Community post

Discussion

Private Testers Support Group Part 5!

View Full Post

Old thread got ginormous so here's a new one!

bluerose sorry about spotting hun :( At least you get to see the GYN and hopefully get a plan in place! You've been waiting too long for baby #2.

janise thanks for the response, yeah I know very little about whether HCG actually increases odds of pregnancy. Maybe I will do some googling :) How you feeling today?

Cam wow good for you finishing that run! 4 miles is a lot especially if you don't do it very often. Throwing up is never a pleasant experience though ;) But it is badass!

AFM CD 12, temps are nice and normal levels of low. My chart looks great this month, after looking horrific last month. Go figure! Getting lunch today with my newly-pregnant friend. I feel ready to see her now. FX that I don't do something embarrassing like burst into tears ;)

594 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 594 Replies | Last Page

Hey girls by the way, I found this really neat explanation of how the CBE Digitals with weeks estimator work. I decided to take mine from yesterday (because I am still testing, because I am insane) apart (which I've never done before) and see what the lines were. Based on this explanation and the three equally-dark lines, I'd say I'm pretty solid on HCG at the moment, which is a relief:

How the test works
Unlike the traditional Clearblue Pregnancy test, the new Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with
Conception Indicator contains two test strips a low sensitivity strip and a high sensitivity strip.
Inside a Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test
with Conception Indicator
Urine travels up the Absorbent Sampler and flows through the pad. If hCG is present in the urine it
will bind to anti-hCG antibodies attached to blue dye in the pad. The urine moves along both test
strips. As the hCG and anti-hCG antibodies pass through the result line zone, they bind to anti-
hCG antibodies to form blue result lines.
Both strips contain a result line; the low sensitivity strip also contains a control line. The Test
monitors the control line on the low sensitivity strip and only when a valid control line has been
detected will the result lines on both the strips be determined.
At low concentrations, hCG binds on the high sensitivity strip. At higher concentrations, hCG will also
bind to the low sensitivity strip. The concentration of hCG detected in the results lines of the two
strips determines the result of the Conception Indicator: 1-2 weeks since conception; 2-3 weeks since
conception; 3+ weeks since conception. If no hCG is present, the anti-hCG antibodies attached to
blue dye flow past the result zones on both strips, and no lines will be formed giving a Not
Pregnant result. If insufficient hCG is present, result lines may form but will be below the lowest
thresholds set, and a Not Pregnant result will be displayed.
The lines produced on the strips cannot be read by eye. Instead, an optical system is used to
measure the density of the lines. A red light shines onto these specific areas, and the light reflected
is converted into an electrical signal.

9 years ago • Post starter

@luv- I had stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and the snow crab for the main course. It was awesome. I wish it wasnt a two hour drive or I'd go more often. Thats neat about the clear blue digital. Its like those big pregnancy test cards I have seen online that measures out how much hcg you have.

Cd 31. So I guess I could say my period is one day late. But it might be another long cycle. Had some spotting yesterday. Expected af, but it stopped.Temp is up again. However I splet in the camper and it gets warm in their in the am. Might take the boat out swimming and fishing today. Maybe a round of golf (I am a horrible golfer haha).

User Image

9 years ago

Blue, that dinner sounds great!! Have fun today...

Luv, glad you're feelin better, enjoy your movies!

AFM, spotting started yesterday so CD1 for me... Called my nurse and taking a break from the Clomid until we are ready for the IUI, which I'm hoping will be September or October. Maybe a break is what I need?

9 years ago

bluerose yum, that dinner sounds epic! But wow a 2 hour drive, that is unfortunate! But at least it was a special occasion then :) I hope you have an awesome day! I have never golfed but it looks hard. So don't feel bad if you're not great at it :)

JLH oh no I'm sorry about AF :( A break from Clomid couldn't hurt! I am psyched for you to do the IUIs. If the docs are good at them they can really do the trick and not hurt much at all :)

Been checking occasionally on the CBE Digitals with dilute afternoon urine to see when it would go up to 3+, finally did today! What a relief. I know testing so much is silly but I was curious about how it would work, since I'd been drinking so much water and my blood HCG should be close to 10,000 by now. Experiments!

Luv, love your experiments and happy that you are getting great results :) So far AF is being kind, which means I will be dying tomorrow :/

9 years ago

Sorry about af cam. Wish you all the best with the next cycle hope god answers your prayers soon

Luv take good care of yourself and good luck with your pregnancy birth and new baby.

Jlh I wish you all the best too hope you get your wishes real soon.

Janise I hope it happens for you soon

Blue wish you the same as janise good luck to both of you.

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry.

I'm leaving this site now...I speak to you all and get no responses so what's the point . I honestly wish you all, all the best I hope you all get what you are longing for because I know how much your hearts ache.

Take care ladies.

Mi Amor 22/2/2013 User Image

9 years ago

@a.rich- this is the first ti e I have niticed you direct a comment at me. So that is probably why I hadn't said anything before. Not sure why I am replying to you now s7nce you are gone haha. Good luck!

@jlhart- hope you aren't dying today!

@luv- haha have you used more pregnancy tests now that you are pregnant than when you were ttc? I was shocked once when my friend told me she used three after the first positive. I was like well if its positive its positive. Why test again? But now after trying for so long I totally get the multiple tests! I would too. Lol

Cd33 I think. No more spotting yesterday. Test was negative yesterday. Didn't test today. Kind of expecting a surprise af any day.

User Image

9 years ago

Luv- Thanks for the info. I am so happy that things are moving in the right direction for you! Im praying for a sticky bean for you!

JLH- I took this month off from Clomid, and actually TTC because of timing with testing. At first I was VERY upset about it, but it has actually been kind of nice to have a break. I hope the IUI is going to work out and be just the thing to get your baby in your belly!

Blu- Yum, I LOVE crab and seafood!!!

AFM, I go back to the RE today to go over the next phase in treatment. I am also getting my annual, blah. Other than that just hanging out waiting for AF.

9 years ago

JLH I also hope you are not dying today!!

bluerose I have tested WAY more this month than I did in the previous year, LOL! Mostly just to see how things are progressing, since the docs won't do more than two betas. I am still rooting for you this month but hope if AF comes she is nice!

moll thanks! I am excited for your doc appt. Let us know what the awesome plan is! :)

AFM went for a 5-mile walk this morning despite feeling nauseous. At least my ligaments haven't hurt yet today! The nausea I can deal with. Trained one client so far and will train another in an hour. Glad my work schedule is so light lately! I'm thinking August and September are going to be lucky months on the thread here. Just a feeling :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo