Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

621 - 630 of 713 Replies | Last Page

twwtoolong- Thank you! I pray so hard that this is going to be the cycle and get that BFP! It's amazing how my mood has changed since the cycle is really here. I can't wait! I'm trying to not be to excited, but I think its too late for that.
I think that's a good idea to freeze eggs. I wish I would have thought about that when I was younger. I learn everything the hard way lol.

Babybump- how was the hpt this morning? Praying you got your two lines :-)

6 years ago

Blegh I did not, so it was definitely still trigger remnants yesterday.

Twwtoolong I've heard that freezing un fertilized eggs gets a very low return on what un freezes successfully, REs usually advice against it for that reason. May be something to ask about! Actually if your RE says you should without having either of you tested to know what the underlying issues are I wouldn't trust them at all.

6 years ago • Post starter

Darn it babybump. Its still a little early for you though. Will you test in Disney, or will you just test before you go and if you don't start test when you get back?

About the eggs, I actually looked into doing frozen vs fresh at one point and the percent pregnancy at my clinic last year was 56% out of 18 couples that used frozen. I asked about certain batches of frozen and out of a batch of 10 there were 3 eggs that didn't survive the thaw. Its all such a big gamble. Fresh was 91% with PGS testing and 81% without so I decided to go that route.

6 years ago

Yeah fresh is definitely better for non-fertilized! I had asked about fertilizing half and freezing the other half from a 2nd ivf just in case it is cancer sperm being the problem and wait for fresh sperm, and my RE about had an aneurysm like nooooo don't freeze your unfertilized eggs. It would actually make them even MORE difficult to fertilize if there were even any to survive the thaw

lucky- I am so happy to hear that you are excited! You deserve it! I really feel like this could be it for you!

babybump- I am sorry to hear it was a BFN this morning - how many dpiui are you now? hopefully it's just a little too early to tell! My fingers are so crossed for you!

As for the egg freezing thing, it is not something that my RE has talked about (so no need to RUN just yet - lol). It's something I know they offer as a service and thought it might be worth talking about since we are not ready to go down the treatment route right now, but am afraid that I will have less to work with if/when the time comes. DH actually said "now you're talking!" when I brought up the idea. I appreciate there are better success rates with fresh, but I think your rates with frozen really depend on the quality of the cryo-preservation techniques of the clinic (that is one thing that my clinic is good at). Anyways, it was just something I thought would be worth asking about and would be a way to talk to the RE without DH's tests being completed, so review at least where I am at. It also will I think give me some peace of mind while we are still trying on our own.

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- I think it's a great idea. I would have done this when I was younger had I thought about it, darn career lol. With the new freezing technique, the odds are much better and survival rate has improved. The couple from the batch I asked about did conceive. My RE actually brought up egg freezing to me before my first Ivf. At least you would know you have some younger eggs to work with when your ready. Would give you some peace of mind. I say go for it :-)

6 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Just thought I would check in - babybump have you tested?
lucky - any updates?

Looks like I am back in my fertile window again, had heaps of EWCM for the first time in months. I am hoping that means that some of my diet changes and supplements are doing what they are supposed to!

6 years ago

Hi ladies,

Twwtoolong that sounds like a good sign. A friend had 2 failed ivfs then decided to just change her diet and take some supplements and if she got pregnant she did and if not she already had a child, and after 4 months she got pregnant naturally. It's crazy how little tweaks can make a difference.

Babybump still praying you get that bfp:-)

AFM, nothing new, I start my lupron shots Friday. I'm so excited and ready for this :-)

6 years ago

That's encouraging to hear luckykap!

It's starting so soon for you- that is super exciting!

6 years ago

15dpiui and nothing. No signs of AF and all bfns so I guess AF is just taking a longer time to come. I'll have to post more later, still on vacay! Just giving an update :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo