Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 713 Replies | Last Page

I agree, I live in 2 week increments lol..I'm just ready for the BFP!!!!!!

7 years ago

Wow- luckykap21-it sounds like you have been through a lot! My fingers are crossed that you get bfp soon!!! I am a little afraid of what will happen next for us- when talking about before DH and I really didn't feel that we wanted to go the IVF route- but the more time that goes on the more we want a little bundle of joy- so who knows!

7 years ago

twwtoolong- it's just been a long year. I feel really good about these next 4-5 weeks though!

7 years ago

Luckykap21 - My fingers are crossed for you! I may have more questions for you after I get back from my appt on Friday! We'll see!
Keep us posted on how you are doing!
How is everyone else? Hanging in there with the tww?

7 years ago

I'm finally done wallowing so thats good! I'm at 6dpo and have no symptoms, so I'm trying to just assume its because its too early to have anything. My back has been hurting a bit, but I also have chronic back pain that flares up occasionally so it could be that OR a symptom, but thats the only thing happening!

I counted my hpts today, I have 3 cheapies and 2 FRER so my poas addiction will actually have to wait closer to test time this time!

7 years ago • Post starter

@Babybump89 - I was totally doing the dollar store cheapies for a while but the last time I used their OPK's I was just using one a day and missed a clear positive OPK. Given our track record so far, I figured I would just break down and get a box of internet cheapies. I think it was $30 for 50 OPKs plus 20 early pregnancy test (10 mg HcG). Up to this point, I have not been too much of a poas fanatic- but now that I have so many, it's going to be hard to resist! I started trying the opk's far to early. When I used the dollar store opk's last winter, I was around cd 15 for ovulation but I still started using the opk's at like cd 9 this month! lol - it turned out that I likely ovulated on cd 13 (had a barely postive - test same colour as the control - in the evening of cd11, then a strong positive - test darker than control- early afternoon on cd 12 and by the evening of cd 12 it was negative). It was so cool to actually see how quickly the LH levels changed. By the morning of cd 13 - there was barely a test line!

I am actually pretty excited that I am ovulating earlier. I only have 26-27 day cycles and was concerned that my luteal phase was too short for a little bean to stick and stay stuck!

In the meantime, I have 20 preg tests there that are just calling my name! I am one day behind you - so today is only 6dpo. Too early to test, but thought I would on Friday morning before heading to the fertility clinic. It will be 10 dpo on Friday and af is due 13-14 dpo, so a little early but worth a shot!

I have been pretty good at not obsessing lately, but since I found out that our appointment is so soon, it's been so hard not too (I thought it would take over a month to get an appointment and it ended up being only 10 days).

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better! Fingers crossed that you get a little miracle this month - you only need one of his little guys to reach your egg!

7 years ago

Hi ladies, I'm jumping back on here after what feels like forever! I'm excited to see that everyone is moving forward and feeling positive about getting more information/testing, using FertilAid, etc. I'm officially in TTC cycle #3 :( I was SO good this past cycle NOT obsessing or tracking...I only did opks in my FW :) It was kind of refreshing.

Last cycle in the TWW I had NO AF symptoms (I've ALWAYS had cramps and lower back pain the day before AF). AF was supposed to show last Sunday....no AF but LOTS of EWCM (which I've never had the day of or around AF). Monday...nothing. By Tuesday afternoon, I was trying not to be too hopeful but I've NEVER been late so I was a little excited. All BFNs on hpts. Well, AF showed Tuesday night with no warning. I was honestly so sad and found out the next morning that my brother (5 years younger than me) and his wife are expecting and due in February. I LOST IT. I probably cried for about an hour. It sounds weird, but I feel like there's almost a grieving process each "failed" month.

I'm finding that it isn't necessarily that I want to be pregnant RIGHT THIS MINUTE, but it's more about knowing I CAN get pregnant.

My FW starts next week (Tues-Sun) and I'm hoping we can get a lot of bd'ing in, especially with the holiday weekend ;-)

Good luck to all in the TWW....my fingers are crossed for you!!

7 years ago

@SarahS28 - It's so tough when you feel like you've been trying so hard and you feel like people are announcing that their pregnant every two minutes. I am at the age where I am being lapped now and have friends annoucing thier second pregnancy since we started trying. I haven't had any close family members annouce that they are pregnant though - so I can't imagine what that must feel like. Hugs lady.

I am not sure how old you are but if you are under 30 - you are very likely to conceive within 6 month (i think it's like 90% probability) and it's like 99% chance you will concieve by 1 yr of trying! So hopefully you will get your bundle really soon!!!!

The chances aren't as great when you get older (like me at 35). If you feel deep down that you think that something might be wrong- most Dr's won't refer you to a fertility clinic if you are under 35 unless you've been trying for a year - so perhaps you started trying a little earlier ;). If you are 35+, than they will refer you after 6 months of trying. I struggle a lot with the question of whether we are actually even able to get pregnant. I was practicing just being patient- but it's been such a long time since we have been off birth control and then actively tracking and trying that we have to take 'control' (as much as I can) and get the full work up.

Stay positve! Keep the bding fun and with every passing cycle, you are increasing the likelihood that this cycle with be THE cycle!

7 years ago

aw twwtoolong those numbers just made me sad..I hate seeing the "under 30 you'll most likely conceive in 6 months" because I'm 27 and he's 28 and we're about to hit 1 year which isn't good..

I'm 11dpo today, AF due possibly tomorrow - definitely by Monday, and no signs of anything. Not even any pregnancy symptoms to obsess over..ugh.

7 years ago • Post starter

@babybump89 - It could just mean that you are really likely to get pregnant soon! My fingers are crossed for you! It will hopefully happen really soon for you guys! It doesn't hurt to get checked out if you are at that year mark.

We had our initial consultation yesterday with the fertility clinic - mostly just a medical and reproductive history. It was a bit odd trying to nail down how long we had been trying - unlike my GP, when I told the RE I was B12 deficient and only started supplementation last summer. He asked me how low my levels were and I told him they were 112 when I was tested. He literally responded, "Well, that will stop you from getting pregnant". That kinda made me feel better and he seemed to want to move the date of when we started trying to the date when we confirmed that my B12 was ok, which is only last October, making it really 8 viable cycles of trying (2 cycles we were travelling and in different places). Either way - assuming I am not pregnant at the moment (I am 11 dpo and had a neg test this morning with smu) - than I will be starting my investigative cycle next week.

You never know until AF shows up whether you are out of the game! Keep us posted - I am sure I will be on here a lot over the next couple of weeks while we are being tested. It's kinda nerve wracking and exciting all at once but at least we will have answers soon!

Try to stay positive - I know it's really hard!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo