Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Hey Ladies!!!! I feel like I have been away from you all for a while, but it's only been a few days...

Welcome to the 2ww Toronto!!!!!
And hello to all my other 2ww buddies...how are the obsessions coming? I am a serious peestick aholic....i just keep buying and stashing...I have tests everywhere.....I need serious help... I am expecting my any day now.....I was hoping to have it over the weekend becAuse of DH birthday...but it was just waaaay toooo early!!!!!

I really wanted to share with you ladies some uplifting news I got today! I have some friends in a group for tubal reversal miracles and most of the ladies with miracle babies are over 40!!! Several that were 43, a few 45 and a 47 yr old that had natural pregnancies!!!!!! God still performs miracles!!!!!! I sat outside in the sunset and the breeze tonight and petitioned Him to bring my next child.....I saw angel wings in the sky again for 3 days straight!!!! I am already thanking Him for mine and all of your precious blessings!!!!! I am 8dpo by the time this reaches you all. I also had another T R friend who got her this last week!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Swimmom-yaaay, that is just amazing and our God is bigger than anything, and he does send us his miracles :) Many prayers going up for you

AFM-I have to say so far my stash has dwindled last mth, and haven't bought any hpt's as we are saving money for our trip to Florida. But I did cave when I wasn't going to chart or anything and was going to just take my supplements and relax. But yep that didn't last very long, I set my monitor and ready to go to start testing tomorrow. already had the test sticks for my monitor, so yep i'm doing it. On cd 5 and usually "O" around CD 10-11. so hopefully this weekend will be it. I will wait until after our vacation, and I will be at the end of my TWW and if i need to will test then :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Happy hump day, everyone!!

So, the system moved my O-day to Sunday, which puts me at 3dpo. I regret that I did not use an OPK on Saturday to see whether is was still + but now I have to assume that I probably did O on Sunday, which is a shame since we did not bd that day. Sigh. I did not really see much of EWCM but I hope that a swimmer made it to the egg anyway...

My temps are up, but a little lower as they would normally be. I hope that this does not mean low progesterone or a failing corpus luteum. I am on progesterone cream though. Of course the two teaspoons are just a drop in the bucket compared to the supps after IVF transfer...

I am planning to test on at 12dpo, maybe one day earlier if I have a feeling that it could be a +.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

This may sound crazy to all of you but my 2ww ended Friday. During the 2ww I was beyond obsessed....every time I peed I though hmmm in peeing a lot, I swear I had nausea everyday, backaches, headaches...you name it! Well still no AF and I haven't tested either. With my 19 yr old it took 4 quantitative blood tests to get a positive. I guess I'm just so afraid of that negative test! DH says he wants me to wait another week so I think he's afraid too. For now I'm sticking with PUPO......praying this really is it and AF doesn't come crash my dreams.

11 years ago

Hello all. I am 43 (will be 44 in 5 months). My DH is 37. Lots to tell, but will try to make this short.

I have been a member of this site for about 6 months now.

My husband was under the impression that he couldn't get me pregnant but about 7 months ago, he did. It resulted in a miscarriage (my second). I found out after this miscarriage that I am Rh negative, which means I was Rh negative for the first and didn't know it.

Anyhoo, we are trying again. He thinks it was a million in one chance that I got pregnant and I feel like he's humoring me in trying again. He is a great guy and he soooo didn't like seeing me in pain during the miscarriage. He also doesn't like to see the disappointment each month when I don't end up pregnant.

This (I think) is my first post on this site as I just need to talk. I am doing lots of secret stuff so he doesn't feel pressured, disappointed, etc.

I have purchased FertilAid and this will be the second month using OPKs. I'm trying to not go too overboard beyond this as I heard stress doesn't help at ALL.

This will be the first for both of us. I have regular CDs, between 27 and 31.

Anyway, just need to share with someone as I'm afraid to share with my husband.

Thank you for reading all this...thought I was going to keep it short didn't you?

11 years ago

Wow, babyblues... I would have tested ten times already... You have some strength girl. Well, if your cycle is regular and you track your o-date, then 5 days past AF is due is a pretty good indication that you are preggers!!

Welcome Petrinka... you are in the right place here for support. Once you go online and start researching and posting in forums, you will find a lot of information and help. Keep in mind that although it is possible (I am still a believer) to get pregnant naturally at this age, your chances are much lower than before the age of 40 or even 42. In addition, the risk for m/c increases by a lot. Taking supps to improve egg quality can help. I guess FertilAid is a good start. I personally would add 600 mg of CoQ10 (3x200mg).

Here is a good link on egg quality:
http://natural-fertility-info.com/increase-egg-health

OPKs are important (or a monitor) to pinpoint your fertile days.

I agree with you that "stress" is not very good. But they don't mean the POAS (peeing-on-a-stick) addictions or obsessing over BBT charts or supposed pregnancy symptoms. Unless the wish to become pregnant turns into a real obsession and stops you from your living your normal life, it is harmless. Real stress though, like serious work stress, a separation, a loss, a stressful move can mess with your cycle (the stress hormone cortisol is the culprit).

I hear what you are saying about not wanting to "stress" DH too much... Some of us also work around this by not telling our guys when we are fertile and when bd'ing really counts in order not to stress them out. :)

Hope this helps a bit.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Thank you for all the info and the welcome torontochick.

My DH and I have been living together for over 3 years so it was quite a shock that 2.5 years into it without trying or preventing I ended up pregnant.

I realized I might be (without even knowing when my last AF was) when my breasts hurt something horrible.

Now each month I think I'm pregnant because they hurt and I've come to realize that they start to hurt exactly a week prior to AF showing up.

My two sisters are both fertile to the point that their husbands just has to look at them to get pregnant. Always felt growing up that it would balance out with me.

I'm on CD2. Should get the FertilAid in a couple of days. I started using the OPKs the day I bought them last month on CD12. Dark line but not positive. I think I might be an early ovulator. I'll be starting the OPKs in about 3 days so we'll see.

I need to stop typing now...geesh.

Thank you again,
Petrinka

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I'll be 40 next month - have been TTC siince May of this year, as I had a MC with an unplanned pregnancy (7 weeks) in April.

It made DF and I want to try again ASAP (neither one of us wanted kids at all, until we met each other, so we are trying for our first one that will stick!)

My mother had me (also her first pregnancy) at 42, and my fiance's Mom had him (also her first pregnancy) at 40. Back in the 1970s, when doctors would consider that high-risk. My mom was turned away by several doctors before she found one that was wonderful. My ObGyn said that this is great; it shows that I might have good fertility in my genes, so I'm keeping fingers crossed!

I'm currently in the dreaded TWW (3DPO). Anyone else there, too? I'm trying not to obsess over every little twinge this time, as the last month was unbearable - it really felt like I was pregnant, only to have AF show up.

This time, for !!

I always said I never wanted kids, I was adamant about it - but then I met the guy of my dreams last year, and everything changed. I had been with my last guy for 11 years up until that point. Never wanted kids with him or any other guy. My late mother always said, "oh, you might change your mind if you meet the right guy someday." she died hoping for grandchildren, and I only wish she were around to see me now!

Jen

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

11 years ago

Hi Jen,

Welcome!
I am very sorry about your mom not having a chance to meet her grandchild.
I am 3dpo as well - so we are TWW buddies! :)

11 years ago

OK, here we go again!!!! Going to be starting OPK and prometrium, this time doing EPO because it can't hurt:) I'm feeling good that this will happen soon. A pastor pulled me and my husband aside at church and told us he didn't know what was going on with us, he doesn't because we haven't told people. But I feel the Lord telling me to tell you guys if you are not pregnant now you will be soon, you will have a baby of your own. Well if our socks weren't knocked off!!!! He was the pastor that married us so we have a bond with him but we did not discuss TTC with him. He also told us that God said don't give up and before him saying that I did it was just so disapointing every month, but this gave me new hope and faith. Sending out blessings to all who are tryin again!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo