Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

611 - 620 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Well periodically today I kept having a sharp pinch on my lower right abdomen - the side that had the 3 biggest follicles. Hopefully thats a good sign for 5dpiui! Trying not to read too much into it just in case.

twwtoolong - Did you make it to your beta?! How did it go??

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi all!!

Oh, babybump, that sounds really promising!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

6 years ago

Aw babybump - that sounds like a good sign!!! I'll keep checking for updates!

I was debating whether to go in for a beta yesterday morning (it's drop in for bloodwork only and there is never a long wait), but I had taken another test first thing and it looked negative. Sure enough about 9am I started getting AF cramps and sure enough AF showed up about 30 min later. So, I am kind of glad I didn't bother to go in. Yesterday would have been 15 dpo though, that's the longest luteal phase I have ever had, so hopefully a good sign that the increase in my thyroid medication and all the supplements I have been taking have helped.

Where we go from here - I have no idea. DH has gotten so busy with work, which has been awesome for him (so much of our lives have been focused around my career for the past 10 years), but it's hard to fit fertility treatment into that. I think I just need to take a break from it all and focus on my health. I lost about 25 lbs last summer and could still stand to lose another 15-20, so that is going to be my goal for the next couple of months while we see where DH's career takes him.

I'll keep checking in on y'all, babybump, I really hope this is your month!!!

6 years ago

Hi!

We're in the same boat!! BFN after BFN makes me miserable and my DH is miserable because I am miserable. It doesn't need to be like this. We can support each other and rely less on DH because, let's be honest, they don't understand why we obsess.

Anyways, I am currently at 10 dpo and cd26! My DH and I have been TTC since last May, but just started using OPKs and BBT charting (http://i68.tinypic.com/23i78k2.png) since this cycle which started on April 30.

I got a positive OPK and I think my chart looks good, but I am not really sure. I am really fatigued, had a crazy bad headache yesterday, and have twinges and pulling in my uterus (I am really optimistic this time)

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for all of you hopeful ladies on here <3

Love,
Nat

6 years ago

Good luck Lillywonka, hopefully this will be your cycle.

babybump- any symptoms yet?

twwtoolong- I'm sorry AF arrived. Its so disappointing when this happens. Hopefully while you are relaxing this summer your body will decide its time for a baby. Good luck on the weight loss, it sounds like a good goal.

AFM, I start the Lupron next Friday for my DE cycle. I am so excited and can't believe its actually here. I really have my hopes up and feel really good about this. I'm praying I will finally get a 5 day transfer and have some frosties for siblings :-)

6 years ago

tww I'm sorry about all that :( Sometimes time is just not on our side. I hope y'all are able to figure something out! Unfortunately after ttc that long it may be impossible to happen "naturally", but maybe it's just the right combination of meds? I wish your RE would focus on you and do some testing to figure out the issues.

Lucky - I WISH I could stop symptom spotting lol There have been enough I'm keeping a little list of what dpiui stuff is happening, but I'm also chalking it up to it could be all the hormones in my body kind of balancing back out.

I finally got a negative HPT today which means the trigger shot is out of my system and any bfp from here on out will be legit. After that pinching on 5dpiui - on 6dpiui I woke up at like 3am to some cramping that stopped about 5 min later. Then this morning (8dpiui) I had this tightness/pulling feeling in my lower abdomen and about 3-4 hours after that some mild cramps started that haven't let up. It feels like day 2-3 of AF cramps, not painful just noticeable and uncomfortable at times. I'm HOPING thats all good signs, but like I said it could just be hormones.

I leave for Disney on Sunday and my official test/late day is Wednesday so hopefully we can get an early BFP by Sunday and know to stay off rollercoasters or else I'm going to be obsessing!

babybump its so hard not to symptom spot lol. I would have cramps at times and one time had a tiny tiny spot of blood and thought this is definitely my cycle. Now I wonder if I have the cramps each month during the luteal phase and just never paid attention lol. Praying hard that this is your cycle and you won't need the donor. Hopefully the surgery did the trick :-)

6 years ago

Well I cramped all day yesterday so hubs told me to test today (9dpiui and 11dp trigger shot). I tested out the trigger yesterday and got my first BFN, well on today's SMU if you squint really hard you can see the second line. So I don't know if its a legit or just the remnants of the trigger (probably the latter). I can always still attribute the symptoms to the new hormone meds and my body getting back to normal. Sigh..I'll keep testing and see if the line gets darker or disappears completely again!

EEK!! Keep us posted....so hard to know yet, but fingers crossed...keep testing and hopefully by next Wednesday/Thursday, you'll know for sure!! :)

6 years ago

Sorry I have missed all the traffic ladies!!

Lucky - it's so awesome that your donor's cycle is about to start! I am so excited for you. I feel like you have been waiting so long that this has got to be it for you!

Babybump - those symptoms sound so promising! I really hope this is it for you guys!!!

I may call the Dr. to see if he will review my file with me with the intention of talking about fertility preservation. Obviously DH is not wanting to go that route right now, but my eggs are only gonna decline in quality, so if it's not outrageously expensive, I might go that route. I do keep trying to tell myself that the world is not over at 35 and lots of women get naturally pregnant at this age (I did have 16 antral follicles on my last CD3 US, which is a pretty happy zone for my age).

I actually had a good chat with my mom recently too. We hadn't really shared our struggles ttcing with my parents as there's been a lot going for them right now, but my mom was telling me about old childhood friends of ours who the younger sibling was the surrogate for the older sibling. It seemed like a good opening to talk about whether or not that might be us someday and she told me that she it took her 2.5-3 years to get pregnant with both my sister and I. So maybe there is hope for me yet.

So all things natural are on the table, thinking about starting acupuncture and Vitex next cycle. I am eating a more high protein, moderate fat, moderate carb diet (there seems to be some good research out there about high protein and healthy fats helping with fertility) and have gotten back to a more regular exercise routine. Even if I can lose 10 lbs, I am back in normal BMI range. I am also going to try and eliminate caffeine altogether. This has been a struggle for me, I absolutely love coffee. I have cut it back since ttc to 1 maybe 2 a day, but I am going to make the switch to decaf (which still has some caffeine) and then try to get off it all together.

I am so hoping to see some BFP's on here soon ladies!!!

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo