Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

651 - 660 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

Dragonfly23 I think 4lb something sounds about right ???? my friend had her little boy 3 months ago, at 33 weeks and he was 4lb something, he's doing fab now, over 12lb. Hope your stroller trying went well, hehe. Sorry to hear it's getting painful to walk. I bought one of these, to help me walk further, as I kept getting a weird pain at the bottom of my tummy when I walked a long way, and this is helping me to walk over a mile a day still at almost 29 weeks so I'm pleased with that. You must be getting very excited now, not long to go at all
Neomasie I don't have a clue what we are having.....my bump looks like my son's, but I felt awful all pregnancy with him and this one I feel great, so I have no clue at all, it will be such a surprise wheb the time comes. I can't wait. Hope your constipation solution went well. Your C-Section date is my due date
Tryingafterloss I have put on loads of weight around 2 stone ???? all seem to be on my belly though. I'm measuring perfect as they think I should for my dates so all good. If you have any concerns at all, ask....although everyone's different and as long as baby is growing then they won't worry about your weight too much I don't think.
Hope everyone's had a great weekend, we are just preparing for my son starting school on Wednesday I'm going to be an emotional mess, it's bad enough normally without the pregnancy hormones too xxx

5 years ago • Edited

Here's the band a bought. Its called a maternity support belt and has a belt that goes round the bottom of my bump and a strap that goes over the top. It's brilliant and was only £5.99 xxx

user submitted image

5 years ago • Edited

@Lakarmw. Oh thank you about the weight of the baby. The stroller testing went well and she had no problems sitting in the seat. I'm kind of looking for a car seat for it but I have no idea which would work. It says it accepts Graco snug ride. I still have my other car seat that we brought my daughter in but it is a different brand. I will have to try the band out and see if it works. Here is the picture of the new stroller. It has 12 riding options.

user submitted image

User image[/url]

5 years ago

@Lakarmw how awesome that we're due date buddies! Even though mine is artificial I hope you're son has a good first day of school. How special. Hope you hold it together on the big day, mama. But it's understandable if you don't!
@tryingafterloss I have had no probelems in the weight gain dept. At almost 28 weeks I think I've gained almost 10 pounds already. Obviously mostly in the belly but a lot in the boobs, too. If your doc/midwife isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. You still have plenty of time to gain more healthy weight.

Tomorrow I'm getting steroid shots and will be again in 24 hours to help develop baby's lungs should she come early. So far everything is progressing well and there's no threat of her coming early but it's a precaution my doc wants to take since I have a history of silent dilation and preterm loss. I heard the side effects are no fun so I'm not looking fwd to it

Lil 10/28/17 User image

5 years ago • Edited

Dragonfly23 I'm glad the stroller testing went well :)
Neomasie I'll be so lucky if I don't go past my due date hehe my daughter was 2 days late and my son 7 days late.....So I'm not holding my breath for an early or ontime arrival, but my son's birthday is also 21st of November so earlier or later would actually be preferable to on time so I dont miss his birthday. Good luck with the steroids, I hoorbthe side effects aren't too bad for you
My son went off to school no problem at all, there was a few tears from me, but I wasn't too bad, I can't wait to pick him up to see how he went on xx

5 years ago

Hi, all. It has been awhile. I have been very busy lately. A few wks ago, i had to work 9 days straight at work, fly 7 hrs on the 9th day to Alabama, i deep cleaned my mamas house inside and out for 4 days (12 hrs a day moving furniture, cleaning walls, ect), came back on the 29th at 7pm, and went back to work at 5am the 30th. This is my 1st day off since i got back. Tomorrow, is another 9 days straight at work. Standing and moving 8 hrs a day has made my vericose veins HORRIBLE!
I have been doing good lately. 26wks 3d today. You all were talking about weight. I have been at a 4lb gain for almost half of my pregnancy. Started at 147 and am 151 today. I worry about my lo growing right but am ok with not gaining much weight. With my dd, i had gained about 45lbs by now!
Also, i have the hip and low pelvic pain. Mostly, a stabbing in my left hip occassionally now. I had found out it was symphysis pelvic misalignment and the chiropractor has worked wonders! The pain has almost gone. Lakarmw, i have the same belly band. Wear it every day at work and it helps tremendously. I have had it since my dd. I also walk about 10+ miles a day and i think it helps me keep from getting stiff.
I have got all baby clothes, dbl stroller, car seat with 2 bases, new baby monitor with 2 cameras, a baby carrier to strap her on me, and most xmas shopping done for both kids. A few more things like a new bed for my dd so baby can have the crib/toddler bed, and a few bottles and odds and ends. I am wore out! Lol. Just glad i can get it all done. It was way harder with dd and doing it mostly alone again is no fun either.

5 years ago • Post starter

@Kelliria - that's awesome and encouraging. I've been to the doctor and they sent me to physical therapy which helped. She actually yanked on my left leg pretty hard and realigned my pelvis - also have the symphysis pelvic misalignment with the SI joint disorder issues. Helped alot but still not walking well without a lot of pain, but at least I don't have to use a cane anymore. I'm keeping up with the PT for another week and then switching to my chiropractor for maintenance.
Still trying to get the official report/diagnosis so I can work from home. My office is like half a mile away from where we park, and the bathroom is even farther. It's just not practical anymore for me to be working there when I can do just as well at home. I guess we'll see.
Other than that, I've been doing ok. Insomnia and I haven't gained much either. Only 10lbs and that was from the first two months. Dr. seems fine with it since I'm chubby anyway.

5 years ago

@kelliria you are my spirit animal, for real. I can barely walk more than 10 minutes without hip, pelvic and back pain. Not to mention crazy intense Braxton hicks tightening. Good on you, girl!!!
Also, what kind of monitor did you get? Looking for recs.

@Lakarmw how was your sons first day of school review?

Lil 10/28/17 User image

5 years ago

Hehe sounds like you're doing amazing Kelliria, I agree with keeping busy to keep fluid, now schools restarted I'm back to my 20000 steps per day now ???? and I do feel much better for it, just hoping I can keep at it for the next 10 weeks too.
Neomasie, he had a brilliant first and second day at school, and has loved it all, so couldn't ask for better xx

5 years ago

Finally hit the 3rd tri!!! Thank you God. It's finally starting to feel real and like I'll bring my baby home.

Lil 10/28/17 User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo