Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 397 Replies | Last Page

hey young ladies for me today All the signs of AF on the way....cramps, moody, cravings....just waiting for it to start so it can be over...
I know how it feels...Everybody with babies or baby bumps!!!! People who don't even try...
I have decided to try DHEA for a few months. I have been reading on the studies done on us with "older eggs". there seems to be alot of positive results...I'm gonna give it a whirl...:) Also going to try the cassava root which is supposed to give a higher chance of twins! I say lets all have twins and show those young chicks how to do it!!!!!
Praying for you all.

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

11 years ago

Swimmon... Heehee, sounds interesting about the cassava, but I am already taking a ton of supps and not even sure if I can get cassava in pill form over here in Germany, let alone the actually vegetable. I quickly googled it a bit and wonder if this is one of those old wives' tales where there is no scientific evidence. Certainly, it prob got some nutritional value, so if you eat the actual root it can't do any harm.

angel... It's good that you have a rheumatologist and that she endorses the Wobenzyme. So sad you had another CP/mc. I think she is right - you haven't been on your meds for 2 years and the antibodies in your system are rejecting the pregnancies. It's amazing though, how you keep getting BFPs every month.

vivy... I guess it's bfn? Sucks!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Looks like I'm out, too. And maybe for good. Just got back the results of my blood work and she said it indicates that I'm not ovulating, despite the positive OPK, EWCM and feeling ovulation, she said my progesterone is just too low and my prolactin way too high to indicate ovulation.

Also, my AMH is really low, she said that could possibly also be due to the prolactin, etc., but I think it means we're too late. She's going to have the doctor call me on Monday to give me more info (I was just talking to the test results line).

I'm so very sad.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers I hope everything works out for you and your family.

I'm 41 years old and TTC #1 had a miscarriage in 2008. This is my first cycle trying to conceive again. Feels like AF is about to start today in the morning.
So this might not be my time for a BFP.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi
I am new to bbt charting etc, and at 41 am trying for my 3rd, and final bub. My hubby and I have a 5 year old girl and I have a 12 year old son from my first marriage. This is only my second month ttc after Mirena IUD removal. I had it for 4 years and it was beginning to embed, so we decided what better time to take it out and give it all we got for another wee angel.
This is the first full cycle I have charted, and it looks ok I think - please give feedback if you can have a peek. Like I said, I'm new to all of this.
I would love to follow this forum and 'meet' other older ladies going through the same hopes and ups and downs as me.
Best wishes to everyone here
Mandy

11 years ago

welcome to all the new ladies, lots of wonderful ladies here and support.

Essemkay--I am so sorry to hear your test results weren't so good. I'm not real familiar with Clomid and stuff, but can't they try you on Clomid, to see if that would help you ovulate? And then progesterone supplement to help raise your progesterone levels? You are in my thoughts and prayers With God all things are possible

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi Mandy and Holly... Welcome and good luck!

Essemkay... The results are not good, but I don't think it's the be all and end all. There are some things you can do (chlomid will not help I think, as the low AMH means low egg reserve, which is normal at our age).

There are three things that are natural and low cost, which you can try for a start:

evening primrose: take 2000mg to 3000mg per day (divide it into two to three portions) - it will help to bring down your prolactin levels and it can also increase fertile cm. Take only until O!

Vitex (agnus castus): regulates your hormones (but is not a hormone itself). You will benefit three-fold: it will help you ovulate, bring down prolactin and increase progesterone after O. This is researched and scientifically studied. Doctors prescribe it for this very purpose in Germany (in addition to reducing pms). Take daily before breakfast throughout your cycle.

Natural progesterone after O: Take prescription NATURAL progesterone (not synthetic, it will mess up your cycle). Alternatively, search for natural progesterone cream to use for after O.
Strenthening your prog levels in the luteal phase will also regulate your cycle and help balance out estrogen levels (these two hormones interact and need to be balanced out)

you can also try TCM ( acupuncture, Chinese herbs) if you have budget for it.

Babydust!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Thanks so much for the info, torontochick!

Do you know if evening primrose and vitex are safe to take while breastfeeding? One of my problems is I don't want to lower my prolactin -- at least not right away since I'm still nursing my baby and I really want to make it to a year. And if I really am out of eggs and she's my only baby, I definitely want to savor every moment of her babyhood (not that I'm not already doing that, but you know what I mean).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay... Oh, you didn't mention you were still BFing. Actually, I am surprised your Doc didn't mention this. It explains your high prolactin levels . Actually, it also explains why you are not ovulating. BFing kind of works as natural conception!! It does in fact prevent ovulation (most of the time). So, I guess you'll have to wait until she weans herself or until you are ready to wean her - that would bring your cycle back and you can then start regulating your cycle...

xo

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo