Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 397 Replies | Last Page

angel- wow! that is awesome! i started this cycle alot more relaxed...I'm thinking..hey I'm only 42 and my cycles are regular and there is no reason to get worked up....I will be 43 in 4 days!!!! hurry hurry get the opk and evening primrose and all the vitamins I can afford! I became crazy again and I've got like 3 different ovulation predictor calendars telling me three different things.! So I am driving dh crazy. I just stood there and watched him take two maca tablets against his will. ROFLMBO! The truth is, it is all in Gods timing anyway. No matter what I do or DH does, God has a plan.....sigh....I even quit drinking coffee which is my favorite addiction. Please let this be my miracle cycle and the same for ALL my over 40 friends! Thanks for joining me, I think after 40 we have special needs, and feel the tick tock a little faster. Have a wonderful mothers day! How many times a day do you poas opk? my first month I missed it because i only did it once a day. Last month I caught it because i did 3 a day!. I'm down one for the day two more to go. Last month O'd on cycle day 15.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

have you tested yet prayingfortwomore? Hope you are feeling symptoms and test soon! blessings to your womb!

User Image

I've been dealing with a little bit of insomnia lately...sigh....DH took me to to see Avengers tonight. It was actually pretty good. Nothing offensive. It was good to get out! Worked out with my 15 yr old son, (we started going to the gym together) DH grilled some steak, we bathed the twins, tucked everyone in, said prayers, and let the 20 yr old babysit! Super fun. Anyway, of course I have used like 4 of my opk's already, I know I have a problem....lol...but to my surprise, tonights was alot darker than I expected! I may O early this cycle! Bring it on! to you all! Googling foods that are good for comfy uterus....so far just found that pineapple core is good for ?implantation.? Any one hear of this or anything else?

User Image

Hi I,m 39 and have been ttc since Feb, I have a 16 month old already and stupidly got my husband to have a vasectomy then 6 months later we decided we wanted another so had the op reversed. I am currently 5 dpo so have another week before I can test. Would be nice to have a ttc buddy :o)

11 years ago

hey newt- im still mad at myself for having my tubes tied back in 2001. I had just had my 3rd son, and was in the middle of a divorce, and my sister was in the operating room with me (csection) and when the dr. asked if I was sure I wanted the TL my sister said "we are not leaving until those tubes are tied". I felt pressured and pushed into it, even thought It was ultimately my decision. So dumb. Anyway, had a TR in march with Dr. Levin in Kentucky. Totally healed, and on our way to one more bebe!!!! We are really getting excited! Sometimes I think dh is more excited than me. Anyway, praying for your sticky bean and happy health pregnancy!
I am supposed to O on my b-day which is the 17th of may! Started opk yesturday.

User Image

hi there ladies,, just an update. my temp sky rockedted this morning. i Ovulated on mothers's day!!. according to all online charting..i officially got positive OPK on all opks i bought. (5 diff ones and all were + on 5/12. ) evn my cbfm was peak as well.
my temps def showed i O'd yesterday 5/13.

ladie sdont loose hope , it will happen, Now im officially 1 DPO,,and counting down my BFP!! just in time for Fathers day.. \

BABY DUST TO MY LADIES...

User Image

11 years ago

yeah! mommy8! I just used my #3 opk for the day and it's not pos yet but getting darker for sure! Hoping to celebrate that Fathers day with a BFP too!

User Image

Hi swissmom...I tested neg as otf lastnite so I'm just un my twwo week wait now..its so exciting. We will cont to bd another 4-5 days just to be safe. Looking fwrd to our sticky bean...after 2 loses in 7months. God is soo good. All my temps have been great since begin of cycle since the start. I had a spike of 1.1 degree which indicates ovulation yesterday.

User Image

11 years ago

ovulate ovulate ovulate ovulate.....:)

User Image

I agree Swimmom, it really is all in God's hands and when his timing is right. I usually do 3-4 opk's a day. :)

mommy8- in my thoughts and prayers that you get your BFP as well this mth. What a wonderful Fathers day gift to give to your hubby :). If I "O" like I did last mth on CD 13-14, will have hopefully a BFP just in time for our 17th anniversary :)

In regards to the pineapple, I haven't tried it yet, but I have been hearing alot about it helping with implantation, I believe it is the core that you need to eat.

I also undertand being pressured into getting tubes tied, I have heard nothing but from family and friends since we had our son last yr. Hubby and I did talk about getting it done, and I was going to. But when the day for my appt with my OB to discuss it came, it just didn't feel right to me, and I won't make a decision like that without being 100% sure. Hubby agreed and supported the decision, to put it in God's hands. Friends and family have really been pressuring, and had to tell some to back off that it is our decision to make.

Thoughts, Prayers and BABY DUST TO ALL!!!

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo