Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

131 - 140 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

Hehe that is funny! I do hope my two have good reactions, the 6 year old I'm fairly confident she suspects anyway she's very clever and I'm sure she's heard little bits, and I just know shell be happy and excited, the younger one, is anyone's guess, he's been the baby of the family for quite a while now so fingers crossed. Unfortuantly for him though he's doesn't get a choice
I bet your daughter looked adorable :) Does she understand or is she a little young yet? I think last time my daughter understood as she got towards 2 but didn't really understand all at the same time if that makes sense, she chatted about having a little baby coming but I don't think she knew what it truly meant xxx

5 years ago

@Lakermw. She just turned 2 on March 29 and I don't think she understands why mommys belly keeps getting bigger but I hope she isn't too upset when her little brother or sister comes home. I hope that when the baby starts moving more that she can feel it and hopefully that might tell her something but she is pretty smart but it takes her awhile to catch on. She has crazy legs and is always kicking and just worried that she would kick me.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Hi everyone, got my BFP yesterday 3 weeks, 5days pregnant! Live in the UK. I am 33, 34 in July. I am married to my amazing childhood sweetheart, been together 16 years now. We have a son, 7, daughter 4, and youngest daughter, 2. This baby will be our 4th & final little one.
I am so excited to be pregnant again, i am having lower backaches, a few shooting pains and cramping in uterus, other than those and exhaustion, i feel great!!

Got my first midwife appointment at 8 weeks pregnant, cant wait x

Ingi :)

5 years ago

@4thBabyforMe. Congrats. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months. I enjoyed my first pregnancy and feeling all the little kicks, pockes, and the little hiccups she always got. Hope your appointment goes well.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Hello ladies! 6 weeks tomorrow. I didn't mean to but I blurted out that I was pregnant to my "employer" ( I babysit and she's currently pregnant as well) she took the news well, her hubby not so much. My nerves are shot and was shaking ( not that anyone could tell) but I am not liking this telling people! I had planned to wait so much longer but felt she should know now than later since she has enough going on too. I'm contemplating telling my best friend who is pregnant too. I really will need the support I can get once I tell my family. Trying to hold out for June. We're currently building a house ( which hasn't really been started yet due to weather) and we live in a cabin currently with the necessities we need but it's still definitely not something anyone can relate to or understand that it's not that bad as it looks or sounds.

Sorry for venting here. My nerves are jittery and definitely in need to just breathe, trust God that everything will be ok.

5 years ago

@midnightrose3. We are all here to listen. Are you worried that your friend won't be happy for you? Not sure why the husband didn't take the news well considering that his wife is having a baby. I think he is probably concerned that he won't be able to find a good babysitter like you. I think (and I speak for myself as well) that once people know the better you /I will feel and be glad it's in the open. I just told my BFF and he was completely shocked but he is happy for me. Things will be okay. Hope the house project can get under way and as long as you have a regular toilet than an outhouse, I'd be down for a cabin with the basic necessities.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Dragonfly23:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it with me. Definitely needed some insight! I think you may be right about the husband although I'm sure he also is thinking about what happens with both of us when we are due. ( We are 4 months apart) I'm not worried about my friends reaction. I think she will be a great support. I'm more worried about my mom's reaction. It's never good at first.

We have a compost toilet in the cabin. I had never heard of it before but it actually works out well!

5 years ago

@midnightrose3. No worries. I'm here to help the best way I can. I too was afraid to tell my mom because of what she said the first time "are you keeping it?" My dad (sorry for language) gave her shit for three days straight. This time, she was calm because she noticed I was different at Easter supper and couldn't hise the belly and all the pickles I ate lol. All she asked was why I waited so long. I just told her that I didn't have my second ultrasound and wanted to make sure things were progressing well. I've never heard of the compost toilet but glafmd it works okay. Just remember that it is only temporarly and that things will get better.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Congratulations 4thbaby4me :) how exciting!
Midnightrose3 I think if you feel you'll get great support from your friend and it will help you, then you should tell her. So far we have told my mum and step dad, and my 4 sisters, it's lovely to have people to moan about when your feeling sick and tired. They all took it brilliantly as I knew they would. I know the traffic my side of the family will, hopefully my husband's will too, I'm not sure...... Hopefully we won't get asked if it was an accident being our third, that would make me angry

5 years ago

dragonfly23 and Lakarmw - your announcements sound so nice!! I will be 13 weeks the week of June 25th... I would like to announce it then because I am very open with my friends and family and keeping this is killing me inside LOL. I'm not sure what kind of announcement I want to do... my boyfriend has two kids - a 13 year old girl and a 6 (will be 7 in Nov) year old boy... I know the boy will be fine with me being pregnant, but the girl, I'm not really sure and I'm a little worried. I know no matter how she feels when we tell her once the baby comes she will be like mama number 2 to her/him! It's just getting her to that point that may be a challenge. Maybe once the baby starts kicking me and she can see it she will get excited if she isn't when we tell her.

4thBabyforMe - CONGRATS and welcome to this group of amazing women! I found out I was pregnant super early too! Right now I'm just over 5 weeks pregnant. I'll find out exact due date when I go for my ultrasound next Friday - May 11th! I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat and set my mind at ease a bit!

midnightrose3 - I think it's good you told your employer - if she is pregnant too, she may need time to find someone to help her for when you won't be around. I think that was a really nice thing to do. Why was her husband not happy about it? You are giving them PLENTY of notice!

I can't wait to tell people. I've told those I'm closest to, I told 2 of my aunts, 2 of my cousins and about 5 of my friends. After suffering through 2 miscarriages, I feel I need all the love and positive vibes and comfort from those who know me best, so that's why I told so many. I plan to tell my closest work friend when she gets back from her trip as well. I know you're not supposed to tell anyone til you're in second trimester, but I say eff it LOL. I'm gonna tell who I want, when I want and I know they'll love on me and support me through the pregnancy just like I need. And, lots of them are mamas and anything that I go through I can ask them and get answers and feel better about what I may be experiencing. Anywho - I plan to tell everyone/post on my FB the last week in June - just not sure how I want to do it... maybe make it Christmas or New Years related depending when the dr says my due date is. Like "we'll be popping a different kind of bottle in 2019" or "this Christmas we'll be receiving the best gift ever! Baby B is due to come December __!" Idk, just kinda tossing ideas around in my head and looking stuff up on Pinterest. I am just counting down the days til May 11th for my first ultrasound... I know seeing/hearing the baby's heartbeat will ease my mind like WHOA! My symptoms come and go and I'm just trying to stay relaxed and calm and do all the things I'm supposed to do til then.

Who else has a big appt/ultrasound coming up soon?

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo