Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

581 - 590 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Thank you for your prayers luckykap!

Yeah- so not impressed. Our meeting with the Dr. is at the end of the month. Other than my thyroid being out of whack they haven't said anything to me. We'll see - fingers crossed - trying not to be too over the top hopeful giving how bad my TSH was at the beginning of the cycle!

6 years ago

I am 9 or 10 dpo. Im trying to wait until Saturday to test. BFNs are hard to see. I have been cramping on off since 5dpo. Past 2 days I have been getting dizzy when standing up and really dizzy, off balance, feeling at night. I feel full in my lower abdomen like AF is going to start but Im not due til Sunday. Ive been peeing more this AM. Im trying not to get my hopes up and just staying busy to avoid poas and seeing a bfn. best of luck to all of you!!!

6 years ago

Hi ladies- just wanted to drop a note to say I am thinking of you all. Mother's Day was really difficult for me last year- I expect the same this year but made plans to keep myself busy in the garden this year. Take care of yourselves!

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- it is so hard. I'm going to try and keep busy in my yard as well. I just keep telling myself I can celebrate it next year. I'm praying that we are all celebrating it next year :-)

6 years ago

Thanks twwtoolong! I was already venting to someone else today about all of the stupid mother's day posts I've seen on Facebook all day, it's affecting me more this year than it did last year. Then I heard something on the radio today about how today is "biological mother's day" which means they celebrate all the women who have biological children being raised by someone else through adoption or something...that just seems like a really shitty thing and really frustrated me too. I just kept thinking if I do these donor eggs then technically she will be the biological mother and she doesn't deserve any recognition for that in my book. if I carry it and raise it, that makes me the mom, why give her a mother credit? Ugh. It just upset me a lot.

As for you clinic - what did you decide? I stick to what I said earlier and say switch! Some of the things they've told you are very weird for a DOCTOR to recommend. The fact that you've been trying as long as you have and they are still not pushing some real tests is concerning. It's downright rude and a waste of your time.

I've got my appointment on Monday to check follicles for the IUI. Looks like it will be happening Tuesday or Wednesday (my birthday) so I'm taking that as a sign. I don't have high hopes of it working, but it's my last ditch effort because on my next AF I'll start BC pills again and sync up with my donor for August.

*edit*

And to add about the clinics - even when they're super busy, my RE sees me within 15 minutes of arrival and it's like every single nurse remembers me and is extremely friendly. Even if they're just pretending and taking notes on my chart to remind themselves, its still nice and gives a personable feel.

6 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- I think the birthday IUI is a great sign. Praying this is all you needed and you get that little one :-) I feel good about this for you especially after the surgery. I'm trying to avoid all social media lol. I looked last week for the first time in months and top post were 2 pregnancy announcements. Sent me over so not doing that again. I need to live in a vacuum right now, I find myself more at peace lol.

6 years ago

That's probably the best idea - just avoid it all!

I'm hoping the surgery was the trick! It's possible the endo was causing all of the problems and maybe IVF was just a bad medicine protocol. I've also been taking Pregnitude the past couple of weeks which is supposed to help with egg quality, it's basically just an extra boost of folic acid.

All I know is it's not a 0% chance, so it's worth the shot! It will also only cost $650 since we can't buy the package that does 3 shots at it due to donor scheduling, we get the "cheap" one and done deal. So for $650 we just had to give it a shot..I mean it could save 20k in the end!

Exactly, it's definitely worth it. When I did my 9th one I knew it was a really low chance but still a chance. Now since I've got my donor I'm excited and have so much more hope. I hope I don't have my hopes up too high but I'm banking on having several embryos high quality embryos and even frosties for future children. Will you do the PGS testing? I'm not planning on it.

6 years ago

We decided against it. The donor is supposed to be screened for major abnormalities anyway and hubs doesn't have any hereditary we're really worried about, so it would just be a giant fluke if something happened. But we also just want a baby so bad, that even if an embryo is bad quality and doesn't implant, we're going to keep putting every single embryo in that we get until one is successful so no point in testing them if it's just a numbers game.

Although we did ask if we could do gender selection with PGS testing and they said no. We don't really care what gender we get, but if we have a preference we DO have one. lol Oh well, infertile people can't be picky!

I feel the same way. I want to use every embryo I get and whatever I am blessed with I will love no matter what. I would be able to know if it's a boy or girl, but I want one of each so that wouldn't matter to me. I would love a girl first since all the rest the grandchildren are boys but I'll take whichever :-)

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo