Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Welcome, Welcome Angel and Harper! :)

TTC - Positive??? :)

Hi ladies!!

Well, possibly 6 dpo...Remember I am trying to relax about ttc ;) Feeling pretty good today! No symptoms yet of course - but normally crampy around this timeframe per dpo. Now that I know my body more as I get older... (and wiser) lol.

I did have a very interesting thing happen on Sunday though - but I didn't admit it to myself. We were at a restuarant and the smell was awful! I kept looking around wondering if anyone else could smell it??? I was cracking myself up!! All I could think of was, "please, please don't bring me a dish that smells that way!" Lastly, I am taking the dha supplement with my prenatals - and I could barely do it yesterday. They smelled too fishy to me. (Yes I know they are). :D

So things that make you go hmmm....

Fingers crossed, for all of us! :)

T

12 years ago • Post starter

OMG... you ladies are really on a roll here. Congrats Paradise on your BFP. This is amazing news. With that much positive spirit, my IVF cycle #3 must be the charm :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Good Afternoon Ladies!

@paradise :: Let me preface - I'm actually not sure of my dpo, because I wasn't tracking. I just took a best guess :-)
So, I was about to give up hope on those faint lines at "13 and 14 dpo" (tested w/FRER), and then late in the day on 14dpo I had some strange twinges that prompted me to test again at 15dpo. That morning I got the standard BFP with an Answer HPT. So far, so good. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow.

@ttc@41 :: ooooooooooooh I'm praying really hard for you that this one sticks!!!!

Welcome to all of the new ladies!!
to you all!!

User Image

12 years ago

Nothing to report today..the midwife got called to a birth so they rescheduled for tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Thanks DestinyStarr, I too am not totally sure of my DPO but I am thinking it is right about 15 today and that is if I ovulated when I got the positive although those ovulation tests say you dont actually ovulate until around 24 to 36 hours after you get a positive so if that is the case, then I am actually not even 15 dpo yet. Anyways, my update is promising. I went in for another blood test to check my quant levels and it had went from 30 Friday to 124 yesterday (Tuesday). The doc says that is great for where I am at but I am still nervous because I am still not getting dark lines on my pregnancy tests. I have been using the first response, Answer and Dollar Tree brands. The first response and Answer tests give me a very good descent line although they still aren't as dark as control line but the Dollar Tree test is really freaking me out because it is still very light, although I can definitely see it. If my numbers are at 124 now, shouldn't those test lines be just as dark as the control lines by now? I am still so afraid of a chemcal waiting to happen. Am I just stressing for no reason?

Paradise

12 years ago

@ paradise: I so feel ya!! I had a chem in Jan/Feb (crossed over the end of Jan) I'm scared to death too!! I do find w/ the dollar store test (because I've done 4!! in the last 48 hours that they do come up right away but take about 15 minutes to truly develop all their color. the last 2 of mine were lighter at 3-5 minutes but by the end of 15, they were both darker than the control line. There's info on peeonastick.com too!!

AFM: Had my appt today & my confirming pee test. Met one of the 3 midwives on staff (love that!!) convinced her to order the blood test, she wanted to wait until 7 weeks but conceded w/ my history that it wasn't a bad idea. I'll hopefully get those 3's tomorrow & a follow up draw hopefully too Friday or Saturday. Not feeling a whole lot right now, which always makes me nervous!!!!

Cheers ladies!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

@paradise :: No stress honey!! Lines are LINES! I've read that the intensity of the line cannot always be used as a good measure. Each HPT has differing sensitivity levels and amounts of dye --- so I'd strongly rely on those betas! They are sounding GOOD!!! When I had my chemical, my HcG was a whopping 25. So, I think a jump from 30 to 124 is VERY promising for where you are in your cycle! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

@aireising :: to you!! Can't wait to hear about your results!!

User Image

12 years ago

11 dpo, broke down and tested this morning but there was only one line. I know the TWW isn't up yet but not feeling too hopeful about this cycle now.

Congtats to the BFP's.

12 years ago

Hi all,

Hopeful: oh wow, the mysterious icky smells. I remember when I was pregnant with my son it constantly smelled like someone was cooking tomato sauce but the onions and garlic were so strong. It may not sound gross but it made me nauseous. Good luck!

Paradise: Congratulations! Try not to stress, if the doc says that 30 to 124 is great (easier said than done, I know). Dollar tree sells HPTs? I had bought generic OPKs that never gave me a dark line last month, gonna get the expensive ones this month.

airiesing: Good for you convincing the midwife to order the blood test. Good luck.

torontochick: Hmm, I think we have CoQ10 in the house for my husband (he gets migraines). I may have to take some.

doestate: Welcome! I can't say that I've had those symptoms. I was pretty oblivious the first time I was pregnant (up until the point where AF was due and never showed).

harper37: Welcome! And good luck!

angel197088: Welcome! 41 with an 11 months thanks for bringing some HOPE. Good luck.

AFM: So much for my TWW. showed up today:(. I was expecting her on Friday. I never poas. I can't figure out when I O'd. Ugh. Any tips you all have are welcome.

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Hey there ladies.

Paradise: I just use the same brand and compare the tests from 2 days earlier. The other thing is they are not all equal they are just measuring the presence of bhcg not the amount so much. I understand the most accurate measurement is blood tests which should double every 2 or 3 days. Most test won't be the same colour as the test line till the levels are in the thousands. It's hard not to feel worried but your numbers sound good.

Afm: well I am 13dpo tests are no longer squinters so no doubt I am pregnant especially now that it is showing up at about 2 mins. More importantly I feel like I have been run over by a bus, I feel sick and I am peeing like crazy. So far so good. Looking forward to time passing as quickly as possible so I can know that everything is normal.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo