Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Stick baby stick!

User Image

12 years ago

Wohhhooooo Lisserb!!! :) Love that picture!

Welcome Maece!! :)

Good morning 70s girls!!

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey everyone!!

@lisserb -- wwwwwwwwwwooooowwww look at that color on that line!!!! Nice job!!

@hopefulat40 -- when do you plan to test? or are you going to hold out?

@ttc@41 -- good luck at your appt tomorrow, I pray everything happened on its own. I was SO happy that I didn't have to have another D&C with this last mc in December... that procedure really messed up my cycles for a long while.

@MM -- wow, a whole month out of town?? geez I cringe at the thought of business travel for more than 2 days!

Welcome to the new ladies!! @maece @esperanza @sloppysayer and anyone else I may have missed

AFM... I'm on CD23, not sure when/if I O'd (not tracking) so I can't call the "dpo" felt kinda PMSish yesterday so I'm thinking may come early again like last month. I'd been having 29day cycles (give or take) but I had a 26day cycle after my last mc in Dec. So, we shall see...

Until then,
to everyone!!

User Image

12 years ago

Hello, everyone! CD 15 and I am ovulating. BD two mornings ago, kmfx. Meeting dh in about 12 hours so dtd then, as well.

I can't wait to see him!

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I read this thread and had to join in to give some support.

I'm 34 DH is 43 and we just concieved #2. 6wks today. After getting off Depo last May my doc said i may not have been ovulating and prescribed Clomid, which i bought but never used. i tried Vitex instead for the first time and ovulated, but I think because i didn't quite understand how and when in my cycle I should use the Vitex, there was no BFP in december, but I found the soy thread and was inspired by Esparanza and another lady (Knicole) story that I decided to try Soy in January (Spring Valley brand from walmart $6).
Once again my doc prescribed clomid, which i bought but never used. I used the soy instead and praise God it helped. I had a strong O, I actually felt it and got a positive OPK. this was my first time trying soy.

this is what I used last cycle:

1 baby aspirin every day
1 prenatal every day
1 red raspberry leaf capsule every day
soy isoflavones CD4 & 5 80mg, CD6 120mg, CD7 & 8 160mg
1 B50 complex every few days.

my suspected O day was 1/18 and had a on 2/2 if i remember correctly

hope this helps

lost of baby dust and sticky vibes ladies

with him all things are possible, his grace is sufficient for me

12 years ago

Hi Talless....Congratulations and thank you for sharing!! :)

Well, my temps are down... 2nd day in a row...so, I am on to next month - (sigh)

But next month, HERE I COME! :D I suppose I just have to get more proficient at baby making... ;)

Hope the weekend is finding everyone smiling and relaxing with family! Gonna go get my morning coffee!

T

"The things we have to work for the hardest are the very best...."

I have a question.

We have been ttc since December 2011 (CD 24 of 28 so not really ttc, just practicing :-). That means we used condoms up until that point.

Last cycle, I noticed aching and persistent ovary/ovulation type pain and twinges from O day through just before my CD 35 mc.

This cycle, I am experiencing the same thing so far! This time ever since dh and I bd'd the morning of my LH surge.

I am wondering if this is related to male hormones or yet another new weird thing my body does as I get older? I have never had this achiness and persistence of cramps/aches/whatever before.

Anybody else know wth I am talking about?

Thanks!
MM

12 years ago

Good Morning to the 70's ladies! :)

I woke up to 6 inches of snow...it's cold!! But the coffee is warm -

MM - I have had a lot of new things occur with my new 40 yo body! But still getting to know it as I chart temps and pay attention to everything I am telling me ;). I will keep a look out and let you know!

My temps keep dropping, AF came. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed! I just hope I can have another baby...makes me crazy to think I am too old! So I will do it all again next month!

I will relax and I will love madly!

xxoo T

How's everyone doing?
and

Hello everyone!! Just checking in...

@hopefulat40 -- I LOVE this -> "I will relax and I will love madly!" YOU GO GIRL! I'm sure your BFP will happen soon!!

I haven't really experienced any achy ovary sensations... though I've purposely ignored any symptoms that I've been having this cycle. One thing I've learned about my body over this TTC journey is not to take any twinges or anything for more than what they are. I've had them and NOT been pregnant, and I've had then and been pregnant. Until I see a I can't assume anything ... unfortunate, but my body tends to play little dirty tricks on me so that is the best method in order to retain my sanity.

to everyone!

User Image

12 years ago

Thanks, ladies!

I have finally figured out that my body will simply do and be whatever it wants and that I am along for the ride as it morphs yet again into a more 'mature' model.

I have also decided not to chart this month. I am too busy; this is a welcome change from last month when I noticed every twinge. I just want to be surprised when AF does or does not show up.

MM

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo