Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

341 - 350 of 713 Replies | Last Page

lol baby bump I felt the same way. Couldn't wait for AF to show up and just one more to be excited for then things can begin. Keep me posted, I'm excited for you.

7 years ago

Hi Ladies!
Back again and caught up on everyone! It's been a week - my cousin passed away. She had CF and had spent a couple of months in hospital after contracting pneumonia- she had actually only been released for a couple of days when we got the word. So it's been sad, but she really wasn't having great quality of life, so perhaps it was for the best. Scary student also showed up again this week- he's a really bizarre case, he has the intelligence to know and understand that what he is doing is inappropriate but completely lacks the impulse control to deal with his issues.

Sarah - welcome back! It sounds like you are well on your way! I hope your DH's results are great and you can move forward quickly!
Babybump- I can't believe I am saying the, but I am so happy that AF showed! Lol. I have had AF start in a really similar way before- lots of creamy pink tinged cm- but then also started the following day. That was before I started levothyroxine though- haven't had any symptoms outside the ordinary since taking it.
Lucky- I am happy to hear you are a cycle closer as well!

Outside that- I am 11 dpo today, nothing out of the ordinary really symptom wise. AF is due to show up Sunday- I am not sure that I will bother testing until after its late- since I started cycle monitoring with the clinic - I have always had a 13 day luteal phase so I am pretty confident about when AF will show up. We didn't actually monitor much this month- I only took 2 opks- got a string positive on cd 13 - we had bd'd that day and the two days prior to it. Other than that - we've just been overwhelmed with life! Lol

7 years ago

Tww- glad your back. Sorry to hear about your cousin. How scary that the kid is back :-/ is he in your class? Praying you get that BFP this month :-) it seems like it's been awhile since anyone has had a positive.

7 years ago

twwtoolong - I cant believe he came back! What was his reasoning? Surely he's not in your class anymore...

AF officially stuck around this time so I called the clnic yesterday and they FINALLY got back to me this morning. They are calling in the BC pills and said for right now just be taking the active pills - so 3 weeks, then when the placebo pills come in go immediately into the next pack of 3 active weeks. So..does that mean no AF?

She also said she would work on my calendar today for a January IVF. Said it would take her a few hours probably, but she would call back this afternoon sometime and we would go over all of the dates of when things would be happening. She asked if there was any day in December that WOULDN'T work for me because they need to be as accurately close to the calendar she makes as possible, so I said no so December will be when I go in for the Doctor visit, but she didn't say why. She realized she hadn't told me a lot of details yet and apologized for that, she said it was because we were so unsure at what might be happening with chemo she wanted to wait until we had started that and then made a firm decision, which makes sense.

So it's happening! She said she would be in very close contact throughout the whole process so can't wait to hear my calendar plan!

7 years ago • Post starter

Baby bump- I'm so excited, I'll have a January IVF buddy lol. Wonder why your doing 6 weeks of bcp. You won't have a period between since your staying on the active pills. I will just do three weeks and then start the meds :-) so exciting it's rolling for you.

7 years ago

Well I like that idea!! haha yay January IVF buddies! She did say I would be taking 4 days off the pills at some point, she would let me know those dates when she calls back with my calendar.

I'm pretty excited by it all! I hope this leads to bfp's for both of us with it!

I'm sad to say with the chemo, hubs isn't feeling too great (chemo kind of sucks.) so we havent BD'd in awhile and I dont see it happening much until he's back to normal. He's just so exhausted and sick and in so much pain, its too much effort for him (lol). But having the BC pills is a good thought for if it does happen because having a chemo baby is very very very bad, so this will help ensure that won't happen!

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump- praying dh starts to feel better soon. If you do go off the pills you will probably start your period then. I usually start a couple days after going off of them. I don't have everything timed out yet, my nurse will do that in December when I start. I'm thinking I will begin my meds around first week in January, I'm excited and have been for the last month and a half lol. Hope the next month goes just as fast.

7 years ago

Thank you Babybump - I am so excited for you and luckykap - it will be so nice to have each other! It will be great for you to have the plan in hand, it's always great when there is a plan and you can feel the forward motion. I am so hoping your DH will hang in there and feels better soon. You have such an amazing positive outlook on everything, given all that's going on!

As for scary student - he's intellegent enough to know what is appropriate and what's not, but has difficulty with impusle control. So is very clear when talking about some things, but will then talk about the voices in his head that we doesn't have the ablility to control. Unfortunately, his assigned counsellor at the college was off this week, so it's not a good situation! I have dealt with a number of student issues in my career, but nothing compares to this.

I am hoping we get a BFP this month, but after so many times of trying with no success, I never get my hopes up too high. The only kinda symptom I have been experiencing is breast tenderness, but I can get that with AF from time to time, so who knows! We'll know this weekend I guess! If things do not work out for the next couple of cycles for us, then we will be back at the fertility clinic in Jan as well.

7 years ago

Ok ladies - I took a test this morning. I wasn't planning on it but we got invited out to dinner for tonight and wanted to see if I could enjoy a glass of wine with dinner after these past two weeks, or if I should still avoid. I am 12 dpo and all I had in the house was internet cheapies (only 25 miu/ml, so not super sensitive). Do I have line eyes, or is there a faint line there (http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test611849)?
I might get an FRER and test again before we go out. Here's hoping!

7 years ago

Good Morning Twwtoolong! I see a line on the bottom one and possibly a super faint line on top, but I'm terrible at these as I can rarely see the lines lol. So don't go by what I see lol. Hopefully this is the cycle and that is a BFP :-) good luck and keep us posted

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo