Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Hello Treats and welcome aboard the rollercoaster! I know just how you feel and am glad to have you join our band of over 40 somethings. It's nice to hear that even a nurse can be optimistic about conceiving when there is so much negative info out there. I too got a BFN testing today at 10dpo, I couldn't wait any longer. But I still have hope, as testing this early rarely gets a BFP! I'll keep you in my thoughts. Keep us posted!

11 years ago

Welcome Treats! So good to have you with us! Praying for your BFP!
You too Pix...hold on ladies our miracles are coming!
I got a dark positive opk today! last night and again tonight
Wish I could show you all the sunset and the clouds I saw tonight and the confirmation of the promise I know that God made me about having another baby. It was soooo beautiful and I felt such a peace and I know it sounds corny but the sky tonight was a miracle in itself......I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy...lol....
Hope you all have a blessed weekend and I am truly here praying for you all......All things are possible thru Him!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

swimmom- I don't think that sounds corny, actually I think it sounds pretty amazing, especially in all the variety of ways that God speaks to us. Especially when we can just relax and listen. With God all things are possible, and nothing is bigger than our God.

Afm-crazy nauseau today, 8dpo, among some other symptoms so hoping i'm down with a lil one and not the flu or something.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

i am 41 this year and have been trying to conceive since 6 months ago.....took clomid 50mg from 25th-30th june. i had 3 kids age 20, 16 and 14. I hope am gonna be bless with one more soon....in few days am gonna do my pregnancy test...wish me luck everybody...cheeers!

11 years ago

Rozleena! Welcome aboard and good luck to you! Just know that we are all in your corner and will be wishing you lots of baby dust! I am 12 dpo and waiting. Hope everyone else is doing well and had a great weekend.

11 years ago

Hi ladies and hello and a big welcome to the new gals im sorta kinda new too and can definately vouch for everyone on this forum I feel like we are sisters in the same journey and we are all praying and looking out for each other. Well i am very excited to report that my SIL's twins arrived today at 4:30pm I am sooo excited to see them in person I already was sent some pics on my phone, ladies these lil ones weighed over 7Lb each one. God is great they are healthy mom is fine im sure a little sore as I havent spoken to her just yet. Just the other day when I saw her I rubbed her belly as if she was a magic lamp lol sshhh lol as if it were contagious I then rubbed my belly area as well, I know your probably thinking Im nuts but I will try anything that helps me get my BFP. Btw...has anyone one tried Soy Isoflavones I may have mispelled that, and what do you guys think or have heard of adding B6 or Bcomplex to my regimen of Maca , Spirulina, Folic acid and ofcourse Prenatal vitamins with DHA....is that like overkill or should I try the Soy Flavone and maybe stop somethign else,Oh and Im also expecting the Softcup I am getting some free samples in the mail they just sent me the email they were on their way. I just want to kick it up a notch, Im still not in the position to go back to my RE and start clomid, with the layoff also came no insurance :( not that insurance would cover but just to walk in to my RE office is a whopping 200 something...Im feeling very excited and EXTREEEMMMELY Hopeful Its going to happen to us ladies Woohoo!!! just a matter of time. God bless our wombs and fill them with a healthy baby or babies !! can I get an AMEN!!?? Huggss.

11 years ago

chacha- wow those are some good size twins, glad to hear all are doing well :) As for the Soy Isoflavones, some have good luck with them from what I have seen and others haven't, I have taken them, they are comparable to clomid but natural. It work with getting me ovulating and shortening my cycles. there are a couple groups on here pertaining to the soy. I do know one of the girls on here recommended the use of Bcomplex or folic acid in addition to the prenatal vitamin. I just started taking a super B complex this cycle so will see what happens.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

WELCOME to the new ladies!!!

chachacha... Soy Iso is said to work like clomid sans the side effects. I have tried it in two previous cycles with mixed success - apart from the fact that both cycles were BFN, they delayed my ovulation and I am nut sure if I benefitted at all. On the other hand, I have read tons of success stories on the web, but mostly this seems from women who have trouble ovulating on their own. The dosages and starting days also seem different. I tried a lower dose in my first cycle from days 3 to 7 and then upped the dose in the next cycle and moved to days 2 to 6. It seems like staggering the dosage is the way to go.

http://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/fertility-medications-and-natural-supplements/soy-isoflavones-natural-alternative-t

Hope this helps a bit.

AFM: My HPT was negative on Sunday morning, which means the HCG must have been about 10 or less (at least 10 is what my HPT is supposed to pick up, but I guess my blood hcg could be higher?) Anyway, I had my check up yesterday - all clear and follies are already growing. However, my lining is rather thin due to the D&C but maybe it grows a bit more over the next days. She did not do a beta, so I guess I could ovulate sometime soon - at least I hope so. I will do OPKs as I can't use my monitor right now and see where this leads us.

xoxo
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Well the is on her way unfortunately. Although I thought ....just maybe this would be the month, it appears not. I wish you all the best for this month

I have a Dr. appt next week and plan on discussing further options. We've been trying for over a year and a half naturally. Maybe it's time to stage an intervention?! I'll see what she has to say.

I'm cheering you all on.

11 years ago

pixandpoetry- I'm sorry the is showing up. Maybe you can get things figured out with your doc next week.

AFM- I am getting really discouraged I had positive opks but my temps look bad at this point. I'm wondering if i only had a surge but didnt O I had cramping on my left side today(4 dpo) and that doesnt mean good things for me I'm starting to wonder if i might have a cyst

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo