Community post

Discussion

January 2018 Babies!!

View Full Post

Hi everyone, I don't believe i have seen any threads for January 2018 babies yet so i thought i would start. I am CD 3 and if i conceive this month i will be due on or about 6th January 2018. It's been a year and a half trying and one miscarriage. Hubby lives in another country so i am timing this for when i see him for Easter. I am on clomid this month plus some other supplements - I must say i feel like a science project now. I just really want this to work out this month. Trying to stay positive and hoping for the best. Supposed to ovulate between the 13th and 18th of April. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck to all of you trying to conceive this month!!

581 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

341 - 350 of 581 Replies | Last Page

OK... So here is the best info I can give about temping and OPK...

I prefer to use the OPK kits that have the smiley faces. They seem to be the easiest to use and read. You aren't trying to identify line color blah blah... to stressful! You should get 2 blinky faces before a solid smiley face. Now this is with the advanced kit. I can tell you that I get an empty circle and the day before I "O" I will get only a solid smiley face (My surge is like 12 hours... very fast) so I get no blinky ones. I start testing for ovulation at 7 days because I have been known to ovulate as early as 10 days but usually I get the surge on day 11 and release on day 11 late to early day 12. READ THE BOX FOR TESTING TIME!! Some testing is done with FMU and some with afternoon. I have heard afternoon is better but go by the package.

As for temping...
1. Same time every day
2. Need to have at least 3-4 hours of rest (why they say do it in the AM)
3. DO NOT MOVE! LoL I keep my thermometer on my nightstand and temp when my alarm goes off. I don't even lift my head up till after it beeps. SOOO crazy!
4. Take it the same time every day. SOOO important. Even a half hour or hour difference can make your temp different. if you don't get up at the same time every day. set the alarm!
5. You will have lower temps during your period and up until you ovulate, after which you will see a temp increase and will stay that way until you see the temp drop below your coverline and you get AF.
6. Implantation dips in the middle of the LP phase are normal but do NOT mean pregnancy. I get one every month and I have yet to get pregnant. Again I am in the small minority who get them consistently and are not preggo so take it at face value.
7. Did I say same time every day ha ha... its that important...Do NOT temp adjust either.

Ok this was long I'm done lol... anything else and Ill try to answer.

Jenelle

7 years ago

@nelle thank you so much for the detailed information lol. After reading I can already tell temping would stress me out so bad lol. I do have a question regarding the OPK now this may sound dumb but I am going to go for it. For the OPK do you use the same stick everyday? At what day do you start checking after period? And when you get the smiley face does that mean you are ovulating that day or day before?

PRAYING FOR OUR MIRACLE BABY

7 years ago

Ladybug... Temping can be stressful but it doesn't have to be. I use FF, glow, and kindra to keep track of my temps and other symptoms and they are all very close and accurate.

The smiley kits come with 1 main stick and 10-20 inserts. New insert every day. The line ones come like pregnancy test sticks. They say do not start testing until day CD10 but like me I test at day CD7 or CD8 because I have ovulated on day 10 or 11 before and I would have missed it. I also know when I am going to ovulate because it is the only time I get cramps. They are mild the day I would get my solid smiley and the next day when the egg is released I can barely walk LoL.

The day you get a solid smiley face it says you should O 36-48 hours after. But like I said for me my LH surge is lighting fast and within 12 hours of getting a solid smiley I've already ovulated. So as long as you are BD every other day and the couple days after you get your solid smiley you should be good.

Jenelle

7 years ago

@nelle thank you for the support I think I will try it this cycle and see what happens. Thank you again :)

7 years ago

@Ladybugs mum, so sorry hun to hear that af showed up! And all your symptoms were so promising, y our bodys playing tricks like that with us. Sorry hun, keep positive and soon you will get your long waited Sending you lods lods hugs hun!
@rampokker I saw your test, in invert I defi see something there! Fx its your ! Hopefuly tomorrow its gona be darker!

7 years ago

@nikolina thank you so much for the kind words. I am trying to not let this get to me so bad and to focus on this cycle going forward. Please let me know any updates on your end sending you back loads of

7 years ago

Ladybug I should start tomorrow so we will be right there together!!! Good to have cycle buddies!

Jenelle

7 years ago

@nelle to cycle buddies

7 years ago

I really want to test again this evening with an early response I've been holding my pee since 2 o'clock it's now 7pm....this time my husband can squint at it with me
Everybody is now gearing up for February babies! Good luck everybody
I used ovulation kits with my first 3 cycles and my ovulation date stayed the same. If I'm not pregnant I'll maybe try temping but it sounds very iffy to me. Up and down.
Was curious as to where all you ladies are from? We share our type of poop and cm so might as well get aquinted ?

7 years ago

@ram share a poop and cm I fell out reading your post. But it's true though I was just telling my husband the stuff we talk about and how some people puts up pics of their spotting and he just was like ewwww wtf. I just had to laugh. But it's 7 pm where you are??? Geesh your 5 hours ahead of me. I am in NJ it's only 2 here. I would go ahead and shoot for taking the test, at this point what is the worst that can happen right? And besides the majority of us are shooting for feb 2018 babies so we get to hang out with each other longer yippeee.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo