Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

381 - 390 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Essemkay - you had me cracking up! I would have done the same with the progesterone. Better safe than sorry.

AFM - I have been on the progesterone since the 14th but only starting get weird cycle changes this week. My beta is on Sunday am, I get the results in the pm. Still no yet. This would make me 3 days late for my normal cycle (and 7dp5dt or 14dpo). I think my temps are rising if I go by the temp I should use per FF (not sleeping much so this throws off the readings). But not like they did with DS. Still crampy (I usually have one day of mild cramps with AF about 3-4 days before she is due - sort of a save the date notice ) CM is creamy, still mildly nauseaus (get this way with AF too), still have the throat irritation. I thought the 1WW would be much easier - NOT!

I found this NYU medical site that gives some guidance on the 5 day transfer process (http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer). Apparantly when I tested on Thurday, hCG was just starting to enter the blood stream. It wont be high enough to detect a pregnancy until Sunday (beta day). So either way, I will know something on Sunday afternoon.

Tomorrow I am going to Sesame Place (in PA) with DH and DS (who is 4) and my cousin and her twin boys (who are 4; btw she had them via her third IVF cycle at age 44 using her own eggs!). I won't be able to ride anything or sit in the pool (although I will be wading in up to my knees and getting my splash on - LOL) but I will be able to forget this waiting hell for a few hours. I will be periodically lurking but I will touch base again on Monday/Tuesday.

Thread is pretty quiet. How is everyone else doing?

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Essemkay-just made my morning, although luckily i didn't have any coffee in my mouth or it would've been all over my comp, lol. GL to you, prayers

Shanessa-I certainly hope this is it for you. praying that you get an awesome beta on Sunday :)

AFM-I am now 5 wks, still a nervous wreck but trying not to stress to much. last night had a small amt of pink tinged cm when I went to the bathroom. Never had this happen with any of my other kids, so thought maybe this lil one wasn't going to stick, but this morning i have nothing. Anyone have any experience with this and everything be ok? my ob said not to worry, that sometimes it happens and is ok, as long as it wasn't a bright red. I have a history of Placenta Previa, but it is too early for that to be the cause. So I have my first prenatal visit on Tues and they will also do a sono, for assurance that things are going good.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel, THAT IS GREAT! I am so happy for you! Keepin you in my prayers... try to stay relaxed and keep us posted on how you are feeling!

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/dpo-1342846800z7z28z14.png

11 years ago

Hi all! So happy to find a group just for us "older" moms! I'm 41 and just had my tubal reversed. AF is coming today for first time since surgery. Somebody hand me the Vicodin, PLEASE???? lol Look forward to getting to know you all!

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Welcome Red246! I'm fairly new myself, but have learned so much from these ladies. Good luck with everything! I'm 40 (and a half now) and my husband is 52 and just had a vasectomy reversal last May. This is the first time I am truly learning about my body and am very hopeful for my first child.

Good luck this week getting through AF!

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

Hi I am CBlaine48TTC - I am trying to conceive my 3rd.. both kids are adults.. go figure! I would just like to have one without the stress I had with the other 2 when I was younger and not quite ready for them. But it is hard when you have age working against you.
I am using Fertilaid for women, FertileCM, pre-seed and soft cup and I use the Fertile Focus Saliva Microscope.. I showed Full Fern for 3 days now.. according to OVC calendar I am ovulating today..
User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

User Image

11 years ago

Hey everyone! Welcome to the newbies......it's always nice to have more support for all of us "older" gals.

Angel - you are in my thoughts. Stick little one! Stick!

Shanessa - hope everything is still going well.

Essemkay - too too funny! we need laughter here!

AFM - Just finished day five on clomid yesterday, did an OPK this morning and it's there but light, so probably within the next few days. Still using the Pregnitude, Preseed and Softcups. I figure it gave me a BFP last time, even if it didn't stick. Here's hoping this month will be the one.

for everyone!!

11 years ago

Well, I thought she was coming. She still hasn't shown her ugly face. I still feel crampy this morning although not as bad as yesterday. I took a test yesterday and it was BFN. If she doesn't show today then I'll take another one tomorrow.
I really don't think I am though. We only bd'd once this month since I had surgery and it was well after O. (I always know when I O due to extreme amounts of pain.) Take that back, we did the other night trying to make her come - usually works. lol

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Hi girls, I'm pretty new to site. Im 43 and trying for 3rd with new partner, will be his first. I have been regular all my life, 29 day average and always 4 to 5 days long. Last month I had two bleeds in same month. On the day I was due AF she came but was light and only 3 days and then on day 21 had another bleed very light and 3 days. Now Im a bit all over the place as not sure when I should have ovulated. (been bd..ing every other day) If I go by my normal 29 day cycle I am 5 days late now this month. I have had loads of symptoms, bloating, headache, cramps, backache, dizziness, generally just off, sore boobs the last day or two but not very sore. I have tested and BFN and I have also been tested for menopause as my mum went through it early but all is ok there. The more BFN's I get, the more disheartened I get, the not knowing is the worst thing. Just thought I would share my story and send BABY DUST to all you over's who, like me, want baby so bad.......

User Image

11 years ago

Hey to all the new ladies! I've been missing all you "old" ladies.... showed after 3 light positive tests.....it hit me hard.....but maybe its best for a little while so i can focus on my oldest daughter....i have to admit i went for days without poas which is so not normal for me....then i got 3 pos on blue dye tests.......sigh...af heavy and cramps are real bad.....
Keeping the faith and gearing up for the next cycle...ill try to do a better job of keeping up with everyone!!!! Love and baby dust and sticky vibes to you angel!!!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo