Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Toronto- Oh definitely still here and checking in. Gotta help keep rooting y'all on, and praying for any specifics needed. :) And I know not wanting to get your hopes up, but ya never know, hope you get the big "O". dang I know what you mean when things flop right at your fertile time, that has happened a few times with us. That's why I thought next cycle would probly be a bust as well, because with being in someone elses house there is no way hubby would be able to ummm..perform, lol

Swimmom- woohooo, hope those swimmers caught that eggy :) will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers as well.

AFM- as it looks with when I would normally "O" between CD 10-12, with AF starting early puts me in the time frame of a chance this cycle since the "O" may come before we go to Florida.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site this month. Hubby and I have been ttc since January when we lost our angel in the 12th week of preg. We were best friends in hs and never wanted to ruin the friendship so we never admitted our feelings. Long story short we went our separate ways and each had 2 kids with our first spouses. Our lives paralleled for 20 years( even lived within 1 mile of each other for 5 years....our oldest 2 are a month apart in age and were friends in school). Long story short we finally got married Nov 19, 2010 and are anxious to have our miracle together! I didn't chart or anything the first 5 months because I was afraid of how the disappointment would affect us after our loss! This month I charted everything!! Have made myself nuts on my 2 week wait!!! Today I'm 14dpo and have all sorts of early signs but wonder how much is in my head!!! I should have tested this morning but I'm afraid of a negative! Ugh!!!!

11 years ago

I just had a definitely positive OPK! So this means, I am back in the game. As always, I am hopeful that there may still be a chance for a natural BFP. They say that there may even be a brief period of increased fertility after an m/c, but I am not sure if my lining will be thick enough.

Need lots of prayers that I won't need another IVF!!!

Happy Friday, ladies!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Good luck, Swimmom, Torontochick and angel197088! Hopefully, this month is OUR month!!!

Welcome, Babyblues26! I totally hear ya! Until you test, you're PUPO* - good luck - hope it's BFP!!

*pregnant until proven otherwise

------

People are so weird. I uploaded a picture of my positive OPK and put "just for my records" but people voted on whether it was positive or not. Two people voted negative!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Toronto---YAAAAAY!!! will be praying hard for your BFP naturally.

Babyblues--Welcome :) I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it is so hard especially when you start thinking you are out of the danger zone, then God takes his lil angels back home. I know what you mean about doing the tests, i get that way sometimes, but then I just can't help myself and raid my stash :) Hope this is your BFP.

Essemkay--Thank you for the thoughts, We will see what happens, going to do my best to stay positive, and just relax and enjoy our vacation, so will have to get some BD'ing in before, hehehe

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi! I am 41 and have just decided along with my DH that we will TTC. I have a daughter that is 22 and a son that is 6 from previous marriages. When you are in the middle of a bad marriage it is hard to understand why God has put you there... now I am with the love of my life and have been with him for 2 years. He is 40 and never had a child of his own and we would love to have one together! After reading all of your posts it is nice to feel that I am not alone. I am having my IUD removed Monday! I have no idea what my cycle will be like since I haven't had one in years. I am nervous having past the age of 40 and it seems that all of the percentages are against us after that. I am not even sure that I'm prepared... I just thought it would either happen or wouldn't and am not familiar with half of the stuff that I've seen discussed on message boards. Anyway... the success stories and feeling of community have helped ease my nerves. Thanks for sharing ladies!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1342846800z7z28z14.png

11 years ago

Welcome happyending!! You are in the right place here to get lots of information and insights!

Angel... I am glad there is a chance for you to O before your vacay!!

AFM: Although I thought I would O on Saturday, my temp was still low on Sunday. We did not bd last night (I was exhausted), but my temps were up this morning. So, I am not sure if I am 1DPO or 2DPO, but I am def in the TWW!!!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Welcome to the wait, torontochick! Crossing my everythings for you!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

woohooo Toronto!!! saying lots of prayers for you :O)

Afm- still hanging in there and of course my plan to just let go of everything other than supplements, didn't happen I caved, lol. But will be leaving my stash here at home so no hpt testing until we get home and if I "O" when I typically do, when we get home it will be the end of my TWW. So will be on vacay starting the 4th-11th of Aug. to just get away from all stress and drama, be able to just relax and enjoy a whole wk away from everything. Just might be what I need :)

Here is a tidbit I happened across with my recurrent chemical and early m/c, going to give it a try and see what happens, and thought I would share in case it would help someone else out with a possible thin uterine lining

Femoral Artery Massage

This exercise increases blood flow to pelvic organs, providing nourishment to the uterus and ovaries. A partner may more effectively perform this massage.
Compress (by applying pressure with your fingertips) the large artery just beneath the crease in your groin between your thigh and lower abdomen. This is the femoral artery, which comes from the iliac artery. The iliac artery has branches that supply blood to the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. The ovaries have an additional Blood supply, which branches off the arterial section that supplies the kidneys.
You should be able to feel with your fingertips when the pulsation of the artery stops. Hold the pressure for 30 to 45 seconds. The blood is now backing up and increasing the pressure in the iliac arteries, forcing more blood into the pelvic arteries and flooding the pelvic organs with blood.
Release the pressure and let the blood flow normally. When the hold is released, you should feel a sensation of warmth rushing down your leg as the blood supply returns to the lower extremity.
Repeat on the opposite side. Perform this femoral artery massage sequence three times in a row, twice a day, up to ovulation (or the day before embryo transfer but not beyond).

there was also a warning to not do this if you are pregnant or think you may be.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

So I went to the dr today and had the iud removed... also bought a box of 20 fertility testers and I can see how the compulsion to test is going to be BAD! I want to try one already! I had a mc before I got pregnant with my son and when I got pregnant with him dr put me on progesterone. I asked her about it this time and she gave me a scrip and said start taking it as soon as I get a ppt.

Enjoy your vacation!!!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1342846800z7z28z14.png

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo