Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

301 - 310 of 397 Replies | Last Page

I really WANT to see something, but that picture's just so blurry. Can you try taking a clearer one?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

believe me I tried, I got a new phone and the camera on this one really stinks, this one was the best I was able to get, I figured since my eyes are bad that maybe that's why it looked blurred or I was hoping anyways. Thank you though I appreciate it. I got some stash that should be here Thurs. and see what happens. It's just wierd with how I have been feeling and the monitor isn't peaking or dropping back down from high. and I haven't ever had my temps so out of wack before, and nothing is any different that I can think of that would affect my temps. Trying to keep it to myself for now, until I make sure it's not just me.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

no torontochick he said 50% i know that seems high but there is also more chance of mc he also hasnt had any bfp in 2 years after the operation

11 years ago

well talk about a crazy day, was in the ER because our dog attacked me, doing ok, but they did a pregnancy test before they did xrays, and their test was negative, although I don't know the sensitivity of their tests because twice their tests were neg, and I had a positive on First REsponse. I just took a FRER and there is a really faint line there. so not to sure what to think atm. trying to get a decent pic to post on here of it.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Leeanne, I have to ask again what exactly he meant with "a 50% chance"? Because I wonder if he could have really meant that you have a 50% chance to get pregnant? Like "at all" or in any given cycle? I mean, that would be an unusually high percentage. IVF clinics may have that success rate with women under 40 or under 37. But the chance to become pregnant is typically about 20% in any given natural cycle and declines with age. Like at our age, this percentage is only 5% or so. So I figure that still gives you as much as a chance as we all have. So go ahead!! :)

angel... I hope I am not saying anything to upset you (I know, I am a pretty straightforward person and I may accidentally offend someone...) The fact that you have faint positives every months but AF still arrives without fail... This could possibly indicate elevated HCG levels, which is a sign of (pre)menopause. If they had done a blood test at the clinic, your hcg could have potentially been around 10 or more?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/545317-menopause-and-hcg/

Maybe you should ask your doctor to do some fertility bloodwork (CD3: fsh, lh, estradiol, amh...)

AFM: The is here. BIG SIGH.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Toronto-no you are not upsetting me or offending me by no means, I appreciate the honesty. but wow I didn't know that, with the hcg, I know the first mth, I had an early miscarriage. But I didn't know i was preggers, the symptoms with the hot flashes, nausea, etc. the dr. and I thought premenopause, but surprise, and when he retested hormone levels for menopause, they were all with in normal range, but I 'm sure all of that can change, it's been about 6 mths or so. but will def look into having him check my levels again. yeah it would be upsetting, but it's in God's hands, and I trust and have faith in his plan for us. If it's not meant to be, he has still blessed us with the wonderful children that hubby and I do have.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Torontochick .....this is what my consultant told me before i had my operation....the 5% statistic comes into effect in your mid-40's Iam 40 as for the 50% its an at all statistic.
I had a clip reversal and the chances of concieving after this type is much higher than any other type of reversal. The odds of me getting pg are def lower but not 5%

11 years ago

Praying for all of you! I want to see at least 1 BFP post even if it's not me this cycle! AF showed her ugly head this morning! I always have 28 day cycles and everything within my cycle (when I cramp, how hard and how long I bleed) is always like clockwork! This month I was sure I was prego. Non of my normal AF signs showed up and I had a 42 day cycle. I had 1 neg and 1 faint poss test. Then 2 days ago all prego signs stopped. This morning I woke up in major pain and AF was here in full swing! I always start slow and light for the first day. Something very strange is going on with my body! I pray it's not pre menopause!!!!

11 years ago

leeanne72, I think torontochick's confusion is the same as mine. It's pretty unheard of for anybody's chance of pregnancy - without IVF - to be 50%. The healthiest 20-year-old's chance actively trying to conceive with an equally perfect 20-year-old guy is only 20%. But if that's what they told you, you should be pregnant in no time. Good luck!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hi Essemkay and thank you....phoned my consultant..thought i was loosing the plot and he said its his 'clinic' that has the statistic of 50% so your rite and im wrong
on the up side though i wont be giving up 5% or not!! so to all wannabes out there xx

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo