Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Air... I believe ICSI stands for Intracytoplasmic sperm injection, which means that in an IVF cycle, the swimmers are not just put in the dish with the egg, but one single sperm is injected manually into each egg...

They do this more for couples w/ sperm issues, low responders and older women (as supposedly the egg's shell is harder and thus more difficult to penetrate for the sperm).

AFM... One week of BCPs down, two more to go. Sigh.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

12 years ago

Hi everyone, Just wanted to update and say that I finally got my positive at just 10 dpo which was Friday. I am calculating to be at 13 dpo today and that is going by my positive ovulation test on March 20th, so I could be actually less than 13 dpo. Even though I got a positive on 10 dpo, it was extremely light and that was with a first response test that can detect up to 6 days early. Tested again with fmu at 11 dpo and the line was noticeably darker. Tested again at 12 dpo and again at 13 dpo (today) and the lines intensity are staying the same now. So, even though it is positive, it isn't a BFP just yet. I had a chemical back in November and I remember the tests started out very very light and that wasn't until 15 dpo and then they just kept getting lighter daily so I am worried and stressing myself out over these tests again. I was so hoping that by today it would give me a very good dark line. Is this normal guys? Is it just that I am still so very early? I am on 200 mg of prometrium twice daily to help hold on to a pregnancy. I've also been looking at pictures of others pregnancy tests and lookes like a lot of them have light tests up until a few days after their period should have showed. So, please everyone, keep their fingers crossed for me, and I am so hoping to see some more bfps with you all soon. Thanks

Paradise

12 years ago

Paradise!!! Oh my gosh...sticky, sticky vibes lady! You will be in my thoughts! Stay calm....and keep us informed! I can barely hold my excitement for another fine gal in this group!! :)

Airiesing- I'm still smiling about your BFP! :) Rest now!

Doestate! Hi and Welcome! Fingers crossed that it's your month! Not much on the symptoms comparison but if it's different, it's positive for me!

DMJ - I love that you are talking about grandbaby's! Love them up!

RJ - My AF was awful last month and much longer, very different than normal too. Not sure, but I am guessing that can be caused by all sorts of elements.

Here's to the ladies in the thread...Happy Monday!

"May we each be blessed with a giggling baby!" :)

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay Paradise!!!

I know exactly how you feel. When I got my BFP, I had the same thing... the HPTs were light and I was afraid of having another chemical (you can look at my HPT images for reference). Mine didn't get darker until the day after when my period would've been due.

I'm also on progesterone -- 400mg every day.

to you!!!

User Image

12 years ago

Hi DestinyStarr, I looked at your pregnancy tests. So your tests were really light at 13 and 14 dpo too? And the pregnancy is doing fine now? That makes me feel a lot better then. I am so afraid of having another chemical again, the differences this time though is that I got a light line only 10 dpo when in Nov. with the chemical, I didn't get a line until 15 dpo and it was so light that you had to really look to see it but it got a little darker in the next couple of days, but never got as dark as control line, and then it started getting lighter again until my af just came. I was also on the prometrium then too but it just didn't do any good with that one. I am so hoping that this time around that I am just still too early for the lines to be dark yet. From my calculations, my Af would have been here tomorrow so I am hoping by then or the next few days it will start to get even darker. So, what day past ovulation did you finally get a descent line?

Paradise

12 years ago

Congrats to all those sticky beans we have now.....it is so exciting to have more BFP...... these kind of post give me hope.... btw cd6 and finished the second ugly round of clomid... tell you DH and eeryone else around is glad. so waiting for that big O and you know what me and my DH are going to Vegas for a late honeymoon and annniversary at the end of the month..... So hoping for BFP this month.

so happy to be me today!!!!!

Donna J. User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hey everyone,

Its great to see some BFPs congratulations to Paradise and Airesling. Sorry to all of you have had AF arrive and good luck to you all on the TWW. Sorry its brief, I have been following everyone but I have found this TWW a bit hard.

I am back on my rollercoaster ride with a BFP yesterday, its a squinter within the time limit and then dries quite pink. I have the usual symptoms of sore nipples and breasts, some minor cramping and nausea in the evenings. I have no plan at this stage, I think I will just test at home with HPTs for now. I am not sure about bloodwork as the anxiety is so much, I will see if I get to 5 weeks I guess and maybe see about calling the doctor. I was hoping to wait until 8 weeks before I have a scan.

anyway thinking of you all and hope there are more BFPS soon

User Image

12 years ago

Hi I am 37 and ttc #5. I hope I am not too "young" for you but I just cannot relate to the 20 somethings ttc. I am expecting a bit of a challenge but am optimistic!

12 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!!

Welcome Harper! (I think we can squeeze you in )

ttc41: Congrats lady!!!! We're on a roll, keep 'em comin' ladies!!!!

dmc: Hope you bring back a bean from Vegas!!!!

Yay Paradise!!!!!!!!

I know I'm missing people but I'm gonna move on cause I lose track too easy..lol

AFM: feeling pretty good, getting tired easier but not constantly so that's good. Sore bb's a bit...everything else seems to be on my head! ON not IN lol....breakouts, chapped lips (obscure, but I looked it up. it can happen) and chin furs YAY ME!

Seeing the mid-wife today to confirm, my new doc has a mw & a doula on staff! I'm so excited about that!!!! I'll let you know the updates!

Cheers Ladies!
Erika

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hello ladies, I am new here and ttc at 41. We have 6 beautiful children, 22,19,16,14,10, and 11 mths. we have certainly been blessed. I have had several miscarriages, and just had a chemical pregnancy last mth.

@Swim I so know what u mean about the comments from family and friends. I get rather frustrated with it as well as, yes i know we have 6 children, yes i'm aware of how old I am, but it is our choice as long as we are able to take care of them and love them. The way I see it, if it is in God's plan for us to have one more, then it will be. Our youngest we were only given a 20% chance and we conceived on first try naturally.

I am currently 7dpo and going nuts with all the symptoms that I am having and also being a poas addict. haven't told anyone yet other than hubby of course, since i'm really getting upset with the "when are you going to get your tubes tied" so I really don't have anyone to talk to about this. So happy I found y'all.

Congrats to all those with their BFP's

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo