Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one!

View Full Post

I am 42, ttc and wondering if there are any other ladies out there wanting to share their journey. Doesn't -matter if it's your first or your 8th, would love to cycle with you! I am using opk, pre-seed, maca, and other vitamins. Have been told I have border line fsh and not much time! On cycle 2 ttc after a TR in March. Sent my bbt chart to Dr. and was told I was bd-ing too much! whoops! Will cut back this cycle. I am on cd2 and super excited for this round!

User Image

397 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 397 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies...AF came hard and strong today....started spotting yesturday, but was hoping late implantation....nope....I really really really thought i was pregnant this time...boobs were so sore and they are never sore! Sending my chart to my dr. tomorrow to see what he wants to do next. I am hoping for and hsg to check if my tubes are open. I have been ovulating according to opk and we are bding at all the right times...I keep praying for God's timing so I need to be more patient, I am not going to order anymore tests online....I'm really not, I know no one believes me but i'm not.... I think I'm tested out....I'm seriouslyl going to wait this time...I always O on cd 14, 15, or 16 so I'm only going to opk those days instead of 10-16..that should cut down for me since i was testing 3 times a day....lol...Oh ladies I was praying for someone at least one more BFP this month!!!! Praying for you all...I've taken a hit, but I'll be back up tomorrow. xoxoxo

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

So sorry to hear that the witch showed up, essemkay and swimmom... :(
Double boo about the fact that you can't use your insurance for the tests now, essem. This is just unfair. What meds were you planning on? Did you think about low-FSH stims and a HCG trigger and then bd or IUI? I've been thinking about this possibility, too, since I produce very few eggs with IVF... I have to talk to my RE.

Swimmom, I hope your doc has some answers and comes back with a plan for you.

AFM: I am joining your club. Although the witch is not here yet, I know she is imminent. I most definitely do not need to test. I know my body too well. All signs point to BFN. I know it's going to be tomorrow or Thursday, without the progesterone, she would have likely arrived today. LE SIGH.

I am pretty down about it. But I will call the REs office and see if I can schedule an appt. to talk about my last attempt at IVF with my own eggs...

hugs,
Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Hey all Iam 40 and just had a post tubal ligation reversal in June ... was a success but due to age the % of conceiving is only 50%....so this is our first month of ttc...Iam all hyped up and anxious at the same time...Iam now 3dpo..i think! but not sure....and i feel a bit crampy could it possibly be? I will let you know.

11 years ago

Leeanne... welcome to our group!! I guess you mean a 5% chance?

babydust!

Claudia

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

torontochick, I discussed doing gonal-f or follistim with a trigger shot and TI with the RE. He was really pushing for IUI, but since I don't think I can get my husband to agree to IUI, especially at $1,600 a shot plus meds for a 8-12% chance, he said we can try that. Actually, I suggested femara and a trigger shot, but he said he really doesn't like it for old, ovulating women like me (he didn't use those words LOL - he said he only likes it for overweight women, young women who don't ovulate and women with PCOS) and for me, he suggests adding FSH instead of tricking my body into producing it. I was sort of hoping he'd suggest menopur, because I have lots of that left over - although it's all expired, but he said I responded too well to that and he doesn't think it's a good fit for IUI for me. I may be able to talk him into a lower dose.

It's so frustrating to already be up against the clock and then have to wait more. Darn bad timing!

I also think I'm going to give up on the opks this month. I already know that I ovulate and when. I think it stresses my husband out to see the little strips, so this month I'm just going to coincidentally help the mood along on the days I know are best. I also have some old expired progesterone, maybe I'll throw some of that up there and see if I can get this stupid short luteal phase to 12 days at least. :D

Welcome, leeanne72! Fifty percent is FABULOUS odds! Good luck!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hello ladies. I am 41 and on cd3. I have one DS and my DH and I have been ttc#2 for a few years now. We have done two IVF cycles, both times resulting in Chem pregnancy. I am going for a FET this cycle. The IVF cycles take so much out of me. If the FET is not successful we will revert back to trying naturally. I decided to start posting this cycle becuase it is alot easier to "talk" with other ladies going through the nightmare of ttc. I am an obsessor. My DH has taken the approach of it will happen if it was meant to be. True, but I need to analyze every second of it "happening". LOL
Vanessa

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Welcome Leeanne and Shaneesa! You've come to the right place for moral support! We all understand the ups and downs and it really does help to commiserate.

I finally got a positive dark opk this morning! And we have been bd'ing as suggested. Will continue tonight and for the next two days. I'm hoping this will be our month. Good luck to everyone for next month. Sorry about the Swimmom, Essemkay, and Toronto....but your times will come....

11 years ago

Welcome Vanessa!

Essemkay... Follistim and timed IC seems like a very smart approach, particularly if DH's swimmers are still perfect. I have actually read a number or articles that speak about the advantages of exactly this kind of "protocol" for older women.

I've already progressed much further this afternoon as I thought I would. I had called the clinic this morning and they didn't really wanted to give me a late-afternoon appointment (they reserve those for new patients) and their opening hours are very inconvenient for the working people among us. So finally she agreed to talk to the RE and he called me back this afternoon. In a brief call we discussed everything like protocol, meds and start... I asked him to try an EPP antagonist instead of BCP and long lupron. He agreed. He is going to send me the plan and the prescription and all I have to do is order my meds and wait for my next ovulation. Then count the days, start with the patches and there we go... If all goes well, I should start stimming around Aug 30!

Even though I am depressed about my BFP, this gives me new hope. However, DBF will be hurting as it's his money we are spending and I think it may bother him more than he is willing to admit. I know he would love a biological child but it comes at a high price...

xo

11 years ago

Wow, that's so exciting, torontochick! Good luck!!! Please keep us informed of how it goes. I've heard that a lot of people are having great success with the EPP.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Haven't really had time to completely read through atm to catch up been busy with getting ready for our vacation and planning son's grad party.

Essemkay and swimmom- so sorry to hear about the witch rearing her ugly head :( will continue to keep y'all in my prayers.

Toronto-sorry to hear about your BFN :( But your treatment plan sounds exciting. will have you in my prayers that this works for you

Welcome to the new ladies joining us, glad to have more on this journey with us :)

AFM- I am completely confused, and not sure whether I am seeing things or what, but I have been really nauseous for the last several days, monitor has been at high for 5 days now (no peak) and my temps are all over the place. thought I just had a tummy bug or something, but today out of curiousity I used my only hpt that I have here, and I swear I am seeing a faint second line. If y'all remember AF showed early on the 19th but was light and spotty for about 3 days. if this is my BFP, I have no clue when ????? plz if y'all could take a peek and tell me if I am losing it and seeing things???

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test42032

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo