Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Chachacha- girl you are strong....and amazing and i feel your pain...i just know you put your heart into this baby shower and you will be blessed! Prayers For you....xoxo faith love and hope.....love Is the greatest of these....

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi everyone! I am new to the board, but have been ttc for over a year now. At 44 I may be the oldest person here!! I haven't been to Dr yet as I had no insurance until recently. DH is 46, has 3 boys from previous marriage, while I have a boy and girl from mine. We want so desperately to have a child of our own...sometimes it's unbelievably difficult trying!! Insurance will not cover any assisted fertility treatments, and now I'm not even sure where to start. Anyone have any natural ideas? We've tried lots of different homeopathic remedies, including vitex, primrose, etc.....

I'm 5dpo and dreading the wait until AF shows again....seems like it's just cycle after cycle of let down. Thanks for letting me vent!

11 years ago

Welcome, pixandpoetry! I am also 44. I don't have any tips - wish I did. I just went on Friday and had my CD3 bloodwork done and have an appointment with an RE in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thank you Swimmom for your sweet words Im here :) i made it thru the babyshower turned out beautiful everyone kept asking who did the decorations and I had alot of people asking me if I was a party planner...wow that made my night and kept me focused on the babyshower games and having fun. My SIL was all smiles she is such a sweetheart she got a bit choked up at one point she didnt expect all of it, or the fact that she was having twins. AF arrived yesterday just glad I didnt have to deal with her during the babyshower. I hope one of us is next !!
Welcome Pixandpoetry my best recommendation is to start at your RE altho you both have children stuff shifts or clogs or developes get your green light from RE for sure then take it from there. I have 2 kids as well but my fiance doesnt. I thought it was just me with an issue being im over 40 but doc checked me out ok, fiance however has low motility our next step was supposed to be clomid and some shots and IUI but I got laid off 2months ago not that it would help like you said most insurance dont cover but mine was covering the test because they had not labeled it Infertility or something like that. Altho I am now thinking of going out of the country for IVF I have a relative back home who said she would help me find all the info ..i can feel my tick tock a bit loud. As always you are all in my prayers and hugs to all.

11 years ago

Im 43 and so far ALL my tests are good. We r just waiting For sperm Analysis results For dh. He Is 41. We have been married almost a year and really really Want a baby or two Together.
Chachacha -Im Soooooooo happy For you!!! Way to go!!
Welcome pix! I suggest DHEA 75 mg a day.There have been very positive studies done and Awesome results For us "older" ladies...ALL i know Is a year ago my 3 day FSH was 10. I started taking the DHEA a month ago and Last week my FSH was 8.3.

User Image

Hi all... I am turning 41 this Friday. Have been TTC for over a year. I have 2 children from previous marriage but the last one was born 15 years ago. (So its been awhile.) My DH has no children so we are actively trying with all our might. Its been a long and depressing road of BFN's! I am afraid to test for fear of seeing another one.

I should be between 8 and 11 dpo. The thing is I test positive on ovulation tests but each month when I count back 14 days from start of period, it seems I must have ovulated 2-3 days after the positive test. So I can't be sure just where I am at. But we definitely hit the window this month, so I am so hopeful... yet afraid to hope at the same time. I know you know what I mean.

Best wishes to all!

11 years ago

Oldies but goldies... Welcome to the new ladies!!

The cold hard truth is, after 40, fertility drops at the speed of light. It does not matter if you have had children before if that happened at a younger age. There have been studies and you do not get a "bonus" for that. To make matters worse, your chances to conceive at the age of 40 are significantly higher than after 42! It's almost like "it all goes downhill from there". Even if you are still ovulating, the egg quality is simply so bad that winning the lottery seems to have better odds than catching a good egg in a cycle.

Ovarian Reserve
http://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/23/

Of course, there are always some cases (I guess we all know one or two examples), where women conceived naturally beyond the age of 42. However, this is not the norm, it is rare. A good friend of mine conceived her first at 42 - just like that. A year and a half later, she conceived baby number 2. She was simply lucky.

That said, I truly believe that there are indeed things you CAN do to give those eggos a boost. Mind you, it might take a while as eggs, just like sperm, have a development cycle of about 3 months. From everything I read, there are a number of supplements you can take (I take like half a ton every day), but the two most researched ones are DHEA and CoQ10. In Italy, women over 35 get a concoction of Myo-inositol, Melatonin and Folic Acid ("Inofolic Plus") as this also seems to improve egg quality.

Inofolic:
Effect of the treatment with myo-inositol plus folic acid plus melatonin
www.europeanreview.org/article_download/780

CoQ10
Copy this and paste in Google (the first pdf is the direct link to the study)
"The use of mitochondrial nutrients to improve the
outcome of infertility treatment in older patients"

(if I post the link here, it screws up the format of our thread).

DHEA
http://www.rbej.com/content/9/1/67/

Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer, but in this process we need to face reality and the fact that statistics and nature are not really on our side.

However, this does not mean that we cannot beat the odds!! I still believe that I can do it (although I have already resorted to ART...).

Hope this helps.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hi all...I am 48 and TTC woohooo to all of older ladies!

11 years ago

Hopeful2012, most women generally get their LH surge 12-36 hours before ovulation, so you absolutely could be ovulating 2-3 days after your positive ovulation test. So your math looks spot on. Good luck!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hey everyone!!!!! Just got the results from dh sperm analysis and it came back normal. Whoop whoop!
I appreciate and understand science, and statistics and also believe we should be realistic...However.......i believe sooooo strongly in in God and who He is and that miracles happen everyday. There is nothing too big for Him including us "old chicks" conceiving and having healthy babies!!!! I do know lots of over 40 yr olds that are pg including a 48 yr old about to deliver in 3 weeks! Im glad that no matter what we all have each other to share science, facts, hope,support and miracles!!!!!!

User Image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo