Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

Lakarmw, i have a doppler but have yet to try it. I used it with my dd and kept it. We could only see tge HB at my scan so i figured I'd give it about a month before i attempt, but maybe ill try before that. That is awesome you got to hear it! It is the best feeling in the world.
Neomasie, my friend had to have one put in. She lost twins around 22wks. One delivered a few days after the 1st. Idk if it was c-section or natural. She got pregnant at 39 with her son and they decided to do it with him. She had to travel almost 2 hrs to Lexington, KY for an ama and high risk dr. She has a healthy son though!
Tryingafteraloss, sorry nausea got you. Will your dr prescribe something? My dr asked but i said not yet. Im calling today to get her to bc i had a few small bouts (not very long or bad but just uncomfortable ) and it was the weekend. I thought, why not have it on hand just in case. Lol.
Last few days i have felt really good. My energy is coming back and i cleaned house really good. Last 2 days i have even ate really good and had no headaches. (Probably where my energy came from. Lol) i have lost 7lbs due to not being able to eat. So, the weekend was a success for me!

5 years ago • Post starter

Sheriskers I'm glad your parents were excited for your news :) so exciting telling people for the first time!
Tryingafteraloss I would happily have baby on your birthday ???????? I just need to cross my legs on 21st as that's one of my little ones birthdays and I don't think they'd like to share a birthday or have both parents absent for the big day.
Kellirina I was very shocked to hear baby today, I had heard it was possible from 10 weeks or earlier but I very much doubted it and I wasn't prepared to spend hours or stick the wand into my tummy trying, especially with hoematoma they found on my last ultrasound, I just casually thought I'd give it a try, lay on my bed, put the wand gently on my lower tummy in the centre right above the pubic bone and there was babys heart beat :) I was amazed, i listened for a few mins and got the reading and that was it, an amazing sound. I do think it was pure luck and doubt I could do it again if I tried, not that I will again for a while. I'm glad you're nausea and energy levels have improved, my nausea improved around 9 weeks, and just comes over me sometimes now, my energy levels are still pretty bad though :(

5 years ago

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Last night was the worat case insomnia I have ever had. I went to bed around 9 and was still aqake by midnight. Been feeling some fluttters so I'm happy about that and my belly is huge but not sure if that was cause by me just finished eating. Other than that, things are good.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

@Kelliria i feel like for me, this stitch is the difference between life and death for my child. I really trust that once its put in, I will be home free and i'll actually get to bring my baby home this time. And thankfully the type of stitch i'm getting will hold until i'm done having kids. So it really is my saving grace and I thank God I have this opportunity. I'm very sorry to hear about your friends loss. Its crushing that most of the time cervical incompetence is only discovered after a loss. But i'm glad to hear she finally got her rainbow!

@Lakarmw how wonderful you got to hear baby on your doppler! I really want to get one for some sanity. But i worry it'l just drive me crazy if I don't immediately hear the hb. I'm leaning towards getting one, though.

Lil 10/28/17 User image

5 years ago

Hi ladies,
I'm nearly 5 wks now and up to today, I've actually felt kinda great. I found out early too at 3wks, 1 day. No fatigue. No nausea. Just sore boobs and RLS/sleep problems (but I always have those - it just gets worse during pregnancy). I even started getting a little nervous about it this weekend, so I took another pregnancy test - still blazingly positive. My EDD is Jan 1st.

Today is the first day I've felt any significant nausea. Started this morning after a sip of my one cup of coffee, and hasn't let up yet. I am drinking seltzer water and had a cheese stick to get something on my stomach. I'm at work and it's really difficult to concentrate when you want to ralph. I know it's going to get worse too - this is just the beginning, I know. I've never been partial to the 1st trimester - can't wait for the 2nd. I'm eagerly reading about all of you 8-11wkers because I can't wait for my first u/s on May 16. So happy to hear everyone's experiences. :)

5 years ago

Hi ladies! :) I hope you all had a great weekend!

Lakarmw - that's so amazing you heard the baby's hb on your doppler! I have one at home, but I won't touch it til I'm at least 9-10 weeks lol... but then I know I'll be using it at least once a week probably.

dragonfly23 - sorry about your insomnia - I'm right there with you, it's brutal! Def one of my first symptoms - that and getting up 2-3x a night to pee. Flutters! That's so exciting!!!!

neomasie good luck with your stitch! I'm so happy for all the medical things doctors can do to help us bring our babies home!

calvingirl - I swear you and I are very much alike - we both found out super early! I have very little symptoms, but did feel my first bout of nausea today.

I'm 5w1d today and I haven't had many symptoms the past couple nights, over the weekend I actually had a little scare... may be TMI, but here it goes... I went to the bathroom and my bowels had blood and mucus all around it and through it - I got really scared - called my doctor and he was almost positive it was from the progesterone cream I've been using or it's hemorroids... fun fun! I felt a little foolish, but always better to be safe than sorry and seeing blood to me is never a good sign. It has since gone away and it's all back to normal, never had any blood out of the front, just the back, so that was a good sign he said. So, that hurdle has been crossed, he told me to get fiber and take it 2-3x a day - I still need to go to the store to get some - any recommendations for a good fiber supplement? I looked at metamucil but it has phenalynaline in it and I'd rather not take that. I'm still waiting for a call back from my doctor to have my first ultrasound done - should be sometime between Friday May 11th and Tuesday, May 15th. I can't wait to see/hear the heartbeat!

5 years ago

@BB2018. Oh geez that must have been scary to see. Hope all is better with you. Constipation is a horrible thing.

Hi ladies, I'm doing this from my computer but I have a question and would like some insight. I am about to announce my pregnancy on Facebook and my one friend posted this fake one with twins and it had a lot of people commenting and congradulating her and then to find out that it was fake so I, myself was pretty upset that she would do that. Anyway, she sent me the whole post and I saved it to my phone. I took that post and tweaked it to make it my own. Now, my question is, if you didn't know I was pregnant and you saw that, would you think it was fake? I will post my own ultrasound picture with the post. I have it copied on my phone so you will have to bare with me while I use my phone but please let me know what you think. I sent it to my girlfriend to get her insight. Message soon.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Here is my post to announce my pregnancy. Please let me know what you think. Took a long time to write it because the words weren't coming to me. Part reason for my insomnia last night in trying to finish it. Here goes.....

Honey
It looks like 2018 is gonna be an exciting year for us as a family. ???? I wanted to tell everyone personally. This bundle of joy is due in October ? Can't wait to see the happiness he/she brings.

We don't need a fake ultrasound picture to announce my pregnancy. This picture is REAL. So please don't copy and paste this to freak everyone out.

Family is like a puzzle; it's not complete until you add the final piece. My husband and I are pleased to announce that we are expecting another bundle of joy to our loving family. Currently, I'm 16 weeks and 4 days and we couldn't be much happier. ????

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Sounds a lovely post Dragonfly23 :) how exciting!I couldn't imagine anyone would think it was fake I wouldn't anyway :) Seems a very odd thing for your friend to do..... but I guess everyone has different humour. I plan to just do a picture, of my kids one holding a sign saying been there done that, and the other saying being promoted to big brother November 2018, if my husband agrees too obviously :) Good luck with your announcement I hope it all goes well xxx

5 years ago

@Lakermw. Thank you for your input. I think yours is awesome too and hopefully your husband will agree with it. We were watching Americas Funniest Home Videos and this woman was telling her kids that she was pregnant and the mom each told the kids to put this shirt on. The shirt said, thing 1, thing 2, thing 3 and the little girl (thing 3) was holding another shirt that said thing 4. The reaction from thing 2 was not pleasant as she was pretty upset and stormed out of the room. You could give that a try. I took a picture of my daughter yesterday and I put a sticky note on her shirt saying Big Sister. Thought it was cute; her not so much lol.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo