Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies,

I am still lurking and reading all your great posts! The witch had caught up with me and I was just a ball of hormones for the past few days. I will start my third attempt at "outside intervention" after it just doesn't seem to be working naturally. My clock is ticking very loud as I am turning 43 in July... :(

I am starting BCPs tonight (for the first time in 15 years) and it's a strange feeling that for the next cycle, there won't be temping or POAS... I will be on BCPs for 3 weeks and start my IVF cycle off BCPs... My next TWW will not start until the beginning of May!

I am looking forward to seeing some BFPs here... It gives me lots of hope and keeps my spirits up to see that it is indeed stilll possible for us to conceive... :)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Hi. I will be 38 in April. I would love to be a part of this forum. I have two beautiful young adults DS 22 and DD 20. Neither one are my husband, so this would be his first child, but they are.

Anyway, we have been trying for two years on and off. We recently stared back in November. We have both claimed that this is our year.

I am to start AF on the 28th and I hope she doesn't show up.

GL to us all.

12 years ago

Hopeful: Have fun in the *disco* this week!!!

Toronto: I can only sympathize with you about the BCPs, I only tried them once in my life for regularity issues & they screwed me up even worse...but that was almost 20years ago, I'm sure there are improvements since then! Anyway, there's light at the end of the tunnel for you & that anyway

Welcome Val! always great to see a new "face" and keep this thread a goin'!

AFM: 7dpo & still not much...a bb pinch here & there, vaguely achey pelvis and still *maybe* increase sense smell. Did have a quick pinch like cramp this morning after a BD. Nothing real convincing

Cheers ladies!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Toronto - My RE gave me a Rx for BCP on Thurs... my eyes almost crossed looking at it. But it is what it is. BCP have the worst affect on my mood. But I told DH, that's just a preview to the wicked-ness I expect from the IVF shots.

Best of luck to you, Sweetie. This is #1 for me - both baby and IVF. Hoping for a one shot miracle... and a 2-fer if Im really lucky. :-)

Est. Transfer late April/early May!!!!

User Image

12 years ago

airiesing... Thanks for the good wishes... One down, 20 more to go :-)

ladyluck2012... We will cycle buddies then, yeah!! May estimated ER will also be late April/early May!! (It all depends on when AF shows after the BCPs and the Lupron depot shot)...

I've been on CTP since last year August or so and I finally found this group... a great group of fine ladies... :-)

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Toronto - I found another group on babycenter also in the IVF group. There is a group of ladies all with April IVF dates. We are all on the same stage of the process. I like both of these groups - the "fine as wine group" and the April IVF-ers. I also just joined a MFI... got'em all covered now. LOL.

User Image

12 years ago

Hey ladies!! Just checking in on you all!! I'm so happy to see everyone remaining in good spirits and positive about TTC.

Please excuse the lack of personals...I just wanted to jump on for a quick second and say hi as you all were on my mind.

BTW, I really like that name for the next iteration of the group -- "Fine as Vintage Wine"

User Image

12 years ago

Well, I don't know yet if I am preggers but last night was rough!! I was ready for bed by 8pm (usually I'm at least 10pm) Got the kiddo to bed and was down myself by 8:30.....woke up at 12:30 dreaming I'd lost my daughter, my heart was through my chest for about 20min til (out of the blue!) she stirred a bit & I heard her down the hall (occasionally she hollers out) When I finally got back to sleep I was stuck in an equally weird dream I could not get out of!! I woke up several times & even got up to potty around 4am and every time I fell right back into the dream. WEIRD! Now I'm super tired but not sure whether that's pg or just sleep deprived. OY!

Currently 8dpo, trying to wait a couple more days to test!!!

Cheers ladies!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hi All, Just an update on my doc appt yesterday. I told him that it's just not wanting to happen for us naturally anymore and he wants for me to try clomid for a few months. I was really hoping that it wasn't going to come to this but if that is what it takes then I am willing to try anything now. So, if I am not preggo this cycle, right now I am about 7dpo, but not feeling very hopeful, I will be starting the clomid pretty soon. He did tell me that he doesn't think I am menopausal yet and I still have a good chance at conceving for a few more years so that was some positive news. Right now my symptoms in this 2 ww have not been anything except some light af type cramping on and off which is why I am not feeling too hopeful it happened this time. How about you ladies. Waiting to see all of our BFPS real soon.

Paradise

12 years ago

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say 'hi'. I've been reading everyone's post here and there and I'm always too tired to write anything. I also don't feel I have much of value or insight to add . I don't even know how many dpo I am . is due April 6. Anyone else have their due around then? OPKs are doing nothing for me. I never saw a dark line, maybe I should have saved them all and then maybe the darkest of the light lines means something? I don't know, enough about me.

Thanks to each of you for sharing and posting . . I'm hoping to get better at all of this.

It's gotta rain some around here!!

Cheers,
Lee

User Image Me: 39 DH: 40 DS: 2.5 (3 in October) conceived at 35, born at 36 11/11 mc 8 weeks 2/12 mc 4 weeks 5/12 mc 5 weeks

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo