Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Torontochick- you are far from Debbie downer!!! I am only speaking for myself but i appreciate your research and your heart to share it with us all!!! Xoxoxoxo

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Swimmom... Thanks ;) And great to hear that all your results are perfect and that DH's swimmer are fit as well!!

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Swimmom -- Congrats on the good testing outcome! My thoughts are with you and everyone else who want to conceive so desperately! Thanks so much for the encouraging words, and prompt to visit the Dr. Also I plan to look into the DHEA as everyone seems to point that direction!

Keep us posted!

11 years ago

Hey ladies,
I just posted an opk in the gallery and just wondering what you all think. I have never used clearblue easy opk's and i think it looks positive but ic and dollar store not positive yet but close . Does anyone know if clearblue easy are more sensitive than the ic or dollar store opk's? TIA

11 years ago

Mommy- i checked your opk and it looked really close to being positive. I have not had any experience with the blue dye ones I have only used the internet ones. Hoping you get your positive really soon! I am also waiting to ovulate...sometime this weekend...however i have been having a reallly weird cycle. Nausea and heavy feeling for the last few days. On tuesday I had some brown spotting, which i have never had at this point in a cycle? I have got it a little before af or maybe a day after...but not 9 days after af? Trying not to bug out too much on weirdness, but even dh said I "felt" different in there after bd Ok...what is that supposed to mean...He asked me if I thought ummmm...he had gotten bigger... because "things" felt extremely tight.....I have no idea what that is all about....anyway, I am cd 11 and usually o on cd 14 or 15 so i am not surprised to have a neg opk. Lots of cramping on my left side....PLEASE LET THIS BE OUR MONTH!!!!!!!!! Oh and note to me: stay off the internet when having insomnia!!!!!!!!! I found all these horrible websites that basically said at my age of 43 it is IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT!!!! Especially naturally with my own eggs. I am just not going to choose to believe that right now. I am holding out for my miracle. All my labs have come back good and we are in no position for ivf treatments..... I really put myself in a negative place by doing that to myself. So i say keep the googling to a minimum.....I know it's hard....xoxoxoxoxo

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

I have done that too...looked up very depressing stuff on the internet. I refuse to believe it all too. I have been taking coq10 for about 3 months now so I'm praying it works this month! I have tried just about everything and am tired and emotionally drained at this point but i refuse to give up till the end of the year when i will stop buying all the ttc arsenal. Not sure if i can ever totally give up but this 3-4 times a day pill popping has to stop. I spend way more than i should a month lol If it's god's will, it will happen.......that's what i have to keep reminding myself everyday. Good luck ladies and dont believe all the stuff you read on the net!

Praying everyone gets a

11 years ago

Mommy, your opk looked almost positive to me, and that means I would be bd'ing till the cows come home! I wish you all the best, and I totally understand about the pill popping, sometimes it seems ridiculous and others more hopeful! Just keep trying and thinking positive. We have to stick together and keep believing.

Swimmom, STOP surfing those unhelpful sites! I do it too and all it does is make me more determined to keep trying. Belief makes all things possible. As for the spotting at cd9, I have had the same thing this cycle, although mine was at cd11. it's unusual and I'm hoping a good sign. I'm 8dpo and in the 2ww that is so hard. I'm trying to stay positive and will keep hoping for my BFP! Keep us posted!

We'll get those

11 years ago

Good to see that all are still hanging in there, and yes when it is in God's plan, it will happen, I have personally witnessed miracles myself, one being recently that our pastors daughter, almost passed away, the dr's even had no hope, she broke records like you wouldn't believe, and 1 yr later she is home and happy as can be, and still making progress, to where the dr's don't think she is going to need a lung transplant anymore. Our God is bigger than any dr, person and is amazing to see things like this happen, and allows so many others to witness it, to bring them to him. So don't ever give up hope, so what if all those websites are saying bout it being difficult or impossible. as long as we believe, it is all in God's hands.

Toronto-I don't think you were being a Debby Downer, all the research and studies that you have put on here, have been extremely helpful, and you are a wonderful person to research like that and share as well. I'm sure it will help a significant amt of people :) So keep it up, I know for myself, I can't thank you enough for the research you did that has gotten my lupus under control.

AFM- I am sorry for disappearing for a bit there, but lots of stress and family drama this past week. Now it has caused my lupus to flare up, but it isn't as bad as it usually is when it flares up (thinking due to the wobenzym), so hoping it doesn't affect my chances this month will just have to see what God has in store for us this mth. so far, temp didn't confirm the +opk on CD8, but didn't take any chances (I think hubby is thinking, that it's his birthday all mth so far, lol). Did however get my 1st peak on my monitor on CD11, and now temps have confirmed "O" on CD 11. so I am now 4 DPO. Now I'm not sure, but thought maybe someone would know, I know 4dpo is a bit early for a possible implantation dip in temp, but this morning I went from 98.3 yesterday, to 97.8, although still above my coverline that is a pretty big dip, I guess my question is, although I haven't drank any alcohol for over 6 mths, last night because of all the stress, and just being overwhelmed I had about 3 bottles of beer, would that affect my temp this morning? I wasn't even feeling buzzed or drunk, because they were over a several hrs of time, with me just sipping on them. Just seems that I saw something somewhere about alcohol affecting BBT's.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel... good to have you back.

I already posted an answer on the other thread, but I am reposting this here since this could be interesting for other's as well...

With regard to alcohol and bbt temps:

Yes, alcohol does affect your bbt temps, however, it depends on how much you drink and how close to bed time it was. Generally, if your temps are affected, they will go up, not down. (So, drinking alcohol could screw up your chart by showing higher temps than they would normally be.)

TGIF!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hello Ladies,
I have never done this before but you ladies are so inspirational!!! I am 44 with 3 kids, 1 adopted, and married my best friend last Aug who has no children,he is 56. We have been TTC since Sept, had 1 miscarriage in Jan and all negatives since. I do OPK every month and get a positive every month,also takin progesterone. I have been an OB/GYN nurse for years and know "the statistics" but have put all my faith in to God that we are supposed to have a child of our own. I am 11 DPO with a BFN, and even though it is a disappointment I still have faith this month until I see AF. So thank you ladies for letting me share your journey as I thought I was the only one at this age trying so hard and worrying and unable to wait to take that test. Blessings to everyone wanting a little one!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo