Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

281 - 290 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Favorite day of the week: fertility acupuncture day!

I also did a beta hCG and progesterone test this morning which should come back later today.

I am 10dpo and "expecting" AF Sunday, this (shortened) cycle. I am still getting strong physical symptoms.

I hope all are doing well. KMFX for a lot of BFPs for the fine vintage ladies this cycle.

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

11 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have been really busy and extremely tired so have only managed to read but not add. I hope you are all well and hope that we get some BFPs soon, sorry no personals :-(

Well I had spotting in the weekend which totally freaked me out, so I had a scan and bloods this week. The scan was ok with a sac that measured acurately but still too early to see anything in there. I had bloods the next day which was a shock at 13300, the next draw was today and that was 20100, so fingers crossed that this may be a lasting pregnancy. Still early days but I am cautiously optimistic...

Justine

User Image

11 years ago

Hey ladies! I'm gonna skip the personals 'cause I'm wiped! Nausea has me on the couch the majority of the day these days...

Had my 1st scan today! And..............it maybe, might could be twins!!! The doc is not sure 1 sack is viable but the other measures to date & has a heart rate at 115 (6 weeks 3 days) on the low end but normal at this stage.

I'm supposed to go back in a week & see what changes there are.

I'm feeling mixed right now...excited at the prospect but scared & apprehensive physically, not to mention financially. I worry too for the LO that does seem to be doing ok. If the other isn't going to make it, I don't want it to lesson the "good one's" chances.

Otherwise, I'm doing well. back to obsessing for another week!

Cheers!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

11 years ago

That's a lot of excitement, ttc@41 and Aireising. HH9 months to you both!

Aireising, you might try a little ginger tea (made with fresh ginger, no more than 1gram per day) to knockout the nausea.

Justine, hang in there. I will be thinking sticky thoughts your way.

AFM, my progesterone has gone up since 7dpo. Today, -4 until AF, it is 17.4 ng/mL from 13.2. CD3 progesterone is <0.5 ng/mL. However, I had a negative serum hcg test. (<5 mIU/mL)

While I certainly feel strongly that I am pregnant from everything I am going through physically, I will not be too disappointed now if AF rears her head on Sunday. KMFX!

MM

11 years ago

Good Morning Ladies! I think I am still waiting on the big "O". I had a +digital opk, on cd 6 and temp spike, but thinking it might of been a fluke or since I tried soy isoflavones this cycle, it may have caused a false +? My temps didn't confirm "O".

Well I'm on CD 11, temp just dipped this morning, lines are showing on digi opk but still -. so hopefully soon, been trying to stay busy and not obsess so much this cycle. and of course been every other day, atleast trying to, with hubby being tired when he gets home from work, or trying to dtd around the kids schedules with all their sports activities. Its getting interesting. hoping we catch an eggie this time.

To the others Congrats on your BFP's and as the other ladies said, it doesn't bother me at all, or hurt, it actually is nice to share in your happiness and see there is hope still irregardless of what we have been through :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone!! I'm 43 and we are TTC for #2! I started all the fertility "stuff" back in 2008 and it did not agree with me. We finally decided to go my route...natural. We started acupuncture and my first cycle we got pregnant. I have a beautiful daughter who is almost 3! :)

We got pregnant again in December and I lost the baby at the end of February. We are pretty sure it had to do with my thyroid level. It was around 7.5 when I lost the baby.

I got an endo on board, and now my thyroid is down to 0.824!!! AF is leaving the building as we speak, so I'm gearing up for next week! ;)

I am sending wishes of lots and lots of posts of pregnancy to us "older" gals!!!

11 years ago

KMFX for you, MommyMayer and welcome!

MM

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

went MIA for a few days as there was nothing to post being on BCPs and all. I see all the preggo ladies are still going strong - YAY!!!

I also some news, not as exciting as a BFP, but some news. AF reared her head yesterday so I went to get my baseline appt this morning at the RE's office. U/s showed no cysts and he saw some follicles (I had hoped for a few more, but he said it's too early to see or say anything about how the cycle will go.)

In any case, the important thing is that I got the go ahead and so I will start the injectables on Sunday. My next u/s is on April 30 and then we will see if we got some good eggs for retrieval. If all goes well, I should be in the 2WW starting around May 3...

Keep the good news coming ladies!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago

Just checking in on you ladies... hope all is well!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies!!! :) Happy Monday Morning to you all!!

Ariesing...Wow! That's phenomenal - my fingers are crossed!

TTC41..Thinking of you, I know that's scary - but things are looking good!

MMama...any news?

Torontochick...fingers crossed for May 3...:) Sticky vibes!

Destiny...Oh hi lady! :) How's baby? And Moma doing?

Mommymayer.. Welcome!:)

Angel...hope ovulation day was a perfect success!

Phew, I think I hit all of us fine ladies, if I didn't - my apologies!

All is well here! No obsessing this month. Just letting me rest a bit - I think I will obsess every other month...lol! Read some great articles on green tea though, apparently helps with fertility. I like warm drinks so I did add that to my choice of beverages! Other than that, my drive was up ;) so I must have been ovulating this weekend. Fingers crossed that relaxation and hubby focus is where it's at..

xxoo great week to everyone!

T

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo