Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

541 - 550 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Luckykap- my fingers are crossed that you are successful this cycle! It's also awesome to have the backup plan.

Sarah28- Congrats! I hope everything continues to go smoothly! ????

AF is due soon- gonna cycle monitor again and DH will give his sample (assuming we can get our sh@! together and not miss the cup this time! Lol

Keep us posted luckykap!

7 years ago

A lot to update on! I went to the second clinic and got a second opinion and they immediately said it sounds like I have endometriosis (which Ive assumed all along) and they want to get that taken care of. Said everything they have seen of my charts and what I've said then donor eggs is probably our best option, but they're willing to try some other things first while we wait for our original clinic to find one.

AF came on Saturday, so today I am going to get a blood test and baseline ultrasound at the new clinic. I am going to get my AMH levels and find out how many eggs I have left and if they're usable. Then next week I am scheduling a laparoscopy surgery with the new clinic and they are going to go in and try to get out all of the endo and said while they are in there they will try to open my tubes up (it depends on how exactly they are blocked). THEN if they are able to do that and if my results today come back with any eggs showing, I am going to try to do some cycles on chlomid or something and try naturally until our donor is ready in August.

Its very possible none of this will do anything or change anything and worst case scenario it does nothing for fertility but helps my cramps get better, but it doesn't hurt to try!

7 years ago • Post starter

Wow baby bump! That is a huge update- but with lots of hope! Getting the endo taken care of will be beneficial all around, for your comfort and will improve your chances with your own and with donor eggs. I hope it all goes smoothly!

We were going to go back to the clinic this cycle- but AF showed up earlier than I thought and I just could make the timing work with my work schedule (I had 8 am classes on almost all the monitoring days and the clinic is over an hour from my work and they couldn't guarantee I would get the 6:30 app teach time). My semester is done as of next week, so we will go in then and get the rest of the testing done. In the mean time my cycle has gotten a little weird, I ovulated on cd 11 last cycle (hence the early AF) and I got a positive opk yesterday and think I felt ovulation late lastnight (again cd 11). I am wondering if it's the co q10. Other than that we are trying Zestica this cycle- kinda like preseed but is supposed to additionally help motility.I figured it couldn't hurt since we don't have DH's numbers yet. We actually really like the texture, sometimes I find lube can be sticky feeling but this one is really velvety.
We BD'd 5x in the 4 days leading up to ovulating lastnight and once again since. Hopefully we'll find time again tonight and call it a good college try this month!
Keep us posted on how things go baby bump!

7 years ago

Anyone else having a hard time with all the pictures of your friends adorable kids flooding fb/instagram?

7 years ago

Twwtoolong- I wasn't even going to go to Easter today but all the family with kids went the other way so I'm safe lol. I haven't been on FB for 4 months bc I can't handle the babies. When my sister posted they were expecting last month I got an email and it ruined my day:-( this is so darn hard to handle and now having to go the donor route is making it a little more difficult. So hard to process all of this but I know it's my best chance. Trying to decide if I'm going to use frozen donor eggs or do a fresh cycle.

7 years ago

I've seen 2 easter baby announcements already, ugh.

We got a picture of our donor last week. Well, a baby/young picture, she looks about 3 or 4 in it. I see a few facial similarities so I think she'll be a good choice. My husband also finished chemo on Thursday (I can't believe I've been with y'all through an entire cancer journey with this baby making stuff...it feels like this has been my life for so many years already.). My laparoscopy is scheduled for Wednesday but we found out from his doctor that his sperm isn't going to be good enough to use for at least 6 months - and thats if it even comes back at all. So we won't be able to try over the summer before the donor like we thought.

I'm still having emotional breakdowns whenever the topic gets brought up without me expecting it. Or if I just sit and think about it too long. It's a tough thing to grieve your fertility..its hard. I especially hate all the effing waiting. One decision means weeks of wait, another decision means another few weeks. Its just a lot of sitting and waiting for specific things to happen, I'm going mad.

Babybump- I'm right there with you, I'm definitely going mad. I've found a few donors and have a saline infused sonogram Tuesday and going to talk with donor nurse. I've picked some that have already cycled so they can tell me how many eggs they've retrieved each time. The only thing stopping me from a may cycle is trying to figure out finances :-(
How are you holding up through everything? I still haven't been able to see my sister since January and she's due in August. I still cry daily, I'm just ready to be pregnant :-)

7 years ago

Thats awesome you were able to find some choices so fast! About how much is your clinic charging for a donor cycle if you don't mind my asking?

They gave us our donor's history. She's donated 3 times before and each time they got 1st: 30 eggs/19 fertilized, 2nd: 26 eggs/14 fertilized, 3rd: 20 eggs/19 fertilized. They also got a single, twins, and triplets. So there are 6 successful babies out there with this donor, the only way we could muck it up is if my husband's sperm was affected by the cancer pre-chemo and isn't able to fertilize. If that's the case then we're out completely.

Babybump do you still have some frozen vials? Hopefully that's all you need. That's awesome how many eggs and how many fertilized. Those are such good numbers. My clinic charges 28,000 and that will cover everything but they also have a shared risk program and one would cost 24,000 and I would have to still pay donor fees, meds, insurance, etc and the other is 36,000 and it covers everything except meds and both give 2 fresh cycles and unlimited FET until I get pregnant and after 2 cycles if not pregnant then get 100% back. So I think I'm going to try and find enough money to do one of the shared risk. I'm excited knowing my chances increase. Last year with fresh pregnancy rate 81% and frozen 56% so I'm excited!

7 years ago

The fact you would get a money back guarantee of sorts is awesome! Thats exactly what I would be working towards if that was an option!

We do have some vials left, I think we're down to 7. I'm kind of jumping between clinics so if they are able to open my tubes at the new clinic I'll have to go back to my original clinic and do IUI with the frozen sperm over the summer. Thats about the only way we can give me one more shot before August. But we were hoping we could try naturally with open tubes and maybe chlomid or something to get eggs ready since that would all be mostly free. We'll see what they're able to do in the surgery though!

I get my ovarian assessment and numbers on Wednesday which will also tell us if I'm even usable or not. Everything points to no so far

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo