Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Hi there, I am 46 new hubby is 54. I have hypothyroidism and already have two daughters 27 and 13. DH has twin boys 20 years old. We have been ttc for 6 months. My AF is extremely right on time every month and I am very in tune with my body. For the July 20th ovulation we began to use preseed, Fertility blend for women and men, Maca root, Royal Jelly.

Ovulation day I had major lower ab pain in the night.

1dpo still lower ab pressure

2dpo Lot's of gas and burping ( not normal for me) lower ab, frequent urination.

3dpo again lot's of gas and burping, burping 6 to 7 times an hour, acne breakout on chest, watery CM. Lower ab pressure frequent urination

4dpo Gas continues, gums bled (not normal) more acne on chest. weepy in the middle of night. diarrhea, Lower ab pressure, frequent urination. sticky CM

5dpo Gas, terrible lower ab pressure

I will test on the 3rd of August, AF is due on the 1st.

BTW...My eldest daughter is pg with our 4th grand daughter due November.

Baby dust to all...

Me: 46DH: 54 Daughters 28 and 13 years old Twin Stepsons 20 years old July 2012: Our first month of seriously TTC using: CD 2 ~ OPK ~ Fertility Blend men and women ~ Maca Root ~ Royal Jelly ~ Preseed and holding out from BD for 3 weeks since we are older User Image

11 years ago

Swimmom...I am new to this site and I just adore your positive attitude it brightens my day as I read each and every post from all the women here. I don't feel so alone anymore. So on that note I want to thank all of you gals that post.
I met my DH on Match.com in 2010 and we are the perfect match we are craving badly to have our love child.

He actually made me quit my job so that I can be calm enough to go through this process. I am 5 dpo with numerous symptoms I just pray that it isn't all in my head.

Good luck ladies and baby dust to all

Me: 46DH: 54 Daughters 28 and 13 years old Twin Stepsons 20 years old July 2012: Our first month of seriously TTC using: CD 2 ~ OPK ~ Fertility Blend men and women ~ Maca Root ~ Royal Jelly ~ Preseed and holding out from BD for 3 weeks since we are older User Image

11 years ago

Welcome to all the new ladies :) I am also one that has to hide when I am fertile from hubby, or he gets to stressed.

Treats-that is so amazing that your pastor told you that. Don't ever give up hope, with our God all things are possible, it's just a matter of keeping the faith and our eyes on him :)

AFM-currently CD 8, just got my high on my monitor yesterday and today. And of course as luck would have it, hubby had a migraine yesterday, and today i have got some kind of flu bug, blahh. so from the past mths, I will probably peak either tomorrow or Sat.

Lots of baby dust and prayers going up for y'all :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Welcome, prefectmatch!

5dpo is a bit too early for pregnancy symptoms, but some of what you described could be from ovulation -- and ovulating is always a good thing! Good luck to you!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thanks EssemKay!

I will keep you all posted.:)

11 years ago

Welcome new ladies! And thank you prefectmatch!-we might be the only positive some of us get! WE have to stick together and uplift each other!

Wow treats! I believe in the prophetic word! That is awesome! I had some serious time with the Lord this week and I gained a new perspective on some things that would take me days to explain! Lets just say He showed me some things about His will for me and I am soooo excited to move into a new season in my spiritual life! I have spent the month of July out of town with my children and my sister and her children and so much has happened! Only saw DH 3 times, and only bd 3 times, but it was at the RIGHT time according to my OPK......

As usual my poas addiction has got the best of me and I have tested and retested and have myself in some kind of a situation....I am only 10-11 dpo so it is still early. AF due on Monday! I have had some tests neg and some positive(very faint) so I am not sure what is going on until shows or I get to the dr. I am embarassed to say I have used up all of my tests and my older kids and family have no idea we are ttc so it's kind of hard to sneak out and buy more tests! My 6 yr old twins have been praying for a new brother and a sister, which is so sweet, they have no idea!!!! I am embarassed to say I have resorted to peeing on my left over opk's and have actually re-used a few hpt tests that i kept that dried.... ..i need help I know.. Thanks for always being there ladies and listening when no one else will. I have been a total spaz this cycle after I swore I would relax!
I also admit I have been pretty bossy to DH during fertile times and have not been very sensitive, but down to business. This cycle was actually alot more fun for us because we barely saw each other this month and so were soo excited to be togther and . Sorry to rant tonight...can't sleep..tingly breasts and gasey... I never have sensitive breasts before so that is unusual for me. I totally feel like I am lactating...
Love and Hugs and lots of prayers!!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

TGIF everyone... :)

Swimmom... You are always such a ball of energy... thanks for brightening my Friday morning :) You take poas-ing to a whole new level (peeing on used sticks?? :D)

AFM: My temp took a nose dive this morning and I am a bit bummed out about it to say the least. At 5dpo, it seems way too early for an implantation dip. In addition, I typically get a mid-LP dip in my cycles, even when I am not pregnant, but it would always be later (not 5 dpo).

I changed the negative OPK prior to my positive OPK (both taken in the afternoon) to another positive (I couldn't really tell if that was a real positive as only one half of it was dark and the other half of the line was faded and I believe I had a bit of diluted urin). The Friday one was clearly positive though and on Saturday (shame) I did not take one.
So here, my chart did not change (even though I took out the set o-date), but on FF my o-date moved and according to this chart I'd be 8dpo already...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/11d7dc

I think that this is not possible either that I o'd on the day of the first positive opk and got another positive in the pm the next day? I thought that one ovulates AFTER a positive OPK and then after O the stick turns to negative?

Anyway, sorry for being so longish but I am confused...

Hope everyone is doing fine!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hello to all the Newbies! I love reading about your journeys and wish you all luck. I sort of fell of the board for a week or so after reared her ugly head. But I'm feeling better after my visit to the Doc. She recommended I try this supplement called Pregnitude, sounds silly I know, but it has seen good results in helping eggs mature and creating viable pregnancies. I am currently CD10 and will start the OPK dance. Just reading the board here at CTP lifts my spirits. Thanks to you all!

Good luck to everyone this month!

11 years ago

torontochick, think of your LH surge like getting drunk. As you drink, your blood alcohol content rises and once you hit a certain level, it will register on a breathalyzer. At some point, you hit the "uber drunk" level and ovulate. But it takes a bit for all that booze to make it's way out of your system, so you'll still get lines for a bit after that.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

pixandpoetry... so sorry about the witch showing up :(
I saw someone mention Pregnitude somewhere else... must google it! :)

essemkay... Wow, thanks for the perfect explanation for the LH surge. This makes perfect sense to me. I am still not sure what day I ovulated. According to the POAS site, BBT charting, OPKs etc all have a margin of error of +/- 3 days. Sometimes you know if all signs match up, sometimes you don't know for sure if they do not match. So I guess I am somewhere between 6dpo and 9dpo right now. Maybe I ovulated indeed earlier that CTP says because typically, I do not get the mid-LP dip before 7dpo...

Happy weekend everyone!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo