Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 397 Replies | Last Page

love and hugs to you all!!!!!!! Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
I have had the worst AF of all time! So heavy and painful! I have a 3 day fsh test tomorrow and dh is going in this week for labs too. Please keep me in your prayers and that my fsh is low. The last one i had done last year was borderline at 10 but I know lots of people who have had babies with higher!
I am still ovulating as far as I can tell as I have had positive opk's since march. Holding out for my miracle!

torontochick: thanks for all of your thought and great info. I have no clue in cassava root is anything other than just a root but I can't find anything that says there is harm in it!

has anyone tried or heard of DHEA? I have read alot of sucess stories with older eggs......very curious about this.....

hugs to everyone dealing with AF....it really does suck.....and vivy I couldn't get your link either....praying for your line to darken!

essemkay=I'm believing there is something natural that can be done to help you o. Take good care of yourself and your sweet one you are nursing...

tsimmons: here's to clomid!!!!!!!!

Hi Mandy... to you and welcome

angel=I am so with you! With God all things are truly possible!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

swimmom, yes, I am taking DHEA. There have been a lot of studies on DHEA in connection with IVF. A lot of fertility clinics prescribe it for 3 months prior to IVF (since eggs have a development cycle of about 3 months). I am not sure if it works in natural cycles as well. In IVF, they give 75 mg a day. I'd try a lower dose for a natural cycle. Ask you doc maybe, too.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

angel... I did some more research on the Wobenzym/Bromelain... It seems that it can have a positive effect on Lupus (it has anti-inflammatory properties!). While I was looking, I came across this research, which I thought may contain some helpful information for you. (Since can't go back on your Lupus medication while TTC).

www2.hawaii.edu/~amybrown/LUPUS-scientificarticle.pdf

Quote: Aggravating substances appear to include excess calories, excess protein, high fat (especially saturated and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids), zinc, iron, and L-canavanine found in alfalfa tablets. Possible beneficial dietary compounds include vitamin E, vitamin A (beta-carotene), selenium, fish oils (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids), evening primrose oil, flaxseed, a plant herb (Tripterygium wilfordii), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and calcium plus vitamin D (if taking corticosteroids). Some people with systemic LE placed on food allergy elimination diets reported improvement in their LE symptoms; however, this may be related to a decrease of other substances in the diet. Also, although no direct evidence was reported on the beneficial effects of either bromelain or a vegetarian diet (possibly allowing fish), it is suggested that they might be beneficial.

Since vitamin E, beta-carotene, selenium, fish oils (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids), evening primrose oil (until O), flaxseed, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), and calcium plus vitamin D are also said to improve fertility, you may actually benefit double...

See, I am bored waiting for my cycle to come back and not being able to google pregnancy symptoms... ;)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Swimmom - much love & light for the results you need. I was just there a few months ago and I know the angst in the waiting game. My last test prior to the one a few months ago was 2 years ago. In any case, thinking of you and praying :)

Warmly,

Myself 42 Hubby 49 -------------- TTC #1 since 02/2010 User Image

11 years ago

Toronto-Thank you so much for all the info and research. You are certainly finding more than I have so far, lol. I know what you mean about being bored while waiting, I do the same thing. That's how I ended up finding out about the extra baby aspirin and some possibly needing heparin to maintain pregnancy with lupus. Crossing my fingers, started the wonbenzym last week, 1 baby aspirin twice a day instead of waiting for "O" and only once a day, restarted my Evening Primrose Oil (until "O"), and have added a Super B-complex. On cd 6, just started sticks on the monitor. should "O" in about 4 days or so. Then will start my Natural Progesterone cream again after "O". Something has to work. I do know I can already tell a difference in my fatigue, my joint pain and overall feeling since taking the Wobenzym. That will definitely be put to the test tomorrow and see how I feel Thursday. Tomorrow is a big day, with it being 4th of July and our lil town has a big thing all day, with a parade to start and 2 of our kids are in the parade for their sports. So if I am able to even move on Thursday morning, that in itself will definitely be an improvement on that end, atleast. I don't know how I will ever be able to thank you with all your help and the others here. Many prayers coming your way, And that God blesses you

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

thanks ceegee, needed that hopefully will have results in a few days, not sure how long it takes especially since tomorrow is the 4th....i'm not going to think about it ha ha ha ha ha....DH has appointment for sperm analysis Thursday also, so we shall have some good answers this week
meanwhile i will take the DHEA, B complex, prenatals, and evening primrose (until o). I'm drinking tons of water and excercising and eating healthy. Praying and thanking God ahead of time for our little blessings to come!

Torontochick- wow! you have found so much info....what a great source you are for all of us...I have not been googling or researching as much as i was last month, trying to take a break from obsessing....well, that's not true i spent over an hour looking into fsh levels and what is considered high...

opk's on order and on the way!

User Image

thanks ceegee, needed that hopefully will have results in a few days, not sure how long it takes especially since tomorrow is the 4th....i'm not going to think about it ha ha ha ha ha....DH has appointment for sperm analysis Thursday also, so we shall have some good answers this week
meanwhile i will take the DHEA, B complex, prenatals, and evening primrose (until o). I'm drinking tons of water and excercising and eating healthy. Praying and thanking God ahead of time for our little blessings to come!

Torontochick- wow! you have found so much info....what a great source you are for all of us...I have not been googling or researching as much as i was last month, trying to take a break from obsessing....well, that's not true i spent over an hour looking into fsh levels and what is considered high...

opk's on order and on the way!

User Image

Hi Angel... Glad the wobenzym is helping a bit... However, I believe you should limit the Aspirin to one a day! Less is more in this case.

Hugs

11 years ago

Guess what? Got my results today!! Im so relieved happy and excited! Last year my results were borderline at 10.0. My results today were 8.3! So Im walkin thru that open door! Thanking God all along the way. Sometimes Its hard to see the Blessings in our circumstances and We lose faith. I am believing in and already Thanking God for the Blessings i have and the ones to come.....Im knitting two baby blankets...one boy and one girl! Its exciting to see how this cycl
e will play out! Xoxo

User Image

Swimmom so very happy for you. Gonna continue to pray for you and all the gals in this forum. Your message just helped me alot ...the part bout losing the faith ..well i havent lost it but I was questioning it earlier... as you know I am helping with my SIL's babyshower and it is tomorrow or in a few hours i should say...well I was making the treats in the kitchen for the babyshower and just started balling just crying like a baby... AF is on her way im cramping so bad and I was having so much fun making diaper cake centerpieces and other decorations for the babyshower ....then it hit me ..the cramping ...the fact that AF is here yet again, another BFN month ... ladies please pray for me ..i have to pull myself together in just a few and right now everything just hurts i just want to get into bed pull the covers over my head and stay there for a week. I dont know how Im gonna do it but i have to ... I will be leading the games and making sure everyone is having fun. Wish me luck babydust and huggs to you all.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo