Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Coffee is in my hand, and I am sitting at the island in the kitchen...Yes, I get to work from home today!! :) Usually I am on the road, but the rest of the week - oh yes, coffee at home! Woo!

It's funny how I look forward to seeing what's happening to the 70s gals! First and foremost, Esperanza - I'm so sorry. When things like that happen it's just awful. My heart goes out to you. You stay strong....:)

MM - Looking forward to the pink lines ;) I love that you met "one of us" at the airport! I did the same at Target the other day! We are everywhere!!

Mama - Welcome to the thread, we love that you found us! I'll be 41 in May...Double Yikes!! ;)

Justine - 10dpo...Here we come! Last month, I secretly tested at 8dpo...Seriously! I'm so bad at waiting!! Lol

Lisserb and Destiny - Smile ladies, Wooooo!..and I'll keep sending good thoughts your way.

Every other 70s gal out there..Let's beat the odds! Fingers crossed and baby dust everywhere!

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello, I am 43. Looks like I am the oldest one here. TTC for 5 months and no luck. I have two boys, 21yo and 18 months. Good luck to all of us.

12 years ago

Esperanza, I am so sorry to hear about your baby. *hugs*

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

12 years ago

Esperanza, I am so sorry for your loss! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Welcome to mama_belle3 and msr238. Good luck and baby dust on your journeys.

AFM, I had a 12dpo BFN this morning using a 10mIU German quick test. If AF isn't around on Saturday, I will test again.

MM

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

I'm 37 will be 38 in march.
My husband and I have not prevented pregnancy since my daughter who is now 16 was born and,up until july 2011 had not gotten pregnant but,sadly that ended in miscarriage. since the miscarriage we have went to the dr for help who has encouraged us to try again and keep trying....I'm just waiting to have blood work done for pcos and will be having a hsg test done to see if my tubes are blocked....I wish everyone good luck

User Image

12 years ago

i'm 39 years old and never thought i'd come to this point...ttc having so much trouble,i guess things happen for a reason,i feel blessed to have 2 wonderful boys ages 15 & 11 they are great kids..but it's been yrs since i've had a baby and selfishly my mother instincts kicked in 4 yrs ago when i met my new husband & couldn't get pregnant and never knew why..he doesn't have children of his own and he loves mine to death..he's a good man & father & provider...he desires to have a baby with all of his might and has been so patient, i know it's not easy he always tells me to have faith and not give up...i want to give him that joy and gift of a baby but also i want to feel the joy of motherhood again, i pray almost every night & plea for god and angels and saints to hear and answer my prayers soon.i'm glad i found this site it helps to vent and share our stories to know that we are not alone..especially at our age we arenot old but not young chicks either and i'm learning alot here to that i didn't when i had my boys..this is an emotional ride that should not be taken alone..even when we feel it,it helps to have support near or far. i wish everyone lots of luck achieving thier goal and never giving up..the best comes to those who wait even if the wait is loger than we'd like.luck for everyone here.god bless us all.

12 years ago

Hi all,
I'm so glad to have found this group as well,
I'm new to 'forums' but realized I may need some positive support,
I'm 38, almost 39 but feel about 29. :)
I had no problem conceiving DD (now almost 4)-took 2 tries, and on the 1st try conceived another last May, but had a missed m/c :)
I decided to take a few months to get as healthy as I could before trying again.
I'm getting bummed though bc it may not have been the best decision:
My dr referred me to a R/E bc of the m/c (and bc I have a few health issues).
It was a "just in case" appt.
He did a Hsg and uterus is great, but when he did an u/s at the start of next cycle I only (?) had 12 follies (q: what is considered a good number?)
Bc of the m/c he put me on baby aspirin & prometrium from dsy 17 to 28,

Anyway, I had a good feeling about February (I know, crazy eh?!) and he did an u/s and I had a mature folli, we have the clear blue ferr monitor & my DH & I did everything right...BD on high fert day + next 2 days of peak fertility.
Guess we should have done more after the peak days
I had 2 BFN (last one was done yesterday).
I was told to stop prometrium on day 28 but keep going if BFP,
Since it was -be I stopped & I'm feeling bummed.

Sorry for the 'venting', & I know I should be optimistic bc we JUST started trying again. I just have my DD reminding me everyday that "she wants a baby"...so it's on mind constantly. Also, the stupid prometrium gave me all kinda of (false) pregnancy symptoms, which, after getting the BFN's just really bummed me out.

Now I'm just waiting for AF to come so I can move on to our next try.
I'm not very familiar with the whole clomid and other treatments (yet).
Hope to get some insight here,
Again. Glad to have found you folks!

12 years ago

Hello and welcome..Jwantsababy, purplemist, ktosello, and msr238!!

We can vent, hope, giggle, share, cry...whatever we want here!! :) That's what it's all about - supporting the older side of ttc and understanding what we're going through together.

Gotta a hott date tonight! ;)

T

12 years ago • Post starter

Tx hopeful@40 :)
I just feel so confused & sad.
I really thought this month would be a 'go', as the RE Showed me the mature folli, we BD'd when I thought we should, etc.
I even went and had a beta done after the HPT BFN's...guess I was hopeful the tests were wrong.
The office didn't call, so I'm assuming it was -ve or the results weren't in.
To prep for pregnancy I gave up coffee & all alcohol (even red wine!)
All I want right now is a glass of red to drown my sorrows in :)
Ah well...here's hoping we're all successful soon!
Btw, anyone else on prometrium & if so, why?I'm just Leary about it.

12 years ago

Shocker! AF arrived this afternoon, 3 days early.

mm

MountainMama -- 47 year old mom of 3 (20yo DD, 17yo DD, 4.5yo DS) TTC #4

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo