that I already had taken there was definitely a line there. Do you know if evaps are common on a first repsonse test? I know it's one that I took super early in the morning before work and checked it right away and never looked at it again. I've never really seen a second line before (other than BAD evaps on the cheapies that I have posted on here).

I didn't know how to process it. If it's legit, I don't know whether to be happy because something almost stuck, or be sad because we had a chemical and didn't know it. Maybe I am reading far too much into it. What are your experiences with first response early response tests?

7 years ago

It definitely sounds like an evap line especially that long after the fact. They said after like 20 minutes you can't even rely on it to be a real line or not - you could always test again just to see and check within 5-10 minutes!

Lucky I'm so sorry to hear about your transfer. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, it's been a crazy couple of weeks here work wise and baby stuff has (luckily) been the last thing on my mind. What are your next plans going to be? Try to get the funding?

I emailed our donor search nurse yesterday telling her we are willing to change our donor preferences if that would speed up the search and find us someone sooner, she said she would look back through the pool and see if there was anyone we would be happy with. So hopefully we have one chosen this week! We've already waited 2 months though so I feel like it won't be that much, but the fact it sounds like we might actually have an option soon gives me hope. We just want a baby, so we will probably take whoever they find no matter what.

7 years ago • Post starter

Thanks babybump - it was actually one from a while ago (had many cycles since). I know I had checked it at 3 min, didn't really see anything, put it back in the foil and in the box and then just didn't look back and got on with my day. I only looked at it again this weekend (months later). I had never had an evap on a first response before so thought I might have missed something (aka. clinging to the possible hope that we might have at least had something almost stick).

I am so excited for you though! That is awesome - there is just entirely too much waiting in this tccing business. My fingers are crossed that you find someone very soon!!!

7 years ago

Babybump- I hope they find you a donor soon. We get to choose our own donors so I've been looking through our database. I decided to give my eggs one more try with one more IUI and will then work on funding for donor if need be. I had the doc increase my doseages of injections so I have 4 eggs to work with which gives me a little more hope. I'm going for my IUI today so hopefully this is all it will take and some of these eggs fertilize.

7 years ago

Well just had IUI #9 so hopefully this is the magical one. Hoping the little swimmers find at least 1 out of the 4 targets. Now for a long tww.

7 years ago

Fingers crossed for you Lucky!!

Babybump, I think it's great that y'all are open to a wider pool of donors...I hope the nurse finds a match soon!

AFM, I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow! I've felt really good and the fatigue from the 1st trimester (my only real symptom) is essentially gone (still enjoying some extra sleep ). We got the results from our Informed Pregnancy Screen and the Family Prep Screen (we opted for ALL genetic screening to make sure baby was healthy!). Everything looks great and we found out baby is a GIRL! We were really surprised and I thought for sure the baby was a boy! We are beyond excited-the most important thing for us is that she's healthy!!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo