Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

391 - 397 of 397 Replies

Welcome to the new ladies!!

Angel... no news is good news...? Hope all is well with the bean!!

Swimmom... So sorry about your CP :(

Ladies, I started a new thread as this one is already at 20 pages!

Please go here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi everyone. I am glad I found this discussion again! Here's my story...I'm 41 and DH is 41 also. I finally got my on 8/20/12 (DPO 9) and had them all week - through 8/25 on FRERs and CBE Digis. On Friday, I received my beta results and had a measly 8 MIU.

Yesterday morning, I was greeted by . Note: This was 16 DPO - so was actually only 1-day late.

I scheduled an appointment with the OBGYN and will see him this afternoon; however, I just took a CBE Digi and a FRER and they were both negative. .

This has really been a roller coaster ride - but one of those scary ones where you bolt for the exit when it stops! I want off this ride and want a smooth journey next month or the month after!

Although it didn't work out, the feeling of getting a and all of the dreams I had in that week makes me want it even more now!

User Image

11 years ago

Holly... welcome back. We moved this thread to part 3...

Find us here now:
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Im not sure if im responding to the right post but it is very refreshing to read these posts. I joined this site a couple months ago. Im 42 and have recently remarried. I have 5 children from previous marriage and my new husband is younger than me with no children. He would like to have a baby...so here I am. Have been trying since June with no success thus far. I am starting to get frustrated :(

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am TTC #5 at the age of 41...soon to be 42 in April. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and does not want us to go down the road of using fertilityUser Image drugs, ivf,etc. We did do one round of IUI--that was the most I could convince him to do. It's been about 14 mths of TTC since the reversal and it has been really tough!! I used to get pregnant fairly easily in my 30s but times have certainly changed. I have had blood work done and all looks good-just old eggs I guess. Good luck to everyone! :)

10 years ago

Hi Luckyrobin! I'm not sure if this page is active or not. I haven't seen posts in over a year, but I got a notice in my email that there was a post...

I'm 42 and had a baby last June after trying for 16 months after my husband's reversal. I started taking supplements, using OPKs, and PreSeed two months before conceiving. I'm not sure if it was the combination of all of those, but it worked, and can work for you!

Maybe someone else will respond and direct us to a more up to date page.

User Image

10 years ago

luckyrobin, have your husband tested for sperm antibodies.

From WebMD: "If there are sperm antibodies in your semen after surgery, your partner is unlikely to become pregnant. In such a case, you may wish to try in vitro fertilization with intracytoplasmic sperm injection."

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo