Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 713 Replies | Last Page

@Sarah- hopefully it's a sign of a BFP and not AF! I honestly have no idea what is up with me this cycle- hubby actually said maybe I am pregnant on Wed when I couldn't eat supper (it is rare for me to not have an appetite). We did it 7 times in the 4 days leading up to ovulation- so maybe we caught one this time! Fingers and legs crossed!

7 years ago

twwtoolong-I hope so too!!!

That would be so exciting if you are!!!

I really haven't had any symptoms...strangely I've needed less sleep and had a bit more energy. I've been going to bed around 11 and am wide awake by 5 or so! Soooo...can I count that as a symptom hahahaha!!

Excited about *hopefully* testing on Sunday :)

My in-laws will be coming in town at the end of September and I would looooooove to be able to share some news in person :) My hub's sister is 8 years older, so my niece is 20 and nephew is 16...I'm sure they'd be thrilled to be grandparents to little ones again :)

7 years ago

I really haven't had any symptoms...strangely I've needed less sleep and had a bit more energy. I've been going to bed around 11 and am wide awake by 5 or so! Soooo...can I count that as a symptom hahahaha!!

My in-laws will be coming in town at the end of September and I would looooooove to be able to share some news in person :) My hub's sister is 8 years older, so my niece is 20 and nephew is 16...I'm sure they'd be thrilled to be grandparents to little ones again :)

7 years ago

7 years ago

I wanted to share my story with you ladies as I was very recently on the same BFP mission each and every month.
My hubby and I were trying aka "not preventing" since October 2015. It was only around November/December where I actually started planning BD around suspected OV Days. In January, after reading and studying all these forum pages, reading the TCOYF book did I start to chart my temperature and check CM and CF as well as use OPKS.

January and February ended up being a bust, because I lost my mother. Needless to say stress was on the rise those months. Once March hit, I was back on the game, doing what I studied to be "THE WAY" to get pregnant. I did it for about two months March, April, to the tee...and my results were the same...BFN.

At this point... I was seriously feeling hopeless, and so I started May charting a bit, but as time went on... I gave up completely. My husband and I decided to get a puppy, after talking about it for so long, and in a blink of an eye, we had a new little one to care for. We ended up taking a "staycation". I admit taking 3 random OPKs during the month when I thought I would be ovulating, and all were negative.

Here is the good part... so CD26 rolls around and I'm feeling these pains in my lowe abdomen. I'm thinking... Ahh maybe I'm ovulating late. So I take an OPK...and its positive. I think consciously to myself..ok.. make sure to BD tonight. I ended up missing the chance here...the next day, I take another OPK to see....and I'm positive...again... So at his point I'm like... this is REALLY strange why is it positive? Since I had a package of internet cheapies...I decided...why don't I take a pregnancy test. I read online that sometimes OPKS show as positive when youre actually pregnant. So I went ahead took the pregnancy test and patiently waited to see my BFN - that one line I was so used to. To my surprise...as I waited, I slowly saw a second line appear. My heart sank.

NO....WAY.

I quickly asked mmy hubby to confirm the appearance of a second line... He was confused wondering, what it meant...and when it finally kicked in. We were both overjoyed...and totally caught my surprise.

My point to the story is ...

This was the one month that I wasn't at work during my OV/Post OV time to stalk these forums, to symptom spot every little thing...the One month that I didn't track a thing.... the one month I just didn't give a s***... and like everyone's advice to me was "just let it happen, stop obsessing".... It happened...

So ladies, don't forget to keep having fun, let loose and really enjoy the process! And listen to the advice when people tell you to stop "obsessing". I've been there, its hard...but focus it on something else, and it will happen.

It still feels absolutely surreal for us.

I truly hope that you're all blessed with such a unexplainable miracle.

<3

7 years ago

Well a second round of cramps came and AF arrived in full force..so today is officially CD 1 again :(

vbabes - I know i've heard it happens as soon as you stop thinking about it, honestly I've had a couple of months in here where it's been the last thing on my mind just because I've had other things going on, so I don't think that works for me. Even this month I didn't track anything, didn't even know what day I ovulated, just BD'd a few times and enjoyed my vacation time and it still led to a BFN, so I don't know what else to do. We already have enough animals, I don't think we want a puppy lol

7 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry babybump89 :( I'm likely out this month too (I'll find out tomorrow!), so we'll stick together through this next cycle. It sounds like this was a tougher month for you, with the spotting and unusual start to AF. Our bodies can really be tricky to understand sometimes. This is cycle 2 of being "natural" (off bc, etc.) and while I'm noticing subtle things about my body, it's hard to determine if they mean anything.

vbabes, thanks for sharing your success story and congratulations!! I do think that works for some, but not for all women. It IS easy to be consumed by TTC. However for many, it's not about the obsession but about trying to collect data and get in tune with our bodies. I'm 32 and have "time" but we would like to have more than one, so sometimes (for me) there is a feeling of urgency. I'm a researcher-I like to track what I can for 2 reasons: 1. i think it's absolutely fascinating and 2. if we TTC for a year without conceiving, I want to have stats I can share with my doctor to figure out the next steps in this process.

In doing these things, I come to this site and to this discussion thread because I seek advice and camaraderie with other women going through the same thing. It's not to obsess over every twinge in my body, but to seek advice and opinions. I've already become actual friends with some women on here-incredible women whom I would have never met otherwise. And I'm so thankful for that. I can't wait to celebrate when these ladies post their BFPs :)

All, let's stay positive, happy and healthy and know that it won't be long before we have exciting news to share

7 years ago

Well ladies- AF showed up today- I still had nausea after breakfast but shortly after that I started. I'm trying to not be too disappointed but time is really not on my side and I don't have a lot of hope for this upcoming cycle since we will be at my in laws pretty much my entire fertile window which means I'll be the big 35 yrs before we are trying again. Blah - I was really hopeful this month!
Deep breath and try again I guess...

7 years ago

I'm sorry tww :( Seems it wasn't a good month for any of us, and now we all get to wollow on AF together.

Are you trying anything new this month? We only used preseed one time and I think I missed ovulation when we did because I was so focused on that doctor visit. I'm not going to do any opks, just do those 8,10,12, and 14 days the doctor said with some preseed. Hopefully a full month of no work is enough stress-free for it to happen, but I'm starting to lose hope.

7 years ago • Post starter

I don't think I am going to bother to try anything new- I doubt we'll have much time to actually BD this cycle- literally my fertile days are from the 22-27, those are the exact date that we are staying with my DH's parents. I am thinking of trying preseed in July- it's it that expensive and can't hurt!
Totally in a funk - I am sure it'll turn it around tomm!
How are things for you Sarah?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo