Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Just dropped by to let everyone know I am expecting AF to show up sometime tomorrow.

Work has picked up again and just learned that my dearest mama is very ill. I think I will pause in ttc while I concentrate on her.

I am loving keeping tabs on everyone. Please take care. I am here but will probably post very infrequently for the next month.

HH9 and baby dust to all!

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

hello ladies,
sorry i havent updated lately been real busy. well i finished those 5 days of pills and guess what still no period!! ugg. well i called dr. today and he told me to consider today cd3 and start the clomid anyways. ???? so guess i will start tempting again and take my clomid like a good girl. i am so confused as this is all ovrwhelming. meaning no period and starting clomid??? so we will wait and see. on the other side my is 21 today and sweet little granddaughtr is turning 2 on friday......so busy weekend hehe. their birthdays are only 2 days apart. will keep up a little better. i so love having you ladies here to be a support system. welcome to all you new vintage ladies

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

I am sorry MM to know that your mama is not doing well, hope she feels better

dmcj, good luck with Chlomid!

Today is my happy day because I got my real AF!!! (isn't it funny to hear it from the lady who desperately wants to get preg again and have a baby :) )
but I am very-very glad . I had d&c on march 2nd, at 5:30am and almost exactly 28 days later af comes back
I had a pretty serious PMS last couple days, poor dh - was not fun for him for sure :) then pm cramps and now I have my regular af with normal flow
so there is alight at the end of the tunnel (will I get there or not who knows but it least I see it and know what direction to move)
good luck to all of you!!!
any news from our 2ww ladies?

12 years ago

to mm....sorry about your mom and will be thinking of you.
to esperanza...thank you and btw this is my second round of clomid... have a great night ladies

12 years ago

Well ladies not going to believe this.....i called doctor and told him still no period....so he had me to go ahead and start my secpnd round of clomid yesterday and low behold guess who decided to visit...ugg go figure now af is here and strong...but problem i have i really messed up and now i started that clomid on day one instead of day three....now my doctor is out til monday and i am in a quandery...guess i will
continue....anyway how are you ladies doing this fine morning?

12 years ago

Feeling dashed, 10dpo (I know, still early) big, blaring BFN! Not feeling a thing anymore, completely normal (dam-mit) Currently tempting fate, I have nary 1 menstrual item in the house..lol Already told my DH to expect a frantic call to stop at the store!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

just compared my cycle to the last time I WAS pregnant & the things I could remotely say I was having this cycle....they are the EXACT opposite of the sx I was having in my pg cycle..go figure. *sigh*

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

dmcj101... for what it's worth, I think you should just continue and see what happens. I know that there is no longer the rule for Clomid from CD5-9 but you can also do CD4-8, CD3-7, CD2-6... you get the drift. Who knows, it may all work out :)

Airiesing... I know the feeling all too well *sigh*... been through this now many, many times...

AFM... 3 BCPs down (18 to go) and nothing to report. I guess I will spend the next month or so lurking...

fx

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

First and foremost...Mountain Mamma - You are in my heart! I am so sorry to hear - go love her and get her well. I'll be sending warm thoughts your way for her.

Mama Belle..I am around april 12 - so a week after you - but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Aerising..10dpo- don't give up hope yet lady! Still early! Come on baby!!! Keep us informed!

Torontochik - Lurk! We want you to keep talking - all of the positive vibes are good for this group - we need them! :)

DMC..I know it's frustrating - follow the doc - and as mountain mama says, keep the chemistry alive!!!

Esperanza..Yippeee!! :) Let's hear it for new days and we can begin again! Good for you! :) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too!

Paradise...You're coming up! Baby dust!!! :D

Lady luck - Praying for the success!

Other fine ladies if I missed you..Baby dust! Keep smiling! Keep positive and keep believing! :)

I am in the tww as of today - totally exhausted. ;) Loved madly and hoping for a fabulous success story after the passion this week! Will keep you posted!
Now I am going to sleep...lol.

xxoo
T

12 years ago • Post starter

Don't give up!! I had my first at 38,my second at 41 and now at 42 I'm pretty sure I'm on my way to number 3.

Once pregnant, I had good experiences with both girls-no issues ,age related or not.There are so many "older" mommies out there that the medical community has really stepped up on research and stats. I feel that this is our time!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo