Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Welcome to y'all :) Nope don't ever give up hope, I was 40 when I conceived our lil guy who just turned 1 a few wks ago, 41 when I had him. I am now 41 and will be 42 in Dec. In God's timing and plans it will happen :)

dMartin- I am so sorry for your loss, I have been there and it can be very devastating and scary for future pregnancies. I have had 3 m/c, a stillborn at 20wks, and a chemical pregnancy last mth, over the course of 16 yrs, it is soo hard to deal with, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :)

I am currently 3dpo so I so know the going nuts over the 2WW and symptom spotting. I am a POAS addict, so this mth I am just trying to relax and gave hubby all my tests, and he isn't allowed to give them to me until I am officially late :)

Hang in there ladies and hoping May is our mth. Spring the time for new life :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

I tested with 10 miu tests yesterday and today. I am about 6dpo. Lol I seem to think it might show up sooner with the more sensitive test but i know i am just fooling myself. Wish i could give my hubby the tests to hold onto so i dont cave but it helps pass the tww. I have never gone to this extreme before, getting pregnant just happened. Now that i am getting "older" i hear the clock ticking FAST! I really dislike this feeling. to all the 40 something's ttc

11 years ago

Hi, my name is Vivy, from Argentina. I'm 39, I had a miscarriage (was my first pregnancy)in March and now, from April I'm ttc.
Today I'm in the cd 12 and from the day 7 I had ovary pain, egg white and today mi temp is a little up and my opk is positive. I don't know....I'm confused bacause my ovulation day should be 15 or 16 (my cicles are of 30 days)....but everything indicates that it's now...
My anxiety causes this? just in case I took my husband and I abused it
Sometimes I think I am going crazy, sometimes I get depressed a lot and sometimes I get excited a lot .... I have no time to lose. If I have a child, has to be now. In 4 months I will be 40 and the chances are less and less ...

11 years ago

Vivy23- Welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss I think your cycles can be alittle off after a mc. All the signs are there so yes BD! Lots of women get pregnant in their 40's but i totally understand where your coming from. It has taken me alot longer now that i am older to get pregnant. Just be sure you take care of yourself, exercise etc.
I have had some small amount of pinkish/peach cm this morning! Trying not to get excited as this is my first month using progesterone cream so maybe that's why. Hoping this is implantation tww is too long

11 years ago

GOOD LUCK MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Thank you Vivy23. Later i had more spotting but it was blood tinged ewcm. Praying it's not the progesterone cream doing this. Have been searching the internet if it could cause this but cant find any answers guess i just have to be patient. Boo to the tww

11 years ago

Right there with y'all, lol I got hubby to cave and give me one of my ultra sensitive tests 10miu, like yeah at 4dpo it's going to show anything, lol. so I know where y'all are coming from.

Vivy23- i am so sorry for your loss, hang in there hun, all those feelings are completely normal. And yes after a m/c cycles can get a bit funky, and different so just go with the flow, (the good flow that is :) )

This is my 2nd cycle using a progesterone cream, I didn't have any spotting due to it, the only thing I have been able to find on it in that regards is that if using it after "O" and then stopping, and if levels drop to low that can cause spotting or AF to come on. so as long as you are still using it, and I am also and going to through my first trimester if this is my mth I am thinking it could be maybe some implantation spotting? Hang in there for you too :)

and yes a BIG BOOOOO, to the 2WW lol

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hey ya''ll! Seems like I have been gone, but just had a wedding, and an out of town surprise party for DH! WE are also buying a new house! so everything is crazy. You would think it would help the 2ww being so busy, but it's all i can think about. Symptom Spotters Annonymous is what we need. I am 4dpo and ready to start peeing on sticks. I keep reading that implantation can take 6-12 days.... I am so excited for you all that are in the 2ww with me! We can just get our BFP's together!

I need to read and catch up what has been going on with everyone. also welcome to all the new people, we may be 40 or over, but we still have hope!!! I was also reading that being over 40 gives us a higher chance of multiples. I wouldn't mind a boy/girl twin combo.....
I had horrible ovulation pain and cramping this cycle and I have never had that before. I am sure it was multiple eggs. So here is to obsessing over everything and praying over everything and keeping hope alive! Blessings to every one of you!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Well this cycle i had no o pains so I'm hopeful that means my is on it's way! Other months i had the pains and if i remember right in my past pregnancies i didnt have o pains the month i conceived. Last night the spotting stopped but is back today. Driving me crazy! I only have a 11 Lp so i don't have too long to wait.
ladies! Hoping this is all our month

11 years ago

Mommy, when can you make a pregnancy test?

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo