Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 397 Replies | Last Page

was the pic taken within the time frame? Also I was under the impression that evaps, didn't have the color to them, because what I'm seeing is pink. I dunno. but I know what you mean :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi there ladies,

just wanted to post a life sign - still here lurking.

Thanks for the warm welcome chachacha and swimmom. It's great to have a group like this - difficult to find one on the web. Didn't know we were such a rare breed... Sounds almost like disability... TTC over 40... ;)

essemkay... Your name rings a bell... Have I seen your posts in the IVF forums of the FertilityCommunity? Congrats on baby #1 and the IVF success!! Good luck for round #2!

AFM: Not much to report on my end. It's day 6 after the D&C, still some light bleeding and from what I have read and heard, AF is probably at least a month away. So nothing I can do but wait right now.

Started a bunch of supps that are supposed to improve egg quality, just to feel better about the wait and to do at least something in preparation of my next TTC/IVF attempt.

angel... Hope that bean sticks around this time.

vivy... Hmm, sucks, but I can't see a line :(

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

torontochick, yes, I'm on fertilitycommunity, too :)

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. What supplements are you taking?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

angel197088, congrats!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... Oh wow, you TTCd for 12 years to have your daughter? Omg. Trying for a year now seems like an eternity already. Just learned today that a coworker about my age is pregnant with her first, four weeks ahead of my due date, well would-have-been. Not that I think she doesn't deserve it, but strangely it really hurts.

As for the supps... Let me see if I can count them all:

Dhea
CoQH
Myo-inositol
L-arginine
L-carnitine
Folic acid
Melatonine
Royal jelly
Bee Pollen
Pycnogenol
Resveratrol
Axastanthin
Zinc
Selenium
Vit B Complex
Omega 3

I think that's it. I'll come back to the list if I forgot something... ;)
Cal Mag

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Yes. 12 long, heartbreaking years. Too many of those years were wasted paying attention to the gyno's advice, by the time I told her to stuff it and moved on to the RE, we had to throw the dreaded "advanced maternal age" into the mix. Stupid me.

I know how the BFPs of others twist a little knife in your side. You're so thrilled for them, but it's hard not to think, why not me?? I always had to remind myself that they weren't taking a baby out of some dwindling baby jar, so there was still plenty of baby potential left for me. :)

Dang! That's a lot of supplements! How are you going to have time to do anything else? LOL

11 years ago

Hi girls Yes i said girls lol. We are not ancient you ladies are too funny. So ladies like I had mentioned I am helping my MIL plan my SIL babyshower remember she is the one having the twins and everything is good im doing my little shopping you know because I will be decorating making the favors, centerpiece and now ive decided we are gownna have a sweets table too, so I am having my little babyshower planning fun you know trying not to think that I am 7DPO when along comes another relative BOOM!!!!Twins too ..this time a boy and a girl .....AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! then...I am watching HGTV network and having dinner with my honey when the couple that is looking to buy a home on the show say they are having twins AAAAAAHHHHHH I cant get away from twins BFPs. PHEWW breathe breathe...my honey looks over at me as i drop my fork with a blank face saying how its gonna be ok. OMG is all I can say. I am happy for everyone dont get me wrong but DANG!!! i found myself mocking the women on the show for about 10 minutes like a five year old...just the way she said in a very annoying voice i may add.....""OOHHH an open concept i love it and i can see the twins while they are playing from the kitchen"" UGGHHH!!! i know i know shame on me..but it didnt last very long I just needed to let it out. I am fine now ...I think ....no Im not ...yes...ok im not....I will be tho. Im going to sleep it off I should be fine by morning you girls have a good nite and sweet dreams to you all and ofcourse lots and lots of

11 years ago

Chacha- I so know what you mean. it is hard, and don't believe there is any shame in feeling the way you do, as that's what happens to me while trying and like yesterday woke up to small amt of spotting and while out on a family trip, I swear, every which way I turned it semed like everyone in the park was preggo, or like you said its in your face on the tv, ugghhhh.

AFM-well after the small amt of spotting yesterday morning, I tried not to get my hopes up since I had no spotting or any kind of bleeding the rest of the day. But this morning, woke up and AF is full blown this morning. so either another CP or early miscarriage. So at it again and adding a couple other things to my regimen and try one more cycle. trying not to let DH see me crying or upset, since he didn't know, he just thinks I started my cycle. Cuz otherwise this would've been it and he would want to call it quits because of the toll it's taking on us both. And he is concerned about my health as well. Saying lots of prayers as I feel like I'm on this big emotional roller coaster ride

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

ANGEL........big hug for you......i dont know what to say....

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo