Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

571 - 580 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Babybump- how exciting, I hope this is it for you. How many vials do you have available? The one thing I wish I would have done is tried 2 vials, I used just one each time. Are you going to do over the counter opks? The IUIs are a breeze, just feels like a routine Pap, except there is a little cramping when they put the sperm in, at least I had some. The surgery you had last month could be all you needed. That would be awesome!

6 years ago

We should have 7 vials for IUI left and 2 or 3 for IVF which will be used with the donor. So if thats an option I may say put in as much as they need to! haha

Yeah they went ahead and generalized it around when I normally get a positive OPK but I will be testing on my own just to make sure. They wanted to do it day 11 but since thats a sunday they pushed it to day 12. Here's hoping!

How does it work? They just shoot the sperm in and you sit there for a few minutes? Then 2 weeks later Im guessing I can do a normal HPT since there aren't really hormones in my system to mess it up right?

6 years ago • Post starter

Yeah, ask about 2 vials. They will probably say there's no evidence of it helping, but I know people who have gotten pregnant with 2 vials. I never did it bc donor sperm is expensive lol.
They just put the speculum in then use a catheter type syringe to reach the uterus and then just shoot them in. On some of mine I felt them going in. Then I laid for 10 minutes and went on with my day. No restrictions unlike Ivf. Then in 2 weeks take hpt. On my unmonitored cycles I took opks then called Mormon of positive and went in day of or after.

6 years ago

Babybump- that is so exciting!!!! I am so hopeful that this is the answer for you two! You have been through so much!

I had my appt yesterday (CD10) and I've got one 1.3 cm follicle going - looks like it will be a long cycle this time around - last cycle I had a blazing positive on CD 10 and yesterday when I did an opk it was no where near positive.

Without giving me a diagnosis, their urgency to move to treatment has really increased. I tried to move up DH's SA (he needed to be at work earlier and it would have been more than an hour), but they didn't have an appt - we tried to re-schedule for tomorrow, so that he could just come with me, but the clinic only takes 4 SA appts on Saturdays (our location is not open Saturdays, and the other one is over an hour away so we would have to go in to the clinic to do it) - I am starting to feel like getting this SA done is like climbing Mt Olympus! So we picked a date in my tww that DH was going to take as a holiday day, so if we can't make it happen before then between his schedule and the clinics that will be the back up plan.

I am back on Saturday for another appt, likely will do the post coital either Sunday or Monday. I asked about my bloodwork and it was actually my LH that was elevated not my FSH at an 11.75 on CD3 but was back down on CD8. My body is apparently all over the place. Sorry to be such a complainer on here ladies - I appreciate you putting up with me!! I work so hard to stay positive and keep it together everywhere else that I end up just venting on here!lol

Luckykap - where are you with everything these days? I feel like we all refer to you as the fountain of knowledge, but haven't asked how things are going for you!

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- that SA seems like it's been a pain. I think it's crazy they cancelled it in the first place, it could already be done and the verdict in lol. It seems to have been such a long drawn out process for you. Praying everything works out for you and you get those answers very soon.

Babybump- I feel good about this for you. I'm excited to see if that surgery is all you needed :-) Hopefully your clinic will do the 2 vials for you (they should it's yours lol). To me it makes sense since you can't go home and top it off due to DHs sperm.

AFM, I finally picked an egg donor yesterday. Im so glad that part of this process is over. I'm planning on starting in June as long as I get the money by then. I'm feeling much better about things now, I actually have so much more hope than I've had in a long time. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up to high. I just feel like with a donor it's got to happen. I've been off work all week so not around pregnant women and it's amazing how much better I feel emotionally and mentally. I needed the break and not the daily reminders of what I can't have. I'm still trying to figure out when I can see my sister. She's now 6 months along and I still haven't seen her since Jan 4 and we live 5 min from each other. I can't believe how incredibly hard it's been :-(

6 years ago

Lucky I feel you! Its tough for my to see my SIL and her constantly growing belly, but its gotten easier to be happy for her. I still have pangs when I see her and try to avoid looking at her belly, but I just push it to the back of my mind as much as possible.

So exciting you picked a donor! What kind of things did you base your choice on? I was just texting my husband this morning about how I actually have a little faith in this IUI working and he said he thinks I'm "setting myself up for crippling depression", he thinks I get my hopes up too high for each thing that we do and then when it doesn't work I go into a deep crying can't do anything with my life stage and he doesn't want that to happen again. Says I need to keep realistic expectations of IUI and donor not working just in case. It's hard to accept that, but I hope that just some miracle works out and everything lines up

6 years ago • Post starter

I wish I would have seen her earlier in the pregnancy, because now the belly is going to definitely be there. My mom the other day said something about needing a place for the baby shower, and I lost it. I told her there is no way I can host, and I don't even know that I could be there. I passed on one two weeks ago. Its just way too hard right now. Now, if I get my bfp soon maybe it will be better, I hope!
As for setting yourself up, how can you not? I'm the exact same way as you, with my last IVF everything seemed to look good and fall into place and I actually felt good about it, but then got that negative beta and ended up crying for days and feel the same way about life :-( With this donor, I can tell you my hopes and expectations are so much higher, that if this doesn't work I think it is going to hurt much more, although I can't imagine that. Might have to admit me to psych ward at that point.
Picking the donor was so hard. The most important thing to me was education, and then I looked at characteristics. The only thing with this donor is she is 5'9 and I'm 5'2 but at least my kids will have height lol. She wasn't even on the website and my nurse called and told me about her and asked if I was interested before making her available, so I reserved her lol. It had taken me several days to pick out the 3 I was down to but then this one came along. The other 3 hadn't cycled yet and this one has, so I feel better knowing how she responds. I was thinking about you while doing this and wish they would have just picked for me lol.

6 years ago

Babybump - I don't think we would keep doing this crazy stuff if we didn't have hope that it would work! I am sure your DH just wants to protect you from potentially falling too hard, but there is nothing wrong with getting excited! Mine seems to be the opposite, he gets convinced each cycle that I am pregnant and says stuff like "you never know, you could be pregnant right now!". Perhaps there is still a very health dose of denial going on there too. lol

Luckykap - that is an awesome step and so great that you have someone that is cycled and you can feel confident in. Like I said above, you wouldn't continue to do this if you did have hope!

My fingers are crossed for both of you ladies! I can't wait to hear your updates and hope you get your BFP's soon!

6 years ago

Hi Ladies,
How is everyone doing?

I am officially 2dpo today. It's also official that my clinic is out to lunch.

I am not sure what it's like for you, but typically at my clinic my cycle monitoring appointments take 30 min for ultrasound, blood work and seeing the nurse. On Sat - it took almost 2 hours. I was at the larger clinic that is further away (the sattelite office closer to me is closed on the weekend) and they were just nutty- I waited an hour to see the nurse after bloodwork/US and all she said was that "my lining looked perfect" and that "you have a follicle growing". The only other test (besides DH's SA - he's taken a holiday day on the 19th to do it) we needed to check off the list was the post-coital test. The nurse said to book it on Monday unless I hear from them (incase I was surging). I called Sunday to check - they said go ahead for Monday. Got to the clinic Monday - they looked at my bloodwork from Sat and it was too late, I had already ovulated and the test would have been pointless - totally weird, so not organized. I am so glad I am not in a treatment cycle with them! Blah!

We BD'd the 4 days leading up to ovulation and then again lastnight (~ 24hours after ovulation) - but missed Sunday (we thought I wouldn't ovulate until Monday-Tuesday). Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- it sounds like you definitely need to switch clinics if you are going to cycle. They sound like they are all over the place. My clinic is pretty organized, I usually don't have to wait very long at all to get in and see the nurse after US/bw. Have they told you anything yet? Hopefully you get those answers very soon. Praying this is the cycle for you and you won't need to worry about a clinic :-)

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo