Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Me! I am!

I am just starting my second month ttc. AF finally showed up 6 days late after a lot of BFNs and one faint BFP.

We are pretty excited as everything seems to be working well. Just waiting for a viable catch.

I am on CD 2. Where are you?

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Hi Mountainmama!! So glad to see there are others!! :) I am on CD11...and keeping my fingers crossed! I have two wonderful children who are older - but hoping for one more! :) Seems tougher certainly as I am older, and drs seem to be toughter too. Any hints or ideas you've heard from others?

12 years ago • Post starter

Both my dr and my mother are telling me to slow down, as I live a very busy life of work-related travel. They also both tell me I will need to prioritize this pregnancy at my age.

My dr had fertility treatments in her early 40s to conceive so I am listening to her carefully. However both doc and mom feel confident about our conception chances.

So, my list of to dos are:

Eat well.
Exercise.
Reduce stress.
Prioritize this time in my life.

So, that is what I am doing, with great support from dh.

Hope that helps!

Edit: also, unfortunately I am quite ignorant about all these "newfangled" things women are doing today to conceive such as mucinex, soy, clomid, etc. So I am not help there! Hopefully someone will join us who knows more?

My doc did mention she'd like me to get baseline bloodwork done just to rule out any hormonal issues now instead of 6 months from now when I'm even older,

12 years ago

I am in the exact same boat! I work, travel and everyone is telling me to slow down... I am prioritizing the pregnancy but I have to work. ;)

I have had some baseline bloodwork and told to go try! So, fingers crossed. Let's keep in touch MountainMama - nice to know I have a buddy so close to our situation.

This is my week, I believe to ovulate - so we'll see - I'll keep you posted, and please you do the same! :)

Baby dust lady!

Wow, we're ttc twins. We stopped bc in December, however it was a week before AF was due. We were finally on the same continent!

I feel your "need to work" pain but figure this will just help me be a better delegator. :)

Speaking of which, I am 8 hours ahead of my usual timezone so I had better go to bed now.

KMFX for your O this week!

12 years ago

hi! I'm 38 (and a half) and trying for number 2. DD is 13 months...we have been trying for about 6 months now with no luck. I had an HSG done last week and there were no problems noted there. Having a progesterone test this Friday...keep your fingers crossed. What has your journey been?

12 years ago

Welcome nmhatl! It's great to have more of us.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you this cycle.

12 years ago

Hi I am 40 and ttc my second one. I have a beautiful 15 month old daughter. We have been working on this baby for 3 months now and still no luck. I will do a hpt on the 13th to see if I have BFP. Keeping my fingers crossed

12 years ago

I'm not quite 38...I'll be 37 in July. TTC #2 for over 5 years. We've moved on to fertility treatments, and I'm in the TWW of my fourth and final IUI. If this one isn't it, then we will do an IVF hopefully before fall.

Can I play too?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Hi there Nmhatl, Lisserb, and Mexital71!!! :)

We can do it.... I love to see so many of us!!! I'm on 1DPO...thinking positive and hoping with all my heart! My fingers are crossed for all of you and baby dust to you!

I see were close to the same cycle as mountainmama and I....We're "journeying" it together ladies! Keep each other informed and hold on to the support! This is harder than I ever imagined... :)

Love madly and enjoy every bit!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo