Community post

Discussion

June 2018 Babies

View Full Post

TTC Group

719 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

701 - 710 of 719 Replies | Last Page

@Prayingfor1. Yea that was my test from Thursday morning. I think I only have a few more tests left then I'm out. I think for like 3 tests they were like $30-40. I went to the bathroom this morning and had what was stringy cm. DH and I got to BD yesterday and hoping to again today but we will see. Just want to cover my basis as I am not sure how many hours the egg has left. Woke up this morning and had pains in my stomach that was unusual for me. Hope you are doing well today. Will keep you updated on how things progress. I should probably stop testing with OPKs eh?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@Dragonfly23- Stringy cm could be good depending on how stringy it was. You may still be fertile. I would try again for today, if you can. I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes your way!

6 years ago

Pregnant ladies... I have a question. Has anyone experienced brown spotting? I had my vaginal exam on Monday, October 23, and the doc said I may spot from it and not to worry. I didn’t spot until Thursday though. I’ve continued to spot since Thursday. It’s mostly when I use the restroom. I’m even seeing little pieces of what looks like tissue. It has not been red and there isn’t really any major cramping. I’m just concerned this could be the beginning of a miscarriage. Anyone experiencing anything similar or have experienced anything similar in the past. On Monday, the 23rd before the spotting started, they saw a heartbeat via ultrasound and dated me at 6 weeks 5 days, making me 7 weeks 4 days today.

BFP 10/17, MMC - 11/17, IUI#1 - 4/18 BFN, IUI#2 - 5/18 BFN, IVF#1 - 6/18

6 years ago

Hi everyone!

I hope all is well! I sort of took a hiatus after last cycle was so stressful for me. We didn't really try this cycle, no idea when I ovulated, but we did BD 2-3 times during what should have been my fertile period. I have no expectations though. Just wanted to check in!

Planning to start again next cycle whenever AF shows. Probably no later than Friday! Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of pregprep? Some form of fertitily vitamins. I'm considering buying that along with the digital OPKS.

@Ruby, brown discharge should mean old blood so maybe it is from Monday? Call your Dr, just to check! Praying for you, that it is nothing & you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on anyone yet!!

6 years ago

@RUby I have seen this question so many times. Everyone says the only time you should have a vaginal exam is when your in labor to check how dilated you are. The cervix is very sensitive in pregnancy, you should be ok but I’d call your OB/midwife.

TTC #1

6 years ago

@Sweetlips- They commonly do a pelvic at the first or second OB appt. That's when they check you for chlamydia and gonorrhea and such as well as feel the size of the uterus.

@Ruby- I just had my exam on Fri but I have not had any spotting. However, I agree that brown blood is old blood so it may just be blood that has taken awhile to make its way out. Also, a friend of mine is only a few days ahead of me and she had spotting for over a week and they just did another ultrasound and the baby was perfectly fine. I would call the doctor if you are worried but I wouldn't worry unless you had red blood or heavy cramping with it.

@Ksyd94- Welcome back! I hope you are doing well. You never know what might be the time that takes so don't count yourself out yet. I am glad that you gave yourselves a break to distress about it though, that's usually when it happens.

6 years ago

@prayingfor1 This is an unnecessary practice. Unless you don’t routinely get Pap smears or you are being unfaithful it’s unnecessary to have a pelvic exam in early pregnancy. It can push bacteria towards your cervix or cause damage to your cervix. If you want to do a pelvic exam go for it, it’s ultimately your choice but look at the pros and cons for it first. What helpful information did the exam give you? Just because something is routine doesn’t mean you have to do it. Clamping the cord right after birth is routine but there are studies that show delayed cord clamping is beneficial to the baby. Having a baby in the hospital is routine but some woman choose to give birth at a birthing center or at home. All I’m saying is make sure your fully informed before making a decision. Your body your choice, which means you can say no to routine.

@Ruby I wish you all the best. I’m sure everything is fine. Especially since you saw your baby after the exam.

TTC #1

6 years ago

@Sweetlips- I don't disagree with what you are saying, however I would like to point out that unless they are also specifically testing for STI's Pap smears do not test for gonorrhea or chlamydia. Since both of those would be extremely detrimental to a baby I do not see anything wrong with being testing just to make sure. I trust my fiance completely and I know that I have never been unfaithful either so the odds of testing positive would be rare but since such infections can lay dormant for years why take the chance. I actually just had my pap done the month before I conceived but we didn't test for STI's because I wasn't concerned about the possibility, but because of the risk to my unborn baby I see a reason to have it confirmed. If I can do anything to prevent injury to my baby I will do it, I am not saying that you wouldn't, but we apparently have different views on what would cause more harm. Also, I do pride myself at looking at all of the facts before I make decisions. :)

6 years ago

@prayingfor1 testing for std’s doesn’t involve finger penetration. Infact the one time I was tested it didn’t even involve a speculum. Only a swab. Plus you can only get chlamidia and gonnerhea through sexual transmission... Regardless I know a couple people who have miscarried right after a pelvic exam. They had cramping right after and the next day they were bleeding. This is why I will be saying no to a pelvic exam if asked.

TTC #1

6 years ago

@praying and sweet lips... jumping in as i lurk a lot. :.. If i did NOT have my pelvic exam, i would have miscarried. I have a short cervix and had to have a cerclage.. multiple times. They saw that when they did internal exam and measured my cervix. Every month. They can also tell by the color of cervix if you are pregnant... And women miscarry a lot due to genetics, not just pelvicexams.. Mine was a different situation and i loved making sure the two stayed put....
Once a woman is about six weeks pregnant, or four weeks after conception, a doctor can tell if she is pregnant by doing a pelvic exam. In the pelvic exam, the doctor will check for the size of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus, and can tell by the size how far the pregnancy has developed.. Now they may not be necessary after that, but its really personal choice as well acts what's needed medically.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo