Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

591 - 600 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,
I left the post lastnight thinking you might see it today, but I am so glad you both got my message. I am waiting for the weather to warm up and then my garden is getting the full spring overhaul that it needs!

babybump - I totally agree regarding the clinic, you actually hit the nail on the head - I actually haven't seen the Dr. since my first visit before testing. All of my interactions have been with the nurses (they even did my pap and saline sonogram). I am in the tww and my beta is scheduled for next Monday (22nd). We are going to try and book a review after DH's test on Friday just to see what the actual Dr. has to say about it all (since we've paid for a bunch of the extra tests, but haven't actually gotten the results yet), but that might be it for that clinic.

Also, I can't believe that a radio station would single out only biological mothers.....were they trying to acknowledge those who had loses or maybe had their children adopted? That just seems like an idea gone wrong!

Anyways, enough of that depressing stuff- I am so excited for you! I think your IUI chances sound pretty darn good right now - will be thinking of you this week!!!! :)

Luckykap- I hope you are right! I remember thinking last year that hopefully it was the last one, but here's hoping this one is the last one without a little one for all of us.

6 years ago

How did yesterday go for everyone else? I was on and off social media all day and regretted it every time. Took until about 4pm to see a pregnancy announcement so not as bad as I thought in that sense.

Question for you lucky - how is a pregnancy confirmed with IUI? Do you take HPTS or do they do beta like with IVF? And around when do they do that for you? I've been offered a trip to Disney for my CD days 25-31 and thats RIGHT when I would be finding out for sure. Just wondering if maybe they would take a beta the day before or something because if it works I don't want to chance a trip!

6 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- I just used hpts with my IUIs and did it 2 weeks after IUI. Do you know when yours will be yet? Good luck, praying this is all you need.

AFM, I've been staying off of social media and just stayed home yesterday. Just praying next year I'll be celebrating but I've been saying that for a couple years now.

6 years ago

I go this afternoon to look at follicles and find out when to trigger!

So they didn't do a beta, its treated just like a natural thing basically?

Yep, no beta at my clinic but I've read some ladies have had betas. Will you be taking progesterone. When I got my negative hpt I just stopped the progesterone and then AF arrived.

6 years ago

They haven't mentioned it to me, but I do have it all leftover from the IVF session. I guess I'll find out later today what the protocol is for everything.

Got the go to trigger tonight! 4 follicles, 2 of them are between 19/20, one is around 17, and then the last is like 11 so we won't count that one. Hopefully they have some usable eggs in them and one meets with the swimmers!

IUI is officially set for my birthday Wednesday morning - taking that as another good sign!

Those sound promising. Sounds like you have 3 that could possibly meet the swimmers :-) I had 4 last time and would have gladly accepted multiples :-) I think it's a good sign that the IUI is on your birthday, what an awesome present this would be! Good luck!

Will you be taking progesterone suppositories? If so, be prepared they are super messy lol.

6 years ago

babybump - I am loving the sound of this cycle!!! That's awesome! My fingers are cross that you get your BFP this time - it sounds like you have really responded well this cycle! Wishing you all the good IUI juju and babydust in the world!

I am proud to say that I survived yesterday with only one brief weepy moment - I was on and off social media too, I actually didn't see an annoucement until this morning (had my defenses down a little by then, so that one stung a little). AF due on Sun, so might test Sat or Sun morning - beta is on Monday if it doesn't show up. That is one thing that I will say that my clinic will do, they schedule you for a beta even when you cycle monitor with them.

6 years ago

twwtoolong- your halfway through the tww wait :-) hopefully AF will not show for you and you get that bfp! Praying for both of you ladies and you get those BFPs. Hopefully I wont be too far behind.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo