Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Very sorry pix :(

angel... How are you doing... KUP about your doctor's appt!

Welcome msr238

AFM... Getting a tiny bit closer to my IVF cycle. I start with Lupron (downregulation) tomorrow. Then it's waiting again for AF (I think last time she took her time and showed after 10 days.) I should start the meds at the beginning of September and expect to be in my TWW a month from now...

Have a good week everyone.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Very exciting, torontochick!! Keep us posted on your progress. What protocol are you doing?

Welcome, msr238!

I am either 3dpo or 5dpo (don't know whether to go by the opk and ovulation pain or ewcm). I'm not expecting to be able to get pregnant naturally - but I gotta keep trying! As soon as AF hits, then I'll schedule my day3 scan and my dreaded saline sonogram.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for your support.....I haven't given up hope yet! I know it can happen....now I just have to hope the next little bean sticks with me!

Glad everyone else is doing ok, and Angel! I'm so happy for you and keep you in my thoughts!

Just spoke with the Dr and she wants me to start my clomid this cycle, day 5-9 and that would be starting tomorrow then.

Praying for everyone to see that BFP and have a happy outcome. Thanks again for the support!

11 years ago

Hello everyone:

P&P - Way to get back in the saddle! You caught that eggie once you will do it again!

Essemkay - I hope you get pregnant naturally....just because you aren't expecting it!

Toronto - good luck this time around. Lupron protocol (my second IVF cycle) was a milder one for me in terms of response to the drugs. It is supposed to make more quality eggs.

Faith - now that is taking charge. Amazing how quickly dad and stepmom were able to find a place. They just needed the proper motivation.

Chacha - That is a powerful gift to provide. Thanks!

Angel - Looking and sounding good.

I have lurked a lot and posted a bit. I hope you ladies don't mind if I provide you with my status....

Visited my accupunturist on Thurs. I had my FET on Friday. Took it easy most of the weekend. Was supposed to take DS to Sesame Place on Saturday but it rained (God's way of looking out for this fool b/c I was still going to try to take him even though I couldn't ride on anything, couldn't go in the water and I probably shouldn't be doing too much walking )

So now I begin my symptom spotting - Had lots of mild cramping on Saturday pm and Sunday. Some mild nausea on Sunday (which improved once I ate). Today: Cramping (even as I type this), mild nausea, lite headness, mild headache, and sleepiness. Had these with AF too so....

My progesterone levels have dropped from 40 (Thurs b4 trans) to 27.8 on Sunday. My RE says the levels are excellent but given my m/c history the drop has me concerned.

I am feeling really good about this cycle. My research has shown that a day 5 frozen transfer should implant within 1-3 days (so by today) and I should be able to test within 5/6 days of the transfer (so by Thurs). Since this was a natural cycle I don't have to worry about left over HCG from trigger shot. My beta is on Sunday but I think I will test on Friday (if I can hold off that long) . My AF is due Tue/Wed so we shall see. Just trying to take things one day at a time. Busy week at work so that should help.

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Good luck, shanessa91!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thanks Shanessa and best wishes for you on your latest FET! You'll be in my thoughts.

11 years ago

Hey Ladies, I feel bad for being MIA. You all have remained in my prayers. I have had to focus my attention on my dd who is 23 and has an auto immune disease called schleroderma. she has taken a turn for the worse...it's been very difficult.
I am somewhere between 9-10 dpo tested this morning with a frer and neg.
I am going to set aside my poas addiction and wait until Saturday to test again...I've got 3 equate tests and 1 more frer.....
anyone else testing soon?

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Toronto-Good luck on this cycle, i really hope this is it for you. will be praying good and hard for you:) As for the bloodwork, couldn't go in today (forgot we had a college tour with our son today) so am going in tomorrow morning and will have the results Wed. am.

Swimmom- I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. I'm not familiar with that, but I do have lupus which is an auto immune disease and can really be awful. Hope she feels better.

Shanessa-Good luck hope you get that BFP!! prayers

AFM-so far so good, still cautious with mixed emotions, lots of symptoms, and still no sign of AF rearing her ugly head. officially 7 days late :) lots of praying going on here :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

angel... Seven days late is a pretty good sign that you are indeed preggers. Now let's pray for an awesome beta!

swimmom... So sorry to hear about your daughter. I know nothing about schleroderma, but I hope she'll get better soon so you can get back to your POAS addiction :)

shanessa... Good luck with your FET! I was never lucky enough to have frosties, didn't even have blasts...

essemkay... Doing the Long Lupron again. This time sans BCP though. Initially, I wanted to change protocols and do an EPP. My RE agreed, but it was also the kind of "well, if you want it, we can do it". Seems a lot of REs have this attitude not to really "advise" you but go by "whatever the patient wants works for me". Then I did a lot of reading on the web and honestly, I could only find anecdotal evidence that EPP was better for low responders. In fact, in my current group with over 40 IVFers, most of them are on some sort of estrogen priming and the results are mixed. So in the end, I chickened out and went back to ask them to do the Long Lupron again. After all, it did work last time.

I guess shanessa is right - it does give you less follies if you are DOR but they may be better quality. The first time I did EPP (I was not on DHEA and had just started Q10), I had 8 follies, 7 eggs retrieved and only one egg for transfer of so-so quality. I am still not sure if the quality of the clinic played a part in the failure of my two cycles there, but I figure it is too risky at this point to start experimenting.

Lupron shot tonight. Hope I get away with only mild side effects...

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

angel, can't wait to hear your beta results!!

swimmom, best wishes to your daughter

torontochick, I totally understand what you mean about wanting to do what worked before! If I ever do IVF again (not likely), I'd want to do the exact same protocol (follistim and ganirelix, no initial suppression). The only thing I'd want to change is waiting to trigger for at least another day or two because I had lots of immature follicles and then of the eggs retrieved, only 2 were mature. The study I did required triggering as soon as there was a follicle over 17mm.

Good luck to us all!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo