Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 713 Replies | Last Page

twwtoolong- your never out until AF decides to show up. I don't see anything on todays, but like I said, I can't ever see the lines unless they are bright and right in front of me lol.

7 years ago

Yeah I'm with luckykap, If it's anything its a major major squinter and I am really bad at seeing those and when I do see them I think I just imagine them! But don't count yourself out!

7 years ago • Post starter

Well, AF decided to show up this afternoon. So yesterday was definitely evap (its actually much more pronounced in person). That has happened twice for me with those cheapies, but I guess that is what you get when you buy 50 opk's and 20 hpts for like $30! lol

I bought Co-Q 10 (vitamin supplement) and started taking it today. It's supposed to help with egg quality, so i figured it couldn't hurt given that I am 35. We will definitely use preseed this cycle (I tend to not be a bit scant on the fertile cm side of things). Other than that, I am looking forward to the holidays, we'll know by the time we travel to be with our families whether this upcoming cycle will have worked.

Onward and upward, I guess....

7 years ago

Tww- here's to another cycle. I'm 37 and have poor egg quality per the embryologist after my last IVF so I've been taking supplements to hopefully improve egg quality. I take several different ones they recommend so if you want to know about any others just let me know. I'm hoping to see benefits from them come January.

7 years ago

luckykap - I am totally all ears if you have others that you know of!
The only other one that I have heard of is DHEA. I have read some research indicating it might be beneficial but the research is not as clear in terms of its benefits and there is some indications that it might intefere with hormone signalling, so I am hestitant to use it when I am not cycle monitoring.

My AMH results is the only one we don't have on me yet. Although my FSH is fine and not too high, so I am hoping DOR is not a problem for us yet. Anything I can do to keep 'em in good shape, I am open to!
:)

7 years ago

twwtoolong- here is the list of supplements I take: coq10- up to 800mg daily, myo inositol- 2 g twice daily ( I take ovasitol), omega 3 fatty acid- 1000 mg daily, vitamin C-500 mg twice daily, vitamin E -200 IU daily, pycnogenol- 100mg daily, L arginine-1000 mg twice daily, and I added melatonin on my own 3 mg at bed time because I don't sleep well anyway and read it could help fertility so I thought what the heck lol. Of all the supplements listed they said the coq10 is considered the most important so if I didn't take them all at least take that but I decided to go ahead and try them all if it will potentially improve egg quality. Its expensive but since I've already spent and arm and leg on IVF I figured I might as well go all out lol. I started taking them in October so by the time of my retrieval will be about 3 months and that's the time frame I read it takes to improve eggs so just praying these will pay off :-) My fsh is good at 6.1 but my amh was low at .7. I'm going to have my bloodwork drawn again in mid December so will be curious if the supplements will have any effect on them. I asked my RE about DHEA and he said he wouldn't recommend it but I have read it helped a lot of people with egg quality and quantity. Also read that before taking it have levels checked because don't want to have too much of it. As much as I have been tempted to take it, I am listening to my RE and not doing so.

7 years ago

Wow Luckykap - that is alot! How do you have room for food! lol
I thought I had a handful each day between my synthroid, prenat, B12 (I am deficient), 3 Vit D (3x 1000iu) and now the Co-Q10!

Are you taking all those on top of a reg prenat or no?

I only took 400mg of the Co-Q10 (I have heard that is the minimum), perhaps I'll take 2 tomorrow. I actually found a prenat that had omega 3 already in it - figured one less pill daily would be nice, but it only has 500mg though- perhaps I should look at supplementing more.

I have heard of myo-inositol and L-arginine before, but I have never seen it here on the shelf in Canada. Are you able to find them in person (I live near Buffalo, so it would be possible to drive over to look if you do), or do you order them online?

I actually have "It starts with an Egg" as an audiobook and listened to it a while ago. The regiment you taking reminds me of the key supplements she wrote about. At this point since DH is still not ready to go full out with the fertility treatment route- I figure I might as well do everything I can to give us our best shot naturally. Thank you - you are a wealth of knowledge!

7 years ago

Twwtoolong I definitely have no room for breakfast lol. I still take a prenatal vitamin and I also take caltrate that has d3. I've been taking 800mg of coq10 daily but I got the more bioavailable form ubiquinol so I think I'm going to back down my dose to 400 or 600. I got my L arginine at GNC which you can find online as well through GNC and I got my ovasitol online through theralogix.com. I hope this helps. I have a friend who went to a holistic doctor after a failed IVF and she took some of these supplements along with others and got pregnant naturally so it can happen:-)

7 years ago

Hi ladies...it sounds like everyone has been busy! TWW, so sorry to hear about your cousin and your student who has issues. I have a terrible student this year-I swear he's a sociopath and has ODD...he's only 6 though so slightly easier to handle. He's the type of kid you'll see on the news in like, 8 years who was arrested for shooting up a 711 or something. YIKES

No major update here....I finished Provera about 2 days ago and am now waiting for AF. Dr. said it could be up to 2 weeks...I'm hoping AF shows up soon though and CD 3 is either this coming Wed or Fri since I'll be off for the Thanksgiving holiday haha!!

7 years ago

Sarah- What will be next after AF decides to show up? Will you go to the meds this next cycle?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo