Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

221 - 230 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

So......it a went perfect yesterday. Little baby was doing somersaults, sucking their thumb, and all looked really good. They have dated me at 12weeks and 4 days and due day 20th Nov. So relieved. There hoematoma has also completely gone too. My kids took the news really well and are so excited to being having a new brother or sister and the rest of the family is thrilled also, and most admitted they had guessed anyway due to the size of my tummy. We officially Facebook announced last night too :)

5 years ago

@Lakarmw. I'm so glad that things went well flr with the scan, kids and Facebook. I bet you are glad it's all in the open.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA! I want to say a BIG thank you to all of you for the positive thoughts in regards to my spotting. I have not had any more since then. My OB/GYN said she noticed more blood flow to my cervix but nothing to worry about. :)

I got to see Baby on Wednesday and while I didn't hear the heartbeat, they did measure it at 146 beats per minute so I'm very happy about that! They measured baby at 7 weeks 3 days so they are keeping the original due date 12/25. Next appointment is at 13 weeks.

I finally told my best friend and she is overjoyed for me and is already helping me plan my family photo shoot to surprise the kiddos. I chose June 12 to tell my folks since I'll be exactly 12 weeks. Right after we tell the kids, My plan is to use the family photos and a letter to drop at my parents house. ( My kids are so close to my folks and I don't want them to have to stay mum about it for too long. It's not fair to them but just goes to show how nervous I am. ) I just can't tell them in person. I got anxiety bad enough telling my employer & my best friend! Ive replayed over and over how I want to write my letter and may preview it here to see what you all think and revise if needed. Kelliria, I'm so glad you mentioned how we are grown women who still worry how mom will react. I feel better knowing I'm not alone!

As for symptoms, I am having a hard time trying to drink enough water. Warning TMI: My urine still stinks so strongly at times. So far the tests at the dr came out normal but she did say drink more. I don't know why but drinking is actually off putting to me lately. I feel so short-winded just drinking as much as I can. It's just weird. Never experienced that in my other pregnancies. Any helpful tips would be nice and welcomed!

Hope you all have a wonderful week and a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to those who celebrate it!

5 years ago

@midnightrose3. Happy Mother's Day to you as well. I'm so glad the spotting stopped and that you were able to see the baby. With regards to water you could try those mia juice you just squirt in the water. As long as it doesn't have aspertane. I made the mistake of buying two boxes of single serve packets of Cryatal Lite as I too get tired of drinking normal water.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Dragonfly23 thank you, it feels very good to have it all out in the open :) feeling very happy at the moment, and bought a few neutral sleep suits for baby with the kids yesterday so they are feeling involved. My daughter keeps writing very cute letters to baby too.

Midnightrose3 I'm glad the spotting stopped and you see all was well with baby, you must feel so reassured. Maybe try carrying a small bottle of water around with you at all times and just keep sipping on it? I do that, but I find I am thirsty all of the time too.

And happy mothers days to everyone, we celebrate it here in March and was the day I got my bfp xxx

5 years ago

Good morning ladies and Happy Mother's Day. Late last night whilt messaging my girlfriend my baby was moving around a lot. About ten minutes later, I finally feel a little push by my belly button. I found this on Facebook last night and thought I'd share iymt with you first time moms and mom's having their second and so on. Had some weird baby dreams last night and wish I remembered more of it. Tomorrow morning is my doctors appointment to discuss my anxiety but after last night, I think I'm alright but I will still go see him. Have a wonderful day.

user submitted image

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Edited

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good weekend. In a few minutes is my doctors appointment so I am sure everything will go okay. Hope to hear the heartbeat on the doppler again. Been feeling more pushes so I know things are going smoothly but still have some worries at the back of my mind that just don't seem to go away even after hearing the heartbeat last Monday.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Hope your appointment goes well. I think the worry never goes away for us mum's, the worry in pregnancy never goes away, so I think you're feeling normal, I'm all ready started to worry a little about my anomaly ultrasound, that isn't until the beginning of July. Hope they listen in for baby again. Good luck :)

5 years ago

@Lakarmw. You are so right about the never worrying as it never ends. I am still worried my 2 year old daughter will kick me or do something that will hurt the baby At the last minute of the appointment I asked him if I can hear it and he said sure, hop on the table while I get the doppler and get the belly ready. Measuing on schedule with a heartbeat of 161. Still praying for a boy and I only have to wait two more weeks (May 28). My other lab tests came back normal for Spinal Bifida and I am sure the baby doesn't have down syndrome so that is a bonus. I really hope your appointment in July comes fast for you. How far along are you and have you got to hear the heartbeat?

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Edited

@midnightrose (and anyone else who experienced this), I'm 6w,6d today and for the past week I've had blood or brown tinged CM when I wipe. I wouldn't even call it spotting, but it comes with almost constant cramping and heaviness. I kept a journal last pregnancy and I didn't have any of this till much further along. On the flip side, I have no headaches, no nausea, and although I have a bloodhound nose, no smells are offensive to me. I was D-Driver/babysitter for my sister's bachelorette party on Saturday and actually cleaned up someone's vomit and it didn't bother me at all. It's downright weird compared to my last - when even brushing my teeth at 6 wks would make me throw up. *Sorry so graphic, ladies.

Anyway, I know a certain amount of low grade cramping is normal, but the brown discharge is making me nervous. I have my first U/S scan on Wed and it can't come soon enough. I need to know baby is viable.

Question - has anyone refused a pelvic? I have such an irritable cervix that sustained a bit of damage my last birth (which I think is probably influencing the spotting), so I'm refusing the pap smear and the STI swabs. I'm not due for them, had them last year and I'm in a married committed relationship. I don't mind her looking at my cervix (although still don't feel I need a pelvic) but I don't want her touching it. I'm hoping the RN I'm dealing with will respect that choice and not come down hard on me. I hate bursting into tears at the drs office when I feel like I'm getting bullied.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo