Community post

Discussion

Beyond Ready for an August Baby

View Full Post

Here is the August board...it's listed under TTC My First but I know we have many members trying for another. Wish there were more options..

719 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 719 Replies | Last Page

1st, thank you and yes it is going to be hard! :) Why do they make you wait so long for your results. The test itself usually only takes an hour. Not nice of them... but woohoo for good numbers from Wednesday!

PBC, I will miss your words of wisdom and encouragement but completely understand... I know the drs are going to get you fixed right up. Big hugs and lots of prayers to you my dear friend.

AFM, CD 2 and I am having pains like never before. UGH! Get your bad self out of here witch, I want to enjoy my weekend. I went and had the baseline u/s this morning so I am waiting on the results of that. Should know something soon. My RE is calling them now. LOL! Praying it is an all clear to go on with our treatment plan. My son has his first wrestling meet of the season on Monday so I really hope the witch is gone by then... that will be an uncomfortable evening for sure!

User Image User Image

10 years ago

@Crisit: I know... it's torture!! And thank you... And you can do it!! Fingers crossed extra hard for you!!!

10 years ago

Pbc: take care. We'll see you soon (cause this is def not goodbye) =)

10 years ago

1st, thanks! :)

My normal nurse (the one I adore) called me to tell me the results from my u/s came back and there is a 15mm cyst on my right ovary, but after reviewing it with me RE they both feel that I should go ahead with the injections. She said "as long as we know it is there we can watch it"! Sigh of relief, so then I mentioned the fact that the pre-authorization was done in advance and according to the insurance company and pharmacy it was going to take 3-5 business days. Problem is I have to start my injections in 5 days and the only pharmacy that does this med is at the hospital where my RE is which is 2 hours away. I was in complete panic mode because that would have pushed us out for this cycle.. and next cycle because of the holidays it would have to be complete before December 9th and that wouldn't have happened. :( She took it upon herself to call the insurance company and got the pre-authorization done over the phone and called me back within 10 minutes! :) So we are on for this cycle.... bring on the hormones, the hubby said he is ready because he went and bought chocolate pudding. LOL! I flipped out over pudding one time. Oops! I will be ovulating much earlier this cycle which will be new for us... I usually O CD 19 (sometimes 18) with meds. They are thinking (as long as I respond well to the injections) I will trigger CD 10-12! Praying this will be the boost we need to get a healthy egg.

Sending baby dust to you all.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Cristi: It is so weird answering in two boards...
NOT EVEN OPK??? Are they crazy??? This is like quiting smoking cold turkey, don't they know it causes stress?
Sorry you're having bad pains, I had a horrible day yesterday, but better today, overall bleeding wise this seems like a lighter cycle than usual except for the pain. I hope leaves you by Monday!
So happy your results are good, a small cyst is not an issue right?
Wow you have an amazing nurse, so nice of her to do this for you.
To an August baby !

1st: Thanks for the FX's , I hope it did not disturb you during your beta draw
Great levels!!! This is so awsome!

Wifey: I bet you are right, August sounds like a great month for a baby!
Great timing for to end before a weekend, sucks mine just started...
I am out of OPK as well, just ordered some on amazon. I like to have the extra piece of information .

ssura: Yeah at your job it will be hard to stop drinking, maybe you can drink virgin drinks without people knowing , at the office at least I can hide from people most of the day .

pbc: So sad to see you leave us
and that everything is perfect with you and you get an August baby!

AFM: CD2, going for blood work tomorrow...
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

User Image

10 years ago

Hello ladies, mind if I join along?

A little about my history: I'm 22 years old and have been married to my DH for three years. DH just turned 30! We have no children yet (unless you count those furry things ;)). We have been trying for two cycles and unfortunately AF got me today so onto the third! Oh, and no prior pregnancies.

We're both healthy and in our proper weight range, but for some reason have been unsuccessful for two cycles. If we conceive this cycle, the EDD would be mid-August. I have on-the-dot 28 day cycles and usually get my first positive OPK on CD14. I'm a newbie at this, and the past two months have been frustrating to say the least (nevermind my BF got pregnant after trying one cycle and found out a few days ago). I really enjoy CTP, and the supportive women I've met that are also going through this journey.

Looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

User Image

10 years ago

Kot, that is what I told my RE. I said "quitting smoking was easier than this is going to be". Yeah not even OPKs because they are doing the u/s and then I will trigger and with all the hormones if the opks are off just a bit we won't BD at the right time... Hubby is excited because it is 24 hours after the shot and then 12 hours after that.... he was excited about morning sex! Haha. I am not a morning person so that rarely happens! :) The cyst while is sounds small they consider it big when getting ready to do the therapy I'm doing. Anything 15mm or higher they would want to wait for it to shrink some. But she said since they know it is there, they will monitor it closely! We shall see how it goes! :) Glad the witch is slowing down for you... FX we both get our August babies!

User Image User Image

10 years ago

pbc - I'm sad to see you go, but understand why. I hope you get some time to just relax and unwind some.

cristi - how great was that nurse?! That's awesome! So happy for you. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

kotikd - sorry AF is being a bear. Hope today she lightens up and you can feel better.

Afm - well, now I'm in the dreaded TWW. We were in an all day meeting yesterday, so I didn't even have a chance to think about it, but now I'll be struggling not to obsess over every little thing. My MIL called a few days ago and told us she'll be having knee replacement surgery right before Christmas, so she wants me to do all the cooking. (We drive 15 hours down to VA and my brother in law and his family drive 7 from NC so we can have Christmas together.) I'll be cooking for 11 to 15 people, in a different kitchen and without my own things. I told her I'd do it, but then I started wondering what will happen if we got pregnant this month...I would be like 8 or 9 weeks (the way they normally count, from your last period). The dr might not allow me to travel - then what? My sister in law will be 6 months pregnant, and she's suffering from varicose veins and can't be on her feet for long. I know worrying over it won't change anything, so I just have to let it go. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

User Image

10 years ago

I have been reading the posts...

Just quiet...

Yesterday I tested, just because... Bfp

Faintest line

Only to get af this morning as scheduled. 27 day cycle.

Chemical pregnancy.

I am ok.

Happy I know I caught the egg but due to early ovulation my egg must have not been good enough for a viable pregnancy.

August here we go

DD's 5 and 6 missed miscarriage - angel baby may/2013 chemical pregnancy - november/2013 TTC#3 Me:38 DH: 56

10 years ago

I'm 7DPO today and keep thinking I'm out. I just hate to have such good vibes about the situation only to be let down in a week or so by . I really want this to work this time. Been trying for 2 years and it's hard when BD'ing only happens every 6 weeks or so.....poor DH feels helpless, but he's trying. We try to BD before O to increase our chances of a girl. We have 4 boys between the 2 of us. This month we BD'ed on what I thought to be my O day. Then 2DPO I started having severe cramps that have eased up over the past 5 days but are still present.......(worried about a cyst - have history of having them). Anyhow, I have a few increased energy bursts here and there, occasional nausea, feel like I haven't eaten (empty stomach feeling), constipation, mind thinking I urinate a little more frequently than normal, had a dream last night I gave birth to a little girl, cm was ewcm from 1DPO - 5DPO. No sore bb's. I've had af show up before after pregnancy symptoms. Praying for and a on Nov. 17th. to all!!!!

April 30, 1998 - 8lbs. 11oz, 21 inches 9 week miscarriage - March 17, 2001 May 31, 2002 - 6lbs. 15oz, 20 inches October 2, 2003 - 7lbs. 3oz, 20 1/2 inches Praying for a EDD September 29, 2014 User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo