Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 397 Replies | Last Page

hi angel, it has always amazed me how some people have such strong opinions on other peoples family/fertility. It truly is up to the family and God never makes mistakes, so if we have 1 or 12 babies they are all miracles and have a purpose and are a blessing. Anyhoo....I need help ladies. I told myself that I would "chill" this cycle and not get so worked up. I all but forced dh to drink a strong cup of coffee (supposed to jump start boy sperm) before I would with him last night, then at the last minute, after doing another opk, cancelled the altogether to wait until today. I have no idea where i got this notion, i'm sure from one of the 10,000 web pages i have read, but really? It doesn't matter to me if we have a boy or a girl, or both. I think it's the rasberry tea that is making me crazy. Or the lack of coffee myself. I gave up coffee on this cycle and it's got me batty. Pleas pray I O soon. Last cycle was on day 15 so I don't know why I am jumping the gun. Just don't want to miss it.
My birthday is Thursday :). Awesome bday present i'm just sayin.

Blessings to you all and hope you are not obsessing as much as i am. looking forward to some bfp's very soon!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

you are absolutely right Swimmom and that is how I feel. If it is in God's plan for us it will happen, atleast that is how I see it and believe.

Heck I can't even let hubby know when i get a pos opk or the reading on my monitor (which just started this cycle) or he is too pressured and might as well forget any lol.

Hang in there hun, it is probly because of the excitement of it coinciding with your bday, and I would probly say also the lack of coffee. Coffee is one thing I just can't give up or I would be a ragged mess, lol. I know I am in high gear because I'm really liking the idea of the timing of a BFP for an anniversary present :)

Do any of y'all have any experience with the Clear blue fertility monitor? This is my first cycle with it, so I am still using my CB digi opks as back up. last night I got a + opk, yesterday morning monitor reading was still low, and this morning high. Which should I go by? yesterday and today, I am having some serious "O" pain so something is going on. my temp dipped a bit today.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

angel- i was just reading about opk's and when you have the LH surge, and how soon after a pos opk you actually ovulate.....So from what I understand you ovulate several hours-the next day after you get a positive opk. Not sure if that helps or not. Geez, I have always taken ovulating for granted......not any more.
According to my darkening opk's, i will probably get a pos opk this afternoon! last night, and according to dr. we need to go every other day...I'm wigging out a little bit....I don't want to miss it, but i want to follow orders.....so that means i have to wait to again tomorrow, but supposedly sperm stays alive for a few days, so if there was enough little swimmers last night, I should be ok...right? I sooo want to have a bfp for fathers day! We won't tell anyone else until we are 12 weeks however.....I CAN'T WAIT!! Ok, yes I can wait on you God, as YOU know better than me. Amen.

User Image

I hear ya, I think I have done so much reading on ovulating and charting, that I could probably write a book. Always just took it for granted and never paid much attention to it. So just going to wait and see what my temps do in the next couple days.

I have read that if you have a good quality EWCM the swimmers can live up to 5 days. Just to make sure I also use Preseed, it is really good, and helps give those swimmers an extra boost. so you should be good. Good Luck, hun, hope you get that +opk and get him tomorrow :)

That's about the same here with telling others, don't think I could handle jumping the gun telling close friends and family to have to go around telling them something happened. So this time around, I'm going to try really hard not to poas until I am late, and we are going to wait as well.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

hi all, so good to see you all here!

i'm 40 (41 in october) currently have 3 children between us, ages 11 ad two 7 year olds.

we decided last year to have the coil removed (copper) ad have been trying ever since, this is cycle number 7.

last cycle was unfortunately a chemical cycle, but onwards and upwards. have a serious lack of PMA this cycle, currently 5dpo and felt "out" since cycle day 5!
good luck to all and i await all your replies!

11 years ago

hi isittoolate- its not over till the shows! but I know how you feel. I have been feeling so "in" my last 2 cycles so my last really stunk especially since I was 4 days late! and my temps stayed up! I am 1dpo today and feeling so in!!!!! Praying for everyone. xoxoxo

User Image

good luck to you hunnie xx i hope your positivity leads to some serious positives!!

11 years ago

Hi guys. I am 41and my husband is 47. I am currently 9dpo and I am going crazy. We conceived in Dec., of last year but it ended in m/c in March at 13 weeks. I am so glad to see other women in their 40's who have not given up hope. In fact there is a lady on the Fertility Friend website who has conceived at 49. Never give up ladies. We will get our big fat positive.

Angel baby girl. 3/22/12.

11 years ago

hi i new to this site i am 43 i had my tubel reversal 3 months ago i just wont to tell u ladies lots of baby dust and good luck to us all may god bless us all with i need and wonts i will

11 years ago

Hi swimmom just joined this site today. I am 40 and have been trying for alittle over a year. I am taking coq10, wheatgrass, maca and royal jelly. I hope my baby days are not over! I am currently about 5-6 dpo and trying not to symptom spot.......never works lol

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo