Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Pix... Sorry for the rearing her ugly head :( I feel you - it's such a disappointment every time.

Mommy... Looked at your chart. I think it appears as if your progesterone is low. If you have experienced low post-O temps before, things that can help to get your progesterone back on track are Vitex, B6 (throughout cycle, but may take a while for them to take effect especially the Vitex) and for immediate effect, try NATURAL progesterone cream.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Pix- so sorry to hear bout the witch showing her ugly face. (((HUGS)))

Mommy-hopefully what Toronto said could be your issue, I know I use the Natural progesterone cream and I love it.

Afm- hanging in there trying not to get my hopes up, as I am now 11 dpo, and seeing a very faint line on wondfo test strips. My son was actually able to see it today. so dunno if I am just seeing things or what, so just kinda keeping it to myself for now. But also having lots of symptoms, especially nauseau.

here is the link to my test today, tell me what y'all think, plz:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test38434

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Sorry to hear that Pix, and I am with you. AF started today too for me, disappointed. Every time I think I want to give up I say just one more time, it can be exhausting. Prayers to everyone that still has the hope going this month.

11 years ago

Thank you Torontochick for checking out my chart. I have tried vitex...made me O later and i already O late Tried b-6 and it made my cycle too long with O later. Tried progesterone cream a couple cycles back and it made af start on 9dpo! I'm so frustrated! Nothing seems to work for me. I'm taking coq10, tried robitussin this cycle and it was actually the only thing that has worked! That gave me my hope back but now my temps are just terrible
Does anyone know why progesterone cream would make af come earlier? I still have almost a full box left

11 years ago

Mommy, I think with all this stuff, it does not work right away... it needs to be in your system for a bit like 2-3 months to become effective. O'ing later is not the worst thing. What is important is that your LP is at least 10 days long, better are 11-12 days and the temps (that is progesterone) are high enough to support a potential pregnancy. With Vitex, it takes about 3 months before the cycle starts regulating. It not only supports progesterone, but also decreases prolactine levels. If those are too high, you can't get preggers either.
Why your period came after nine days - who knows. Maybe it was just the body adjusting. But to me this sounds like Corpus Luteum failure or insufficiency...

Have you had bloodwork done?? Like the kind where they take your CD3 hormone levels, CD7 and then again progesterone on CD21 or mid-LP?

AFM: I have a feeling that I could be ovulating soon. My OPKs are still negative (I hate those things, I do better with the monitor as it uses FMU). The problem is, I drink so much during the day that my urin seems too diluted (line is very faint/thin). I have tried limiting my fluid intake after lunch and then POAS in the aft, but it doesn't work so well. Not sure what's a good time to test.

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Well things aren't looking to good here for this cycle, the last 2 days I thought I was getting something faint on test sticks, but this morning, temp dropped from 98 to 97.1 and have started spotting, so for some reason seems like AF is showing almost a few days early, ugghhhh. so just at the point now, not ready to really give up, but really wondering that maybe this just isn't meant to be, but will be taking a break next cycle because of our vacation to Florida and maybe one more time after that.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Trying to conceive is just so frustrating all around, isn't it? So sorry, angel197088. Hopefully the temperature thing is just a fluke and the spotting not a precursor to AF.

AFM, I decided this month to start with the BDing when my OPKs are almost positive instead of waiting for a positive -- but my plan went awry as my husband had a heat rash and was too uncomfortable (it wasn't ON his manly bits, so I told him to just suck it up LOL!). Anyway, it's positive today so I told him he better psych himself up 'cause rash or no rash, tonight it's business time! :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay--i just got a good giggle over the rash, guys have to be in the right mode I guess. my hubby is the same way, if he is too tired, or stressed forget it. Thats why with my hubby I can't even let him know when I am fertile or he gets all stressed and says I am putting to much pressure on him.
I am pretty sure that this is the witch showing her face a few days early for w/e reason, I woke up with a killer migraine, drastic temp drop, then the spotting. and this is usually how AF starts spotting the first day, then hits me hard for the next 2-3 days, ugghhh

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

So sorry pix. ......
Angel-i know how you feel.....i get the same symptoms and i don't want to Give up....
Essemkay-i have to say the rash thing gave me a little giggle too. Jump on that man tonight!!!!!!! Because i am out of town we only bd 3 times this cycle...but it was right before and right after pos opk.
I am 5 dpo and have every pg symptom.....my temp is up but not as high as it was last cycle at this time...? I am using progesterone
cream also..
Praying for us all!!!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

essemkay... Hope you got your hubby yesterday :) Funny thing about the rash... The problem with my DBF is... only little things can "throw him off his game" and then he can't come (sorry, TMI). It's not a biggy when I'm not fertile, but it happened before on fertile days in it always made me pretty anxious.

swimmom... Crossing my fingers and toes for you this cycle!!

Angel... I hope you will keep checking in!!!

AFM: I had a nearly-positive OPK yesterday and currently I have a feeling that I may be ovulating. Hope that is it! Unfortunately, we only did it once or twice since the D&C and I am not sure how this will affect sperm quality. Anyway, I never give up hope and should this be another BFN, at least I can move on to my last IVF attempt.

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo