Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Alibaba-congrats!! That def looks positive!!!

This is our year ladies!!!!

So I told DH last night and he was SO surprised and excited. I think we are both still in shock too!!!

My 2nd beta was 3438-more than double-YAY!!!!!

7 years ago

Hooray!! Hope I see other good news on here soon too!

I'm suddenly worried after getting excited, then doing reading, That it is a false positive which people seem to have got with dipping tap water with this brand. Never used this brand before... hope it's not just a BIG FAT FAKE.

It is a clear pink line though. Uh. Anticipation !

7 years ago

twwtoolong- this thread is starting to get those bfps so our time has to be coming :-) hopefully you will be the next to see double lines!
I had another US and BW today and I have 3 follicles between 17-20, 6 follies between 10-13 and then some smaller that probably won't catch up and my estrogen is up to 1781. I definitely felt much better after todays appt than I did after Tuesday. I will go back Sat for another US and BW and will probably trigger Saturday or Sunday :-) I'm praying that the quality of these eggs are much better than the last cycle.

7 years ago

Luckykap I said the same thing - this board is turning lucky!

Congrats alibaba!! What an amazing feeling!

And twwtoolong I'm hoping so hard yours is a squinter!

Y'all are making me want to poas! 2 months of bc pills doesn't necessarily mean a bfn right?

Sorry for the short post, busy day! Will try to post and respond more later tonight or tomorrow! But I'm reading EVERYTHING

7 years ago • Post starter

Somebody was telling me last nigh (before I tested) that the spring is the most likely time to conceive... something to do with the moon. Lol. So I think we all have a good chance!! Best wishes for your follicles! X

7 years ago

Well all the past springs didn't seem to affect me any, so lets hope this one jumps in with some luck.

Took my last bc pill last night, so its straight IVF meds now! 6 more days until my cycle start appointment where they should have me start my my stim meds. I already feel like a whale so that better mean I've got a lot of eggs being produced in there for them to take!

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for the radio silence - I got totally laid flat with a cold on Friday and barely made it through the 5 hours of teaching I had to do today!

Sarah - those numbers are awesome! Congrats again!

Alibaba-how are things? ave you gone in to your Dr. to get a beta test done yet?

Luckykap - I hope your apt yesterday was more positive news! Those are some nice size follies!

Babybump - yeah for no more bc!!! not too long now!

Unfortunately for me AF showed up on Friday, but, still counting it in the win category as it was a full 27 day cycle. If I were to monitor this cycle I would have had to travel an hour each way on Sunday for my CD 3 US and I just didn't have it in me. So the plan is to get DH's sperm analyzed this month and take it from there. Only 5 days til my FW opens up yet again! Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

I had a hard conversation with a student today. He and his girlfriend accidentally got pregnant and she is now talking about possiibly having an abortion. These are not the easiest conversations to have at the best of times, but it definitely felt like salt in the wound today. Not sure exactly how to process that one, it just felt very unfair that the universe would pick people who are not ready to have kids over ones like us, who have been working so hard and want them so bad. (just a note that I teach at a college so this is a student in their mid 20's, not a teenager).

Keep us posted on how things are going luckykap and babybump! I want more BFP's on here!

7 years ago

Twwtoolong- that had to be a difficult conversation. It is so hard to understand why people who aren't ready for kids get pregnant so easy and people who want them have trouble. I wouldn't have made it through that conversation.

As for me, I have my retrieval tomorrow but this cycle is going to be a freeze all cycle due to high progesterone levels. I'm praying for a good number of healthy mature eggs that all fertilize and make it to freeze. I'm concerned bc last time I had 4 mature and only 2 fertilized so none to freeze. It's going to be a few nerve wracking days but I still feel good about the cycle, will just have to wait a month to get that bfp :-)

7 years ago

Thanks luckykap - I really had to completely disengage and go into teacher mode to get through it. I told him to talk to the counselling services we had on staff. I honestly think it would have been harder if it were a female student in that situation that had come to talk to me. Small blessings I guess!

I am sending lots of fertilizing, cell dividing, blast creating vibes your way luckykap!

7 years ago

Had my appointment this morning! They did an ultrasound and a practice transfer and said it all is perfect and exactly where they need it to be, so they don't foresee any issues!

I'll be starting 150 units of Menopur in the am and 300 units of Follistim in the pm. I think I'm going to go with 4am/4pm just because I know I will always be home at those times to give it, and it has to be pretty exact.

They kept telling me today is the most excited they've seen me yet, I just couldn't stop smiling I was so happy to be starting the process so intensely! I go again in 5 days to make sure eggs are growing, but they said not to expect to see anything just yet and it may be next Thursday before we can get a count on anything. Retrieval won't be next week, but will be the week after that. Still aiming for the 30th pending I respond correctly to all the stim meds!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo