Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

631 - 640 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Babybump - you are not out until AF shows up! Maybe implantation was just a little later! Can you go in and get a beta from your Dr at any point? I am still holding on hope for you!!!

luckykap- I believe you started shots lastnight! I am praying this is it for you!

6 years ago

I did start my shots :-) I've never been so excited to stick myself. Now I just need to start AF this next week and we'll be ready to go. I'm so ready to get this bfp. Haven't had this much hope in a long time.

6 years ago

hahahaha - so funny the things we get excited about in this whole ttc world! I couldn't believe how excited I was to have really noticeable EWCM!

It's so awesome to hear how positive you are feeling! I really think that will help the next few weeks to fly by!

6 years ago

Well AF showed up on 16dpiui with a vengeance. I didn't have high hopes for the IUI working, but I had a little. I'm glad I rode all the roller coasters and "expectant mothers shouldn't ride" rides otherwise I would be kicking myself now for depriving myself of fun.

I sent my clinic a message, should be starting BC pills today or sometime soon to sync up with my donor for August

6 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- sorry the witch arrived. Hopefully these next 2 months fly by for you and you get your donor cycle underway. I don't know how you feel about it, but I have so much more hope and am expecting a bfp :-)

6 years ago

Babybump - I am so sorry that AF showed up and so late! That just sucks!

Luckykap - I am so happy you are still feeling so hopeful! My fingers are crossed for you!

As for me, my cousin and closest friend since childhood called last night and tell me that she is pregnant. For the most part I have been really able to separate my sadness about my issues conceiving from my happiness for my friends being pregnant. Not to say that I am not over the moon for them, but they were so chill about it, I didn't even know that she was off birth control and am pretty sure she doesn't even know what an opk is! She knows that we have been trying for over 3 years but I haven't really talked to her about going to the RE,etc. When I got off the phone I was absolutely gutted. Told DH and he just doesn't get it. I was starting to regain some hope that we could do this, but I feel like I've been totally spun into the 'what's the point' head space.

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- It is so hard to see everyone around you get what you want so badly. Even though you are happy for them the sadness just takes over after a certain amount of time. Hang in there, it's going to happen. Are you still planning on taking a break this summer? Or moving forward with RE?
AFM, My sisters baby shower is next week and there is no way I'm going to be able to go, I couldn't hold it together and I don't want to make a fool out of myself. It's just something I'm going to have to live with and hopefully she understands.

6 years ago

Thanks lucky- I have had time to digest it and I am super excited for them. We are pretty close and we used to say that we would have kids at the same time, so it's just been hard to wrap my head around it.

I can not blame you for not going to your sisters baby shower. I think sometimes its better to stay home if you aren't up for it than trying to push through. It's almost like I feel like I am dragging others down too!

We are still planning on taking "a break" for the summer, but just from the RE. We can reassess at that point and if DH is still not ready for medical intervention than I am absolutely going to talk to the RE about freezing my eggs. I just think it would give me piece of mind to know that there is a backup. In the mean time, I am completely off coffee (only a cup of green tea in the morning) and am working out regularly, so I am hoping to drop the last few pounds. I am also thinking about doing acupuncture next cycle (if this one doesn't turn out), just so I feel like I am making some progress! lol

Anyway, I am 3-4 dpo (didn't take opk's this month so am just going off CM and the pinching I typically feel with ovulation), We BD'd 5 times in my fertile window, so ya never know maybe we still caught one this month!

How you doing? How are the meds going?

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- I think freezing your eggs is a good idea and I definitely would have had I thought about it years ago. That way when you and DH are ready for medical intervention (praying for you that its not needed) you will have some younger eggs :-)

My shots are going well. I'm just taking 20 units of Lupron at night. The only thing is that it gives me a headache but the shots themselves are easy because its a small needle lol. I'm still waiting on AF to show up, which should be in the next couple days then I will get my baseline and hopefully my donors AF shows up just after mine. They want me to start first. I'm hoping she will be able to start injections next week :-) It makes me nervous to depend on someone else to take daily injections, I like to be in control lol.

6 years ago

Lucky I am the same way! I'm like "Uh..is someone going to monitor this girl every day and make sure she's injecting and that it's correct??". But mine has donated 3 times already with great results, so I feel like she knows what she's doing. Heck, she has more experience with it than me at this point.

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo