Community post

Discussion

Anyone 38 and higher trying to conceive again? :)

View Full Post

Looking to see if there are any ladies out there trying to conceive in the "older" (I can't believe I said that) years.... :) Any luck? Any challenges? Baby dust to all of you!!!

327 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 327 Replies | Last Page

Good morning ladies!! :)

Coffee before a big work week and thought I'd check in too! Justine, so excited for you! :) Keep those signs a coming...

I am 11-12dpo, AF comes on Wed but I took a test and it was negative this morning - so I am off to begin a new month! Booo!!! :( But although my spirits may be a little sad, I am not deterred! I will keep on keeping on... :D

Perhaps 6 is the magic number for my month ttc...fingers crossed.

It sure helps seeing positives, so shout out ladies - we want more BFPs!! :)

Happy Monday strong ladies!!

T

MMama - I am still thinking of you and your mom! :)

12 years ago • Post starter

Good Morning, ladies :) Well got my BFP yesterday morning, but by evening (of course had to pee on something again) with 3 different tests they were BFN. This morning BFN, don't know if it could be results of diluted urine this morning or what. Goodness I feel like I am on a big roller coaster ride. So honestly don't know what to think at the moment. today is 13 dpo and AF is due Wed. ugghhh.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

Hi everyone, Hope all had a great Easter weekend. Mine went pretty good. At least my mind was more at ease knowing my numbers had went up from 124 Tuesday to 242 Thursday. That is why I went back in for that because if I wouldn't have, then I would have been so nervous all weekend not knowing anything. I am still somewhat nervous because I am still not feeling many symtoms yet. The only real symptom I have noticed so far is breast tenderness and it seems to come and go. I have no nausea at all yet or any cramping so I just pray that is normal for me right now. I am right about 20 dpo now. One good thing is that my pregnancy tests are getting darker now. I noticed that the first response tests give me the darkest line but the cheaper tests are still giving me lines not as dark as control lines are. The dollar tree tests really scare me if I use them, so I am not going to use anymore of those brands. I will only be sticking with the first response from now on. I think I need to quit though. I have really gotten addicted to them and have counted using 26 tests since 10 dpo. That is really paranoid isn't it? But, I can't help to want to see those lines get darker each time after going through that chemcial back in November. I go in for my first ultrasound tomorrow but I really think it's going to be too early for him to see anything just yet. Good luck to all those ladies waiting for their BFPs. Can't wait to see them.

Paradise

12 years ago

Hi everyone, Hope all had a great Easter weekend. Mine went pretty good. At least my mind was more at ease knowing my numbers had went up from 124 Tuesday to 242 Thursday. That is why I went back in for that because if I wouldn't have, then I would have been so nervous all weekend not knowing anything. I am still somewhat nervous because I am still not feeling many symtoms yet. The only real symptom I have noticed so far is breast tenderness and it seems to come and go. I have no nausea at all yet or any cramping so I just pray that is normal for me right now. I am right about 20 dpo now. One good thing is that my pregnancy tests are getting darker now. I noticed that the first response tests give me the darkest line but the cheaper tests are still giving me lines not as dark as control lines are. The dollar tree tests really scare me if I use them, so I am not going to use anymore of those brands. I will only be sticking with the first response from now on. I think I need to quit though. I have really gotten addicted to them and have counted using 26 tests since 10 dpo. That is really paranoid isn't it? But, I can't help to want to see those lines get darker each time after going through that chemcial back in November. I go in for my first ultrasound tomorrow but I really think it's going to be too early for him to see anything just yet. Good luck to all those ladies waiting for their BFPs. Can't wait to see them.

Paradise

12 years ago

It is nice to see that everyone is doing well. ttc and paradise, wishing you all the best - healthy sticky beans...
afm - cd 13, and very unexpectedly dpo 1
I had never Ov earlier than day 14, so I was expecting it to be tomorrow but i did follow the instructions on 1st Response Ov. kit and started testing day 10, and got the positive next day. The temps jumped too (from 96.8 to 97.9) which confirmed my Ov on cd 12
It's interesting that egg release happened on Easter :) We got really busy and made sure that we have plenty of easter egg hunters looking for precios egg - now it's a waiting game

12 years ago

Ok, so they told me not to freak because it's still high but of course I still am!

I got my 2nd round of 3's today...hcg is good 656 wed/2021 Saturday BUT progesterone went from 37.5 to 24.4! Like I said, they told me not to freak because it's still good but that's easier said than done!!!

BB's are still tender, very very faint nausea & I was peeing a lot this morning, now not so much *sigh*

STRESSING!!!!!!!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Airiesing: Wish I could say something to ease the anxiety, but I SOOO understand where you are at. I have done nothing but HPT at home cause the anxiety over numbers caused me stress beyond belief last time around. One of my betas hadnt quite doubled, the doctor said dont worry but I did...I was almost sick with worry. I believe that progesterone levels do level out once the pregnancy has established and that number looks quite good.
I plan to do nothing til I am far along enough that everything is ok. I understand that if a heartbeat is seen at 8 weeks then there is a 95 percent chance that the pregnancy will get to term. So i hope to wait that long...time will tell if I can.
I guess wether I worry or not the outcome will not change, either this baby stays or it does not. I have to say I have far less anxiety with this pregnancy, not sure if it is this approach or not...
good luck and sending you positive thoughts.
Justine

User Image

12 years ago

today i am 14 dpo, another neg test. temp dropped this morning and just started spotting . was so hoping for a dec baby, just wasnt meant to be. God has a different plan for us.

Congrats to all those with their BFP,s.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

12 years ago

So sorry Angel...next month, a new year baby!

Thanks for the commiserating Justine, you all are in my prayers too!! it was such a long night...just when I'd start to relax, the creeping doubt would return.

My script for progesterone supplements is still on file from the chem. pg I had in Feb, so I'm going to start it. the doc said it wouldn't hurt if I did. They may be right, I may not really need it but in all my reading any significant drop could signal a mc. If I don't, knowing I could've & it ends, I'll always wonder. The peace of mind will be worth it!

cheers ladies!

Me: almost 42 (May) DH: 42 DD: soon to be 3 (also May!) Honeymoon baby conceived at 38, born at 39 08/11 mc 9.5 weeks. Lost heartbeat, growth stopped 7.5 weeks d&c 11weeks 02/12 chemical pg 4 weeks + 4 (surprise pg) 04/12 BFP!! EDD 12/09/12 PLEASE GOD! PRAISE GOD!! My cocktail:prenatal baby aspirin EPO cd1-O B-100 maca, vitex green tea Now: Prometrium 100mg, by mouth, 2x a day

12 years ago

Hey ladies!

@airiesing -- I've read that progesterone levels can fluctuate from time to time. Also, my doctor says levels are good as long as they are above 15. I agree w/starting the progesterone if you are concerned... it can only help. Stick baby, stick!!!

@angel -- oh, I'm sorry sweetie! Crossing my fingers for you for next cycle!

@ttc@41 -- I love your attitude. I swear that same spirit and lack of anxiety has been my salvation during this pregnancy, especially early on. I've learned that stress does nothing but bring adversity to the situation and your little one. Smooth sailing, my sister... the weeks will pass before you know it.

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo